Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I want a credit card

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, I want to get one of these.

How do I know whether I'll be accepted or not? Because I don't want to apply and get rejected, then get rejected for something else that I could've had, because they now have a record of my other application. I had a credit card in uni that I used about three times in as many years (because you got free book tokens) and payed it off before I ever got charged any interest. And I've used my overdraft before, but never failed to pay it off in time. Do they check things like overdrafts? My phone contract has always been paid off by direct debit, so nothing's been missed there. I think in uni I had one direct debit that didn't go through, but then the bank gave me my £30 fine back because they admitted that they'd made a mistake and not extended my overdraft sufficiantly to cover it, even though I asked them. But I imagine that would still count as a missed payment in the eyes of the creditors? That's all I can think of in my otherwise pretty boring financial dealings. Anyway, am I being paranoid about nothing, or is that card way out of my league and I need something different?

Comments