Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

any recommended 360 games?

any games that can be recommended?

only asking because I finished tomb raider and am working on call of duty 2 so thats 2 out of my 3 games. oh gave up on dead rising.

if you would be so kind I would be most pleased
thanks
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Pick up some bargain games for the original xBox. They're still good, and will keep you entertained until you find some full-priced games for the 360 :).

Forza Motorsport is damned good. And I'm quite getting in to Fable:- The Lost Chapters. If it were me, then I'd be spending my money on older titles until I worked out exactly what appealed to me - a rubbish game can be a rather expensive investment :).
    Viva Pinata, Table Tennis, Gears of War, Saints Row, GRAW, Rainbow Six Vegas, Hitman: Blood Money & Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
    Infinite wrote:
    Gears of War

uber game ! :yes:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Gears of war is alright but I think it's over hyped. I want Oblivion, but really I'm just counting down the days till Halo 3.
    Anyone seen the ad on tv?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWkoWLQVpsk
    Weekender Offender 
    Fable:- The Lost Chapters. If it were me, then I'd be spending my money on older titles until I worked out exactly what appealed to me - a rubbish game can be a rather expensive investment :).

Fable is a fucking amazing game for the original Xbox, as are Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic 1 and 2.

For the Xbox 360, Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is fucking awsome and so is FIFA 2007, they're the only games I've got so far. But I've heard good stuff about Gears Of War, and as Skive said, Halo 3 looks fucking sic.
    Having watched the Et Tu Brute? documentary, Halo 3 looks like...a Halo game I guess. I'm not massively into the series, so I'll reserve judgement until I get my hands on it.

Lost Planet is out next month, Crackdown in February, Stranglehold in March, GTA in October, Fable 2 in november...it's going to be a good year for games.
    Gears of War! I love it!
    Infinite wrote:

Fable 2 in november...it's going to be a good year for games.

I can't wait for that!

Do you know if there are any decent Star Wars RPG's coming out on the 360, like KOTOR 1 and 2?
    pill 'ed wrote:
    I can't wait for that!

Do you know if there are any decent Star Wars RPG's coming out on the 360, like KOTOR 1 and 2?

Not as far as I know. There was a tech demo doing the rounds that showed off force powers modelled with realistic physics, but there isn't an officially announced game. Yet.

Bioware, the folk that made the first KOTOR are making a space based RPG called Mass Effect.
    Infinite wrote:
    Viva Pinata

I remember asking you about gears of war and you said you stopped playing to play this, say it on TV and how I knew what it was. thought it was quite funny

anyway. thats one of the games I wanna try, I also like the look of crackdown.
    Dead Rising, Saints Row, NHL07 if you like that sorta thing, GRAW, FarCry, Call Of Duty isnt too bad I've got COD2, RAinbow Six Vegas is actually really good great multiplayer too !

and of course the ever great Pro Evo Soccer 6 :D
    edn1 wrote:

and of course the ever great Pro Evo Soccer 6 :D

I'm more of a FIFA man myself
    I remember asking you about gears of war and you said you stopped playing to play this, say it on TV and how I knew what it was. thought it was quite funny

anyway. thats one of the games I wanna try, I also like the look of crackdown.

Viva Pinata is the best game I've played this year.

Seriously.

I like it more than Zelda, Gears of War, Oblivion...all small time compared to getting a Chewnicorn into your garden.

It's second only to Psychonauts on my greatest games ever list.
    well, I trust your opinion so Its probably gonna pop up in my X-Box soon.
    isn't it where you just take care of piniatas? (or however the fudge you spell it)
    well, I trust your opinion so Its probably gonna pop up in my X-Box soon.
    isn't it where you just take care of piniatas? (or however the fudge you spell it)

Aye.

You're given a plot of land and are charged with turning it into a garden. You have to grow plants or landscape ponds to attract pinatas into it.

You shouldn't be put off by how cutsey it is, it can be a challenge to keep the pinatas happy and attract new ones. And you have Professor Pester, that son of a bitch, hassling you every now and then.

I'd give some of the reviews and a read. If it sounds like the kind of game you'd enjoy then go for it. It's awesome.
    are u over 18?

if u are then u should be watching other things on the screen instead,if u know what i mean
    :yes: :wave:
    Gears of War is superb. Splinter Cell is also worth playing.
    best games ive got for my 360 so far are:

Gears of War
    Splinter Cell: Double Agent
    Viva Pinata
    Madden 2007
    Pro Evo 6
    Project Gotham 3
    Call of Duty 2 and 3
    Rainbow 6: Vegas
    Blitz: The League
    Tony hawk project 8
    Just Cause

all these games ive been wanting to play all the way through.

got Lost Planet to start on next which also looks ace.
    koe_182 wrote:
    Pro Evo 6

I played this is on the 360 and hated it despite loving Pro Evo. It's a PS2 game through and through I think. Not to mention the fact you can't even edit the game on the 360. XBox fucked up badly there I think.
    Addict wrote:
    I played this is on the 360 and hated it despite loving Pro Evo. It's a PS2 game through and through I think. Not to mention the fact you can't even edit the game on the 360. XBox fucked up badly there I think.

all true, i thought i was gonna hate it too, played pro evo on the ps2 all the way back to Winning Eleven 3 the jap version, always patched it up with strips, stadiums chants the works and then saw what they'd done to the xbox version, played it a few times and really got into it. maybe its due to the fact that i dont own a ps2 anymore...

i think for your average pro evo fan its no different to the ps2 version, because majority of people probably dont edit.

i think the gameplay is still top notch and still certainly better than Fifa07.
    koe_182 wrote:
    all true, i thought i was gonna hate it too, played pro evo on the ps2 all the way back to Winning Eleven 3 the jap version, always patched it up with strips, stadiums chants the works and then saw what they'd done to the xbox version, played it a few times and really got into it. maybe its due to the fact that i dont own a ps2 anymore...

i think for your average pro evo fan its no different to the ps2 version, because majority of people probably dont edit.

i think the gameplay is still top notch and still certainly better than Fifa07.

You could be playing Pro Evo on a Commodore and it'd still be better than Fifa 07. :razz:

But yes, I've played it on the PS2 since Pro Evo 3 and always liked to edit it to make it more realistic - it actually ends up looking more realistic than Fifa if you get a good option file!

Anyway my friends and I have all played Pro Evo a few times on my mate's 360 and I think he's gonna take the game back, and just continue using PS2 for Pro Evo. It just feels better on the PS2, and getting the new option files is part and parcel of pro evo.
    Actually man I think your wrong. I think pro evo on the 360 was a huge embarresment and a major mistake. It felt like it was full of all the stupid lazy mistakes made by EA with FIFA and should never have been allowed out the door in the cut back rip-off state it was in.

After playing both for a while, and being a big pro-evo fan, I'm sorry but FIFA 07 is simply the better game on the 360 - and even that is pretty hamstrung.
    Well have you played Pro Evo 6 on the PS2, because it is a divine game, almost flawless. Still the most entertaining game I've played over the last year. I haven't played FIFA 07 but from my knowledge of EA and having read reviews, I doubt it comes close to Pro Evo 6 on the PS2. Some of my friends play FIFA and say games can often end up 8-6 scorelines and stuff, which just seems silly, and some players in the game seem to be able to score more or less any time you shoot e.g. Ronaldinho. That shit just doesn't wash with me. I'll keep playing Pro Evo on the PS2 at least until the PS3 comes out.
    I'm talking about the 360 versions of pro-evo - I fully agree the ps2 version was great which is why the 360 version was the video gaming equivilent of the manufacturer just pissing on their fans.
    I have to admit as much as i love PES6 on the 360 I was shocked that the ability to save your goals was not there i mean that is plain ridiculous being that the 360 has a Hard drive.
    after looking around I really want viva pinata now.
    FIFA 07 isn't as simple as the older FIFA games.