Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Friend and I like the same girl and he wants to fight me for her

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
me and my friend like the same girl. they've gone out twice and she likes me now, and doesn't like him. in fact i was about to ask her out when my friend did first. he got shut down majorly. then today on myspace the kid was looking for people who hate me in order to stage a time a place to jump me. i was like "what the hell?" and he said if I ask out zoe (thats the girl) then he was going to kick my ass.

nowi'm 90% sure i could take him, no problem. but I REALLY don't want to fight him. hes always been jealous of other guys and now i'm the one hes jealous of.

so what should I do? should I tyr ot ignore him? should I try to meet him dead on and fuck him up? advice please!

Comments

• Options
    Hes not much of a friend if he wants to kick ur ass over a dumb broad.

I would leave them both well alone. They will only cause you trouble.
  • Options
    ignore him, do not fight him. Stick with her if you like her, if she causes trouble, ditch her.
  • Options
    just do it your way. If she doesn't like him, there is no need to not ask her out, because she wouldn't go out with him eitherwise.

He is just jealous of your success, a sore loser. Let him bring it on, but don't aggreviate him. If he plans to ambush you with a lot of guys you might be in trouble tho.
  • Options
    Tell him to go fuck himself. Most guys that come out with this sort of shit have a mouth far bigger than their balls, so the chances of him actually carrying out any of his threats are pretty slim. And if he did, it would just make him look even more pathetic to the girl he likes. You win either way. Just go out with her.
  • Options
    What a poor loser this guy is... If you like the girl, go ahead and ask her out. As for the guy, I'd say ignore him completely - I mean, do you seriously think he will carry out the plan of ambushing you with other blokes to kick your ass? To me it just sounds like an empty petty adolescent threat tbh.

Now, if you think he will actually carry it out then you should give it a though or two, as to wether you like the girl enough to risk it or not. But honestly, I would be so angry about having someone try to dictaminate what I can and cannot do, who I can and cannot date, that I'd just go ahead with my original wishes. If you cave this time who is to say that he won't do it again in the future with another girl?
  • Options
    He does seem a bit of a loser but at the same time, out of respect, I wouldn't go out with a girl in the first place if she had just been with my friend. I just think it's out of bounds.
  • Options
    He does seem a bit of a loser but at the same time, out of respect, I wouldn't go out with a girl in the first place if she had just been with my friend. I just think it's out of bounds.

well, they've only been out twice. Not that you speak of relationship there, in the first place.

Moreover did this guy disqualify himself as a friend. I agree with IWS here.
    Go for it. He's pathetic and will even proof it, if he really attacks you because of her.
  • Options
    Not technically the pc answer but if you reckon you can take this guy i say you just go out and beat the fuck out of him. Let him know that if he ever tries the threaten you again that he'll get ten times worse.
    But then again i just hate little pricks that think they're hard and think every single one of them need bringing down a few million pegs.
    Just go for it with the girl, you know she likes you and doesnt like him. no problem.
  • Options
    It's debatable on whether I'd go on the date seeing as he's a friend. But if circumstances dictated I was going to go for it then if it was me I'd personally say "look I don't want to fight you can we sort this out and let's be friends. But if you come and lay one finger on me, don't think I won't knock your head off"
  • Options
    IF a supposed friend is going around saying that he's going to twat you then I'd seriously be considering if he is actually a friend. I'd say that your "friend" is a selfish cunt who can safely be ignored.

I'm not surprised that the girl blew the jumped up loser out of the water, mind.

Personally, I'd ask her out and see how it goes, and if he does try any funny business, well, its his life he's destroying.