Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bikini trimmers: worth it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
l

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes they are fucking awesome. You NEED one. Takes a quarter of the time and looks much better. Also you can get the bits you can't reach easily with no fear of cutting yourself! Just set to the length you want and off you go. Mine even came with 2 stencils
    any suggestions for which one. I've seen one for £20 in argos.
    That one on argos looks good.

I've got this one, but I wish it was pink
    http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1070369&classificationid=1027720&slmRefer=000
    What's about a simple razor? Like the one you use for your legs. As far as I know, girls I know do it like that.
    I get the bic out and shave it like that.

Or use your dads beard trimmer, but I wouldn't do that unless you ever want to live there again. lol :D j/k
    do they give a fairly close shave?
    You can choose 1-10 on the trimmer, number 1 is about 3-4 mm long. If you want closer then you can take off the guard and then it shaves right down to the skin, although not as close as a normal razor. But you can do all over without fear because it won't cut you
    kangoo wrote:
    You can choose 1-10 on the trimmer, number 1 is about 3-4 mm long. If you want closer then you can take off the guard and then it shaves right down to the skin, although not as close as a normal razor. But you can do all over without fear because it won't cut you

:no: i got cut by a bikini trimmer. And it didnt even give me a close shave, made it the legnth of week old stubble. Never used one since.

A ladyshave does a much better job of a closer shave but its still possible to cut yourself. Ive cut myself less with a mach3.
    i can't imagine it would look very nice :no:
    You can nick yourself but its pretty hard. I've had 3 ladyshavers and one trimmer (which is basically a ladyshaver with a guard so you can choose the length) and I've never done anything except a tiny nick of the skin when I've been in a hurry. A trimmer isn't for a close shave its to trim (lol duh) if you don't fancy the all over shaven haven and it can't possibly cut you with the guard on. If you want a closer shave you can take off the guard which will take it off up to the skin but won't give you razor-smoothness. Again its pretty hard to cut yourself as its not sharp, although it can pull on the hairs or nick the skin if you're being rough
    lipsy wrote:
    i can't imagine it would look very nice :no:

Eh what wouldnt?
    I got an epilator for xmas - any idea how painful it is on your bikini area????:chin:
    I got an epilator for xmas - any idea how painful it is on your bikini area????:chin:

I use mine on the bikini area, and mine doesnt have any pain reduction things on it, its on of the basic ones from when they first came out.

Other people would cry just at the thought though, i do have high pain tolerence.
    Well, I pluck my top lip, so I'm thinking it can't be any more painful than that :chin: I'll have a go methinks.
    Someone clarify this for me, do epilators effectively just rip out the hairs bit by bit?
    Yeh - they're just like waxing. They grip the hair as close to the skin as possible and pull it out, the root included.
    :eek2: OW! I'll stick to shaving...Bikini trimmer sounds like a good idea.
    AmsyBamsy wrote:
    :eek2: OW! I'll stick to shaving...Bikini trimmer sounds like a good idea.

Its only painful the first few times. Its so effective at making hairs grow back slower that its worth it. And it doesnt take off layers of skin like waxing does.
    any kind of shaving/trimming device gives me a rash. Nair all the way!
    I tried an electric trimmer once. It was quite a nice one... couldn't get anything better than an itchy 5o'clock shadow though. But everybody is different.

I say find a store with a good return policy and just buy one and try it out :)
    l
    Hmm I'm thinking of investing in an epilator. I try to use cream down there, but I'm so impatient I never leave it on long enough to work. I also find it REALLY hard to let it grow long enough to wax, it drives me mad. The things we do for good looks eh
    PussyKatty wrote:
    I bought the babyliss one, was quite pleased with it, but errrr I can't seem to trim any of the more tricky bits. I used it without any of the guides on.

Take it back, that's gross!

They don't resell it, they return it to the manufacture... what kind of place do you go to :p
    bikini trimmers are rubbish.

go for the full wax :thumb:

I used one on my underarms once and it was bad enough that they bled. Didn't end up trying bikini area after that!