Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Where are the bus loads of Roma gyspies?

So, they've had more than enough time to come here since the midnight deadline yesterday, given we were lead to believe that they were all rushing here to claim the dole where are they? Anyone seen any?

Have you spotted a Bulgarian criminal yet?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hopefully they have decided to go to France instead.
  • Options
    the buses didn't run yesterday...
  • Options
    They're all in Bradford :D
  • Options
    Surely you're not suggesting budda that the right wing tabloid newspapers had somehow exaggerated the number of citizens from Romania and Bulgaria who might be coming to Britain to live and work?

Those fine institutions would never dream of doing such a thing!
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Surely you're not suggesting budda that the right wing tabloid newspapers had somehow exaggerated the number of citizens from Romania and Bulgaria who might be coming to Britain to live and work?

Of course not, they didnt do it last time at all did they.

Frankly I'm hoping Romanians and Bulgarians come to my area, the invasion of Poles and others has been great.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    Of course not, they didnt do it last time at all did they.

Frankly I'm hoping Romanians and Bulgarians come to my area, the invasion of Poles and others has been great.

There is a really gorgeous Romanian guy who works in a posh Italian restaurant near me, if they all look like him and get jobs I don't really care.
  • Options
    They probably all land in S.E London again, and im not looking forward to them coming if they were like the last foreign exchange.

But 300,000 coming is slightly exaggerated, or so I hope.
  • Options
    Really? I live in South East London and have not noticed any influx of immigrants or negative effects. Care to elaborate?
  • Options
    London's been full of foreigners for 30 years, I don't think there's been an influx.

I think they're all voices in Richard Littlejohn's head :D
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Really? I live in South East London and have not noticed any influx of immigrants or negative effects. Care to elaborate?
    Yeah, rapping's, assaults, you name it. There used to be terrible fights happening between them and the locals, with knifes and other weapons. There was constant police presence , then just like that they disappeared. I never liked going up to my town center a night when I was younger because the trouble.

What "main" part of SE are you near (obviously not your address ;))
  • Options
    You must let me know what newspaper you read and what TV channel you watch, because mine are obviously doing a crap job. I haven't been informed of this wave of rapes, assaults and fights by immigrants! :mad:

I live near Tulse Hill. As it happens there was once a Brazilian chap who lived round here and he ended up being shot by the police in a tube station for being a terrorist.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    You must let me know what newspaper you read and what TV channel you watch, because mine are obviously doing a crap job. I haven't been informed of this wave of rapes, assaults and fights by immigrants! :mad:

I live near Tulse Hill. As it happens there was once a Brazilian chap who lived round here and he ended up being shot by the police in a tube station for being a terrorist.
    Im no where near you I dont think. Im near Dartford end. I was about 13-14 about the time so about 5 years. The cause was when we were flooded by Simalians, Albanians, Kosavans. Then now I havnt seen them in years, perhaps they were re-housed somewhere or arrested.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Im no where near you I dont think. Im near Dartford end. I was about 13-14 about the time so about 5 years. The cause was when we were flooded by Simalians, Albanians, Kosavans. Then now I havnt seen them in years, perhaps they were re-housed somewhere or arrested.
    Would they not be refugees and asylum seekers rather than immigrants looking for work? Just assuming based on where they're coming from.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    London's been full of foreigners for 30 years, I don't think there's been an influx.

London has been full of foreign people since it was a city, we speak about 100different languages.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    London has been full of foreign people since it was a city, we speak about 100different languages.
    90 of those are just Chelsea's squad though.
  • Options
    Would they not be refugees and asylum seekers rather than immigrants looking for work? Just assuming based on where they're coming from.
    Fuk knows, they came then went. Its weird how they all went at roughly the same time considering there were tons.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:

Or maybe they returned home because the situation in thier country improved and their lives were no longer at risk.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    Or maybe they returned home because the situation in thier country improved and their lives were no longer at risk.

That's possible for Albania and Kosovo, but unlikely for Somalia which as recent attention has shown hasnt had a functioning State for about 16 years.

I assume they just moved (or were moved elsewhere) no offence to the people who live there but I'd move away from Dartford if I was put there.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    So, they've had more than enough time to come here since the midnight deadline yesterday, given we were lead to believe that they were all rushing here to claim the dole where are they? Anyone seen any?

Have you spotted a Bulgarian criminal yet?

The Telegraph had a photo of a Romanian woman arriving at Heathrow on the front page this morning.

As far as the Roma go, I don't think donkeys can pull carts that quickly. Expect them sometime around March.
  • Options
    The Telegraph had a photo of a Romanian woman arriving at Heathrow on the front page this morning.

It wasnt one of the Cheeky Girls was it?
  • Options
    Nah but she was quite hot.
  • Options
    90 of those are just Chelsea's squad though.

:lol:
  • Options
    Nah but she was quite hot.

The Telegraph is terrible for that, if they can shoe horn a nice looking woman on the front page they always do, its the same reason they always cover those women jumping off bridges in Oxford.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Yeah, rapping's, assaults, you name it.

These things never happened before then?
    HIT wrote:
    There used to be terrible fights happening between them and the locals, with knifes and other weapons. There was constant police presence , then just like that they disappeared. I never liked going up to my town center a night when I was younger because the trouble.

Where in SE London are on about?
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    That's possible for Albania and Kosovo, but unlikely for Somalia which as recent attention has shown hasnt had a functioning State for about 16 years.

I assume they just moved (or were moved elsewhere) no offence to the people who live there but I'd move away from Dartford if I was put there.

I would as well - however my husband's family have a factory in the area in question which employed a large number of Kosovans - they needed some staff in a hurry and my father in law literally found them on a street corner and they were excellent workers but quite a lot of them have now gone home. The only bit of trouble I seem to recall was when one of the employment agencies accidentally sent along an Serb and one of them randomly changed his name after 2 years.

Where I work we have already had at least one person who works with us in Romania phoning up asking for a job.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Yeah, rapping's, assaults, you name it. There used to be terrible fights happening between them and the locals, with knifes and other weapons. There was constant police presence , then just like that they disappeared. I never liked going up to my town center a night when I was younger because the trouble.

Before British people would never ever commit crimes. More British commit crimes that foreigners do in this country. FACT. Also rapping ay? I havn't ever heard an Albanian rapper, i must have a look when i'm never in a record shop.
  • Options
    Do they not need work visas to come here or something and harsh penelties are put on them if they're found here without them? Most will end up moving to countries in mainland Europe anyway.
  • Options
    Before British people would never ever commit crimes. More British commit crimes that foreigners do in this country. FACT. Also rapping ay? I havn't ever heard an Albanian rapper, i must have a look when i'm never in a record shop.
    Yes I no British people commit crimes. People commit crimes regardless of race, I should hope more British commit crimes than foreigners considering British out number them. Whats your point? :confused:
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Yes I no British people commit crimes. People commit crimes regardless of race, I should hope more British commit crimes than foreigners considering British out number them. Whats your point? :confused:

You seemed to be inferring that only 'immigrants' committed crimes in your area.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    You seemed to be inferring that only 'immigrants' committed crimes in your area.
    Well considering the thread is about immagrants coming to the country im not going to be talking about sport.

So how have I refereed that "only" immigrants have committed crimes in my area? :confused: