Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Spazed out on pills

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had 4 pills on an empty stomach the other day, I hadn't done this before, but I obviously ended up throwing up. I'd been having a great time on this particular pill for months now. So, after hurling, i dropped 2 more. Now, I can't say I remember much after that. But my pals said I had a violent fit, an that my joints began to lock up which put my limbs in fucked positions. I was foaming at the mouth profusely. I'd bit my tongue so hard it was bleeding and my eyes were rolled into the back of my skull. Subsequently they phoned an ambulance and I was rushed to hospital. I was in an out of this paralysis all the way there. I got to the hospital and I felt fine as soon as I sat on a bed. They ran some tests, warned me my BPM was 135 and recommended I stay in under observation. I was all up for going home though in the state I was.

I woke up the next morning. Tongue swollen, unable to eat. Legs and arms burning from the intense stress I put them under during the fit and a huge hand print on the side of my face. My friend tried slapping me out of it you see :razz:

Anyone else had a similar experience? I mean, I'm usually the one okay out of the group and I'm the one looking after everyone else, but not this time. It's put me off for a while anyway.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Were the two latter pills the same as the earlier ones?

Did your other mates use the same pills?
    Yes the 2 pills were the same pills. We were all on the rolex's
    It could have been that with an empty stomach, and then large doses of stimulants your blood sugar level crashed, what were you drinking that night?
    Soley water. I never drink alcohol on E.
    sometimes pills can make you feel a bit sick. thats how they can make me but i think its just gas, which will be even worse if you haven't eaten. if you are sick then that doesn't mean you should take anymore because your body has still taken in the chemicals, especially not double drop! if you do decide to do pills again you should be taking it much easier. you only started them a few weeks ago, theres no need to be double dropping etc. i only had 2 rolexs last night and i was buzzin! they did make me feel sick on the come up though.

be careful and take it easy
    I'll be doing pill's again, just needing a break. Need to get my head straight. Im back off to uni next week, so who knows :P

There were experienced users in the room so I was okay. Thing was I dont remember the the fit, so all I can go off is what pals described. I know if I'd of seen a freind go through the same thing, I'd of thought the very worse! I feel bad on them as I've put them off dropping alltogether now. (We'll see how long that lasts) Im told its very rare for such a thing to happen. It's an arse becuase I've had such a blast on this particular pill past 12 weeks.

Is it bad I'm still up for dropping again?!
    If I had a fit on e's, I'd never touch them again, and I wouldn't want a friend using them again if they suffered something similar.
    i said ages ago in another thread that if i was sick everytime i had Es it would put me off doing them. well i've started being sick quite often now on the come up (or feeliong really sick) and it definitely doesn't put me off.

obviously a fit is much more serious than that. i'd be well freaked out if i woke up in hospital. what do people think it is? just over doing it? :confused:

box: you had 6 pills.. in what time frame?
    I had them within 3-4 hours? I mean I cant really say. Just a stab in the dark that one.

I was aware I wasnt doing good and that i was in an ambulance, but I dont remember any of it? Can you understand that? Little bits are comin back over time. I remember the hopsital having no pillows and spills of dry blood staining my cubicle floor though. Wasnt from me so I'm told.

It's crazy, all that time I was out of it, I get the feeling through total lack of awareness, maybe thats what it's like when you die? You really dont have a clue either way, it just blends into one seemless event that you dont have any feeling or say in.
    i guess 6 is alot to be taking in 3-4 hours. especially if you double dropped. i take maybe 2 in that time.

but then again im sure loads of people take that many and are fine. but their tolerance is probably higher/they've been doing it for longer. well our bodies are all different aren't they. i would expect to be fucked up royally if i did 6 in 3-4hours.
    No matter what your tolerance to MDMA is, it won't alter how your body responds to other chemicals and adulterants in pills. So if you get a bad batch and decide to drop 3 at once, it's quite possible you could have an adverse effect such as this, even if you normally don't feel anything from 2 or more pills.

You should ALWAYS try and drop one at a time, and wait to come up on that one before dropping again. It might mean you're waiting around before you get the desired level of effect, but it also means you're minimising the risk. Even if you double drop then top up with halves, it just means your subsequent doses are more controlled. I've dropped three at once then snorted three... I felt nothing for half an hour, then couldn't hardly see or move I was so fucked. You just can't predict everything completely.
    I didnt double drop. I dropped another 2 after being sick, thats what I meant.

Ive still got one left. Hmmm I wonder.
    My medical knowledge isnt great, but I'm fairly sure you can fit like this from a dire lack of blood sugar. Which would fit the picture given you were hammering the pills (totally above what you need if you have only just started using) and there was nothing that the body could draw from for energy. But thats just a theory.

If you are thinking of using again, I think your best bet is to start with just a half, at home in a calm and safe place. And in future give the pills time to work, MDMA can take a good 45 mins to kick in, so necking that many in 4 hours is not only physically dangerous but wont get you any higher, there is only so much seritonin the brain can produce.
    What on earth was I thinking? I do 2 usually. 3 max! I got stupid.

