Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

strange habbit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone have strange habbits....

for me its going into a trance watching flames lol
make me peacefull

Comments

• Options
    I'm actually having trouble thinking of any, so I guess my answer is a big fat no...
  • Options
    If anyone has to think of any, it will probably trigger them off again. :D

I went a P school with a girl that used to bark. :lol:
  • Options
    zooby wrote:
    for me its going into a trance watching flames

I do that to, I love fire its so pretty
  • Options
    zooby wrote:
    does anyone have strange habbits....

make me peacefull

that's called meditation. :thumb:
  • Options
    zooby wrote:

Definately that, something about fire that zones me out.

I sometimes get on strange cleaning fits, where by i have to clean everything i see.

:blush:
  • Options
    counting stairs...I have to count stairs- no matter how many times i go up or down them, I have to know the number. For example (there are 52 from the science block up to the art block in my secondary school, 32 in my local train station and 15 in my house)...cant help it

Funny thing is, I do this counting shit and im dyslexic with numbers (dyscalculia)..haha
  • Options
    foxysoxy wrote:
    counting stairs...I have to count stairs- no matter how many times i go up or down them, I have to know the number.

Enjoy! :)
  • Options
    Also, not sure if its a habbit or a paranoia.. when im trying to sleep i cant have my hands hanging out of the bed or my wrists facing up because im scared someone will grab my hand or cut my wrist or hand off when im sleeping. Me, Paranoid.. never!
  • Options
    I don't have any strange habits, I don't think... Well unless you count a short attention span.
  • Options
    If any sort of volume level (i.e tv, stereo etc) shows numbers... I have to have it on an even number otherwise it bugs me.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    If any sort of volume level (i.e tv, stereo etc) shows numbers... I have to have it on an even number otherwise it bugs me.

I do that for things in the fridge- especially cans. If there are five in the fridge, i'll take one out and put it in the cupboard or drink it just so that its even.

When i'm stressed, everything has to be a right angles.

I sound so flippin mad!
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    I do that to but it has to be a number ending in 5 or 0. I think ive got lots of strange habits.
  • Options
    making strange noises, babling to myself.

Sometimes it's embarrassing, when I walk on the street at night, make some noises with my mouth, or kind of talk to myself (but only nonsensical, incoherent stuff, not elaborate conversation), and somebody comes around the corner.

scratching my balls way to often. When I worked in the hottest summer in the last years in a bakery (beside an 170 degree hot oven), my balls were - needless to say - sweaty, and I somehow tried to make the sit right and grabbed them through my trousers a lot, much to the dismay of some customers or my employer.

picking nose in public, biting nails... you name it.
  • Options
    Oh, loads probably, i seem to be known in my circle of eccentricities...
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:

:heart::D

Mine is stupid and I know it is but if I buy clothes and if the tag has a tear off price bit I have to tear off the price and chew on the paper. It just doesnt feel right to throw the tag away without doing that :blush:
  • Options
    RaggyDoll wrote:
    :heart::D

Mine is stupid and I know it is but if I buy clothes and if the tag has a tear off price bit I have to tear off the price and chew on the paper. It just doesnt feel right to throw the tag away without doing that :blush:

I found the tag for your new coat in my room yesterday... I chucked it away though! :eek: :p
  • Options
    they are stars not stairs :rolleyes:

Oops misread that :P
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    When I was little and I slightly hurt my left hand (for example) I'd have to do the same to the right hand to balance it out. :eek2: Thank fuck I grew out of that weird shit.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    oh yea another one: before i go to sleep, i have to run satin over my thumbs. Dont ask me why- it freaks people out though...they think i've got a satin fetish.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:

I do that with the microwave. The number has to end in a 0 or 5. No 12 second cooking for me.

Also when I eat I have to have the same amount on each side of my jaw. If I eat m&ms I have to eat an even number, right side chews 4 of them, left side chews 4 of them... same thing for any solid food. If theres an odd one I'll give it away.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    JamesZero wrote:
    I do that too, but there's an exception: The number 5. It has to be an even number or end in 5 (because it's half of 10).
    I think I have other things too, but that's what I can think of right now.
    noog wrote:
    Oops misread that :P
    So you thought she goes up and down the stars? :p
  • Options
    There are times (lots of times) when everything I say, the syllables have to add up to multiples of 4, same with footsteps. I get really obsessive over it sometimes, like I'll turn things people say over and over in my head til I can make the syllables add up to multiples of 4, and when I do that I often completely miss the rest of what they say :o.

I get really stressy if my bedroom door is left open, for whatever reason. And I'm also one of the volumes-have-to-be-even-numbers people.

Yeh.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    When I was little and I slightly hurt my left hand (for example) I'd have to do the same to the right hand to balance it out. :eek2: Thank fuck I grew out of that weird shit.

I got that too and still do it sometimes. Definately an OCD.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

I used to do that too.

I remembered another one I do: If I am sleeping on my own I have to turn all the mirrors around so that I can't see them during the night.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    I sometimes do that.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Also, every time I leave a room I have to flick the switch 17 times to turn off the light, or my parents will die.
    Nah, that's from "friends".
  • Options
    just thought of another:
    when i set my alarm i cant set it on the hour or at half past ect. it has to be at 7:58 or 7:28
  • Options
    I count stairs too, it's normal surely? I also balance the numbers on a digital clock face. hmmn, weird might be that when in a car, clenching the butt cheek on whichever side the last lamppost was on and switching when go past next lampost... I have buns of steel :D
  • Options
    I talk to myself constantly, even on the street. I wont use cutlery/plates etc unless its completely clean. And other stuff as well.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    I am with you on that one