Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What to do when feeling bad but no one around to comfort?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this may sound silly but, i wanted to buy a bird cage in ebay but missed the deadline, cuz i went out and got distracted. i feel bad cuz i feel like i couldve done better. i know im just beating myself down but perhaps its how i am.

is anyone else like this?

i try not to beat myself down but sometimes it just comes automatic. is there anything i can do to feel better?

cheers.

Comments

• Options
    erm..buy a different bird cage?
  • Options
    tbh honest when I feel shit, I can't stand people trying to comfort me, rather be on my own. I fix up mucxh quicker.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    erm..buy a different bird cage?
    yeah. i have found another one but itll cost more. plus ive been waiting for a week for the first one. so the wait probably made it worse.
    VinylVicky wrote:
    tbh honest when I feel shit, I can't stand people trying to comfort me, rather be on my own. I fix up mucxh quicker.
    i see your point however tbh i dont have no friends so there is never anyone around. so i guess i dont have the luxury of not standing other people trying to comfort me.

cheers.
  • Options

i see your point however tbh i dont have no friends so there is never anyone around. so i guess i dont have the luxury of not standing other people trying to comfort me.

cheers.

I feel ya on that one. I don't have any helpful advice, I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Sometimes I read.
  • Options
    listen to uplifting music!
  • Options
    wouldn't worry, you can always get another one :)

if you wanna feel better, go out or ring up and talk to mates.
  • Options
    My dog always manages to cheer me up if it's not too hyperactive and annoying at the time.
  • Options
    I used to be really hard on myself all the time... The smallest thing would start me off thinking 'you're stupid, you can't do anything, you're useless'... etc etc...

So I made a desition to ban myself from being negative... If I had a negative thought I had to say to myself 'that isn't true' and then think of something positive (even if I didn't really believe it, I had to say it to myself)...

And eventually the negative voice got quieter and it's easier to feel good about myself.

Still have bad days... I let myself feel down if I'm low... But then I stop and do something, like make a plan of how to change something if I feel it's going wrong.

For example, with the birdcage situation... I'm just think, how could I do it differently next time, and make a plan and move on.

I put on loud upbeat music and crazy-dance to make myself laugh if I need cheering up and no one is around too... that sometimes works. :razz:
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote:
    I put on loud upbeat music and crazy-dance to make myself laugh if I need cheering up and no one is around too... that sometimes works. :razz:

I did that recently! i was feeling really crap with my social anxiety thing and was staying in on my own while my boyfriend went out. felt really lonely, so i whacked on the ramones (very loudly) and danced outrageously with tissues! It was ace fun they were like pom poms. Did all sorts of crazy stuff with them. I felt exhilirated because exercise is proven to lift mood, and it was also hillarious.

Just move on from the bird cage thing, it could of been crap or something anyway. Nobody is perfect and everyone gets distracted from the things they mean to do!
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    I did that recently! i was feeling really crap with my social anxiety thing and was staying in on my own while my boyfriend went out. felt really lonely, so i whacked on the ramones (very loudly) and danced outrageously with tissues! It was ace fun they were like pom poms. Did all sorts of crazy stuff with them. I felt exhilirated because exercise is proven to lift mood, and it was also hillarious.

It really does help doesn't it!!! So good if you can make yourself laugh. Although not so good if someone walks in on you dancing like a loon and laughing manically... haha :D
  • Options
    youre all so right. no sense crying over spilled milk aint it. unless youre a very thirsty cry baby. anyway i just has to do better next time. :yes:

cheers!