The worst thing at the minute is my mouth! My tongue is nawed to fuck! You can see where the molars clenched into the poor thing during the fit. Eating/drinking anything is painfull! It took me an hour to polish off half a sandwhich before. Even talking hurts. Puh.

Anyone got any remedies?
    You could suck on Decacaine (or something spelt like that) this numbs the throat and tongue and has anti-bacterial things in it.
    Try gargling with soluble asparin too. I had a really nasty throat infection and that was the only thing that numbed it.

Budda - I have a friend who is healthy and fit, but can pass out and throw up if he does exercise without enough food/sugar. So I'd expect that being hypoglycemic could well be possible when exerting yourself on pills with a raised heart rate.
    My tongue cleared up eventually. That was horrible though, not being able to eat anything over new year. I've started doing pills again however, nowhere near on the scale I was previously, I can do one a night and be happy absolutley! Its like I feel more in control after a break. The majority of my mates have stopped doing them completely though, they constanly remind me of what happened and even though I can understand their point of view, I think I've learned a fantastic lesson, the whole episode of hospital to recovery has been a real wake up call, I think so differently now, I appreciate things alot more, I feel happier within myself and most of all I can say no to a pill.

I think the problem was. I came to university wanting to expereince everything possible, I came here for that reason more than any other, I dove in the deep end certainly. I took a very very strong liking to pills, so much so, every thought and decision I took felt right eventhough it was wrong. I came from doing no drugs to doing loads in a few months, and it was great but it changed me so much I couldnt even realise it. An example would be, i'd buy two more pills than that of my mates, so when they wanted to go to bed, I could upstairs and drop 2 on my own, sit at my computer and vibe to whatever music, internet site I could. They couldnt understand why I'd do such'a thing, but at the time I thought it was great to do this, its only now I realise how wrong and backwards it was. Afterall, ecstasy is a drug to expereince with others socially, not alone.

Another reason be, us lot dropped our pills during house parties random parties in our hall, seeming most of me pals dont want to do them anymore I've been going out with a mate who still does, to clubs in Manchester more oftenly and doing 1-2 there. Around here, there pretty much on tap, in clubs you have to make the effort and find someone, something I dont wanna do dancing my tits off. The thing is I can do two an not feel the need for another, maybe because the night ends at a certain time? Say 5 oclock, I can accept thats the end of the night now and go home, have a nice spliff or two and fall asleep.

What im trying to say is, in a way I'm glad what happened to me happened, it was such a slap in the face it woke me up, and convinced me to sort my life out. An I have.
    Could have been Serotonin Syndrome
    I ALWAYS used to spew when I was doing pills back in the day.

I think it didn't used to help though we'd smoke lots and drink a shed load before we dropped, and sometimes double drop or more, ugh!

It didn't put me off getting off it though, I still get a bit sicky now but I manage to stay calm and control myself.

Dying to get off it lately on pills, but can't handle the come down/weeks after it.. :( :crying:

It really, really sucks.
    I ALWAYS used to spew when I was doing pills back in the day.

I didnt hurl, I had an aggressive fit! :(
    i'm sick all the time when i have pills now. i never used to and i thought if that ever happened to me it would put me off taking them. well it doesnt! 5mins of feeling like you're gona throw up is worth it :yes:
    I've never thrown up because of a drug, except alcohol and that was only on the one occaision. I can feel ill sometimes but I just don't throw up, in fact I've only ever thrown up a few times ever from being ill in my life.
    lipsy wrote:
    i'm sick all the time when i have pills now. i never used to and i thought if that ever happened to me it would put me off taking them. well it doesnt! 5mins of feeling like you're gona throw up is worth it :yes:

Too right it is.

TBH I got to the stage where because it happened every time, (which was 2-3 times week for me lol) I just got used to it and in the end I learned to enjoy it.

Now that sounds pretty fucked up, but when you're totally fucked, its nice to get it out of the way and over with, and it always makes me rush like fuck!!!!!!!! lol

Same goes for havin a shit.

Must just be me lol:eek:
    pill 'ed wrote:
    I've never thrown up because of a drug, except alcohol and that was only on the one occaision. I can feel ill sometimes but I just don't throw up, in fact I've only ever thrown up a few times ever from being ill in my life.

Maybe you have magic powers?
    I always look forward to that 1st piss the next morning myself

heavenly :D
    :crazyeyes :yuck: :lol:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I over did it on pills this weekend. I havn't been caining them fro a long time but this weekend was different. I enjoyed it, but now don't think it was worth it.
    I honestly can't see me taking and pills or powders for a good length of time now.
    Weekender Offender 
    awww. come here for a cuddle :)
    lipsy wrote: »
    i said ages ago in another thread that if i was sick everytime i had Es it would put me off doing them. well i've started being sick quite often now on the come up (or feeliong really sick) and it definitely doesn't put me off.

obviously a fit is much more serious than that. i'd be well freaked out if i woke up in hospital. what do people think it is? just over doing it? :confused:

Pills and coke started to make me sick after about 6 months of doing them weekly. I think over time your body just says enough is enough, probably best to give them up for a while to let yourself recover.

In about 4-4 an half hour?