Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Working in the airport

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't think i've ever posted here but Hello to this sub forum!

I was watching some of those Airport programs and that, the problems they have during the day ect ect.

And it honestly looks like a good job, Now into the main part im into IT and the whole airport is based using computers and they had to call the IT guy out because of some big problem.

I'm wondering what's it like to work in the airport?
That's if anyone here does...

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Plenty of hidden areas in Airports. Would be