Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ever Feel Like You Are Dating Your Friends?! Grrrr

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The arguements get so petty and ridiculous when there was nothing to argue about in the first place! Stress all for nothing! Just ruin a night, especially New Years for the hell of it!

Comments

• Options
    I am verging on that with my friends, also about NYE, and it's all because the weather sucks!
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    The arguements get so petty and ridiculous when there was nothing to argue about in the first place! Stress all for nothing! Just ruin a night, especially New Years for the hell of it!
    Oh well if you're in London and it's shit txt me, I'm about too.
  • Options
    I'm quite lucky, me and my friends only playfully bicker.
  • Options
    me and my mates never argue.

i know a group of very catty girls though who just bitch about each other and stir up shit all the time, every time they go out, even to the pub theres an argument. i couldn't handle that coz im quite passive really
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I'm quite lucky, me and my friends only playfully bicker.
    Yea same... 'cept one guy back home who decides that now I'm harder to get on wit and have changed for the worse (wtf, I'm a friendlylaid back person)... He's told me not to get too environmental (though I don't talk about it, he just knows I'm E&E officer)... Apparently I pretend to be 'street' but Icome from a 'posh estate' (where a lot of the houses are half owned by the council :confused: ) and that we're growing apart...

Wierd because all that's happened is that I've matured and done more stuff.
  • Options
    he probably just feels left behind, maybe theres a bit of jealousy there too. i wouldn't take his comments to heart
  • Options
    I always argue with a friend of mine. I make the mistake of starting it then blaming him for it.
  • Options
    I think I've got to the stage where I want to dump a couple of people in my life who just make me feel shit. Guess it happens to everyone at some point. I forgive people way too easily, especially girls. Think I would prefer to have more male friends, easier to get along with. Sick of the bitchy side of girls.
  • Options
    ive never understood how friends can argue so much.

If you disagree that much then i'd say you dont really get on and its not much of a friendship!

Id hate to have to pussyfoot around my friends to prevent arguments starting, and id hate for my friends to be arguing around me.
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:

Well after last night there are certain people who i never want to fucking see again, have had enough of them and can't be arsed anymore. arggh!!!!!
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    I think I've got to the stage where I want to dump a couple of people in my life who just make me feel shit. Guess it happens to everyone at some point. I forgive people way too easily, especially girls. Think I would prefer to have more male friends, easier to get along with. Sick of the bitchy side of girls.

i know what you mean. ive had to have a long think about a few of mine too
  • Options
    Yea same... 'cept one guy back home who decides that now I'm harder to get on wit and have changed for the worse (wtf, I'm a friendlylaid back person)... He's told me not to get too environmental (though I don't talk about it, he just knows I'm E&E officer)... Apparently I pretend to be 'street' but Icome from a 'posh estate' (where a lot of the houses are half owned by the council :confused: ) and that we're growing apart...

grrr, how pathetic. I hate it when people try and stop you from being yourself and trying to make out your heartfelt beliefs and politics are crap.
    Hes the stupid one. Dont take it to heart!!!
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    Actually, tbh male friends can be just as bad...
  • Options
    Actually, tbh male friends can be just as bad...

I can speak only for myself, but I had a lot more convenient times with my male friends too. Of course girls aren't walking trouble a priori, but girls are like dry straw and boys like wet leaves and you are playing with a lit match.

Without generalization from my own experience.
  • Options
    Don't know how related this is to the thread, but about the title, I get that feeling quite often... I guess i'm simply poor at escalating the relationship, hmm, and sometimes i don't know whether it's a date or a hangout. it's a challenge i say!

More to the topic, i think it's more individual than it is about the sex. I find that there's a wide variety of people in my social circle who can (a) be total assholes all the time and refuse to accept the truth in the arguments and continue for the sake of their, already lost, dignity i guess (b) are friendly and don't go down that road. I guess it's just all about getting the right friends and many people can be unlucky and get the wrong ones. IMO either dump them or solve the issue, the friendship sucks anyway.