Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hogmany/new years eve

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    PussyKatty wrote:
    What's at the NEC?

752 burger vans :D
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    What's at the NEC?
    Slammin Vinyl
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    Slammin Vinyl

Yup, a fuck off huge Dance Music Event.
    All the biggest names in Drum and Bass, Hardcore e.t.c. I'd kill to be able to get up there!
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    All the biggest names in Drum and Bass, Hardcore e.t.c. I'd kill to be able to get up there!

In the NEC? I can't picture it being a great venue, and it's a bit of a mission to get to! Especially seeing as there's no central trains on NYE or NYD this year.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    It's too big! Too many people and you queue for about 3 hours!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:

But I'd still love to be there,
    Andy C is on at midnight, bet that's gonne be fucking amazing. Shabba is MC'ing, Kevin Energy and Sharkey going for the Hardcore, Scott Brown...
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    2manyDJs.

FGHFJDDKSLHFJKLSAHFUIEQWRUIOWE;WEJFDJASFKDLS

Lucky bint. :razz:
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    But I'd still love to be there,
    Andy C is on at midnight, bet that's gonne be fucking amazing. Shabba is MC'ing, Kevin Energy and Sharkey going for the Hardcore, Scott Brown...
    I think I'm just fed up of clubs at NY. This will be the first time in 6 years that I won't be in a big club.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I think I'm just fed up of clubs at NY. This will be the first time in 6 years that I won't be in a big club.

Whereas I've never been clubbing on NYE yet, I was only 18 in february
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Whereas I've never been clubbing on NYE yet, I was only 18 in february
    There we go then, your cynical side with rear one day :D
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    then on new years day we're going to the closing party at boddingtons brewery (warehouse project) to see laurent garnier and 2manyDJs.

That will rock!

I've seen Laurent Garnier a few times at The End in London and I had to scrape myself off the ceiling. Wicked.

Always been a fan of 2manyDJs as well - cracking live!!

New Years Day parties have started becoming the thing nowadays - starting at 6am, usually. I just thought I'd push through and do the lot in one go ;) Been loading up on 5-htp in prep :D

G.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:

I'm in 2 minds about that now days...
    Sometimes I think the bigger the better, I went to Tranz-Mission at the Ally Pally at the start of this year which was 10000 people... it was a wicked night.
    But at the same time I love places like Fabric now... really small rooms, feels alot more personal, plus the sound system in there is quallity.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    I'm in 2 minds about that now days...
    Sometimes I think the bigger the better, I went to Tranz-Mission at the Ally Pally at the start of this year which was 10000 people... it was a wicked night.
    But at the same time I love places like Fabric now... really small rooms, feels alot more personal, plus the sound system in there is quallity.

Yeah I was at Transmission, FUCKING awesome! It was my first real rave aswell.
    But yeah I know what you mean about Fabric, very nice club.
    Might go to Breaking Science NYE actually, Friction and Eksman doing a set at midnight :thumb:
  • Options
    I went to the Edingburgh Fringe for the first time this year, it was a brilliant day out, shame you missed it.

Anyway back to new year's, i'm taking my fella off to Blackpool to celebrate.
  • Options
    For me, I prefer clubs that are generally between 600 and 1000 people. Big enough to meet loads of new people, small enough to not lose your mates every 10 minutes. I like the more 'intimate' venues.

The Egg, The Cross, The Key, The End - they're all somewhere around or close to these figures. Perfect.

:hyper:

The huge places just don't do it for me any more - far too impersonal.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote:
    For me, I prefer clubs that are generally between 600 and 1000 people. Big enough to meet loads of new people, small enough to not lose your mates every 10 minutes. I like the more 'intimate' venues.

The Egg, The Cross, The Key, The End - they're all somewhere around or close to these figures. Perfect.

:hyper:

The huge places just don't do it for me any more - far too impersonal.
    yeh i much prefer smaller dingier clubs. you go to the cross then. theres a DJ who plays there quite often that im mates with.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    then on new years day we're going to the closing party at boddingtons brewery (warehouse project) to see laurent garnier and 2manyDJs.

ooh i cant decide whether to go to this or whether to go somewhere in leeds on NYE, then to veryveryverywrongindeed then get on the special coach to Sankeys and then back to leeds after that to DC10... :chin:
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote:
    ooh i cant decide whether to go to this or whether to go somewhere in leeds on NYE, then to veryveryverywrongindeed then get on the special coach to Sankeys and then back to leeds after that to DC10... :chin:
    do you go to sankeys alot? im always there!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    do you go to sankeys alot? im always there!

yes! well when im in manchester i do- love it! at uni in leeds tho so dont make the trip that often. last went to bitch on the 10th, was a little empty, but even so :hyper:
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Yeah I was at Transmission, FUCKING awesome! It was my first real rave aswell.
    But yeah I know what you mean about Fabric, very nice club.
    Might go to Breaking Science NYE actually, Friction and Eksman doing a set at midnight :thumb:

Thats another one I was looking at... I think Friction is wicked...

See the thing with my mates is that our music tastes are so different between us that if we all want to be together new year we have to go somewhere pretty neutral...
    Oh well, you going to the next Tranz-Mission Pill'ed?
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Thats another one I was looking at... I think Friction is wicked...

See the thing with my mates is that our music tastes are so different between us that if we all want to be together new year we have to go somewhere pretty neutral...
    Oh well, you going to the next Tranz-Mission Pill'ed?

Yeah I know what you mean, I've got some friends that are into drum and bass, hardcore, trance e.t.c and some friends that are into rock music and metal, I like both so I go to different events with different friends but yeah on new years eve it get's a pain in the ass cos two lots of friends want to do two different things.
    I sure am :D , you?
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Yeah I know what you mean, I've got some friends that are into drum and bass, hardcore, trance e.t.c and some friends that are into rock music and metal, I like both so I go to different events with different friends but yeah on new years eve it get's a pain in the ass cos two lots of friends want to do two different things.
    I sure am :D , you?

yes mate, looking forward too it.
    I think they should bring the DnB room out from that middle bit and put it where either the trance or the hardcore room was...
    That room didnt do the funktion 1 sound system justis, plus it was like an oven!!
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    yes mate, looking forward too it.
    I think they should bring the DnB room out from that middle bit and put it where either the trance or the hardcore room was...
    That room didnt do the funktion 1 sound system justis, plus it was like an oven!!

Tell me about it mate, swap it with the Trance room blatantly, no one gives a fuck about Trance lol. DnB and Hardcore all the way!!
    Nah, trance is alright
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    yeh i much prefer smaller dingier clubs. you go to the cross then. theres a DJ who plays there quite often that im mates with.

Really?

I tend to find London has so many I spanking nights to go to that GEEK and PLAYTIME are two of the few as genuinely treat as regulars. No disrespect to anything else, but time is certainly finite!!!

So, the Cross? When do you head down there?! Always feels a little off to think we may actually know bodies there already, outsite the friends we know...

G.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote:
    Really?

So, the Cross? When do you head down there?! Always feels a little off to think we may actually know bodies there already, outsite the friends we know...

G.
    i'll pm u
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote:

Do you got to VVVWI often? I've only been once so far... after Crasher Classics at the end of November. I'm surprised I was still fucking alive at the end of the Sunday, haha. Went back to a mate of a mate's house and carried on getting wrecked... had to get the train back to Manchester on the Monday morning to work. Nice!

As for NYE - I didn't have anything planned as I wanted to celebrate with my best mate and she was meant to be working... as of today she got it off work :D so we managed to get tickets for the Las Vegas night at Pure in Manchester - not our usual style but still, the night is what you make it!
  • Options
    Finsh work at 5 tomorrow, then it's a 5 hour trek back up north to my village, where I shall be having the qucikest of drinks with my folks before going to the local pub for the bells :D