Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Grr New Year

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Rant...

Having a party for New Year, up to 30 people said they would come. Now over the past few days everyone has decided they can't be bothered or they've got something better do do, so now it looks like 10 people are coming. GRR! If you're not gonna come then don't say you are! Grr

Comments

• Options
    10 people will be enough to have a good time chick!
  • Options
    At least you got a party that's definately on. Me and a few of my mates turning up at a party that we haven't technically been invited to, we know all the people there so it should be ok but if for some reason we can't get in then we are pretty screwed. The pub is just down the road though...
  • Options
    I have to work :crying: for £4 an hour !!
  • Options
    squeal wrote:
    I have to work :crying: for £4 an hour !!

You're working tonight for £4 an hour?!
    FUCK
    THAT
    SHIT!
    Seriously that is fucking out of order, I wouldn't even consider doing that. I turned down working tonight for tripple pay - £15 an hour.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    10 people will be enough to have a good time chick!

Yeah but still!! Its annoying when I'm organising a party for 30 people and only 10 can be bothered to come

Squeal £4 an hour!! In a pub? When I worked New year I usually get time and a half, although once I didn't because they were stingy
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    I turned down working tonight for tripple pay - £15 an hour.

I would have so worked that :yes:
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    Yeah but still!! Its annoying when I'm organising a party for 30 people and only 10 can be bothered to come

Squeal £4 an hour!! In a pub? When I worked New year I usually get time and a half, although once I didn't because they were stingy
    when organising a party you should generally account for half or so of them coming babe! That's what I do. But then my parties don't consist of food and it's usually bring your own tipple.
  • Options
    We're having a big party in a mates flatshare. With loads of beer, vodka, and other spirits, various juices to mix. Pizza, Gulaschsoup, a tablefootball table, a sound studio, around 20 to 25 peeps and enough pyrotechnics to forcefully take over vienna for one night.

It will be funny.
  • Options
    i know how you feel, that's why i stopped organising stuff for my birthday - because they couldn't be bothered/had better stuff to do

Only 1 of my friends actually wished me happy birthday and got me a present. I won't bother with the others next time :yeees:
  • Options
    My friends are like a herd of sheep. Organising things is a nightmare.

At the first hint of someone not going, the others all follow.
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    I would have so worked that :yes:

Well it was double pay (so £10 an hour) until midnight, and then tripple pay from then on.
    I was very tempted but I hate missing out on mash ups, espescially a new years eve mash up.
  • Options
    "At the first hint of someone not going, the others all follow."
    How true!!
  • Options
    Luce wrote:
    "At the first hint of someone not going, the others all follow."
    How true!!

Like a flock of fucking sheep I tell thee, like a flock of fucking sheep