Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Housework cuts the risk of breast cancer

:lol:

It means that all the thousands of years of men telling women to do more housework, we were actually acting with your best interests in mind :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6214655.stm
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :lol:
    Protecting the breasts by making the woman do the housework!! mmmm!
    :yeees:
    Surely it is just the exercise that helps.
    Surely it is just the exercise that helps.

:yes: But men will belive anything if it means they don't have to do the housework!

Although I did hear something about housework being a certain type of exercise which was good (anerobic/aerobic?) but I may be totally making that up! But you could definatly do that at the gym! But then you could kill two birds with one stone and get the housework done too...hmmm
    they're basically saying that moderate, regular exercise is more beneficial than less frequent, intense exercise because it keeps your weight down more.. which is linked to lower rates of breast cancer.
    Although men can get breast cancer too, so they had better join in the housework to be safe!
    there are too many variables to make such a simple statement.
    'being fat increases the risk of breast cancer' - well documented, but too simple in and out of itself.