Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Time taken designing your tatoo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm no artist and I really can't draw for crap. I am wanting to get a biggish tattoo on my back done, and I've a vague idea of what I want (wings and a motto) however I was just curious as to what those of who have tattoos yet aren't artistically talented did when designing yours.

On another note, what do people think about wings? I know it's my choice and everything but I'm just curious. I always thought Kelly Osbourne's were cute but there's a guy I work with who has hideous ones.

Any feedback would be lovely, ta.

Comments

• Options
    Ooooh, tattoo design, my favourite subject. I'd advise that you go to your nearest tattooist with your ideas and maybe some pictures and get them to design it for you. I don't know where you are but I'd highly highly reccommend my local guy (pm me for details). People have been known to travel from the other end of the country to take advantage of his custom tattoos. He designed my last one and it was so much better than what I'd originally drawn.
  • Options
    I'd say the same- I'm getting an oriental dragon tattooed on my thigh and my local tattoo bloke is designing it for me, should be brilliant. They normally sketch a couple of ideas out for you first then draw it up properly. Give it a go, no harm comes if you change your mind.
  • Options
    I think celtic designs look best.