Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

what broadband

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My dad don't really want to pay 30 quid p/m any more so we be looking for something another provider. At the moment I have 2MB ADSL with 40GB bandwidth p/m, if your going for a cheap package then you get shitty caps at like 2GB, I'd prefer at least 10GB.

what can you recommened for (I guess) 20 quid or less?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well if you want you could change over to Telewest / Blueyonder you can get all 3 for £30 and the internet is about £15 for 2 MB i think, but they are always worth looking at
    Cannot get Telewest / Blueyonder round here.

I already hav Sky+ so maybe Sky BB would be good, not sure what their like though http://broadband.sky.com/showmeskybroadband.htm
    Max Up to 16Mb Unlimited* FREE £10

looks good!
    Depends what their service is like, ust read a few reviews and thy all say to avoid, I will look for more reviews.
    I'm with NTL, and would gladly recommend them. 10Gb, no transfer limits, and £17.49 per month. Woo. :D
    I cannot get cable in this area, shame coz I would prefer it.
    what about TalkTalk?
    CoolMe wrote:
    what about TalkTalk?

Are you serious? Talktalk is shocking, absoloutely shocking, Sky is crap at best too. Out of all the "free" broadband providers, orange has to be the best, but only because they bought wanadoo. (Also "Free" broadband customers have to pay premium rates for support)

Personally I use ukonline, I've setup dozens of people with ukonline too, and they've all been setup flawlessly. I'm on the 8meg service at the moment and haven't paid them a penny in months cause of their referral service :-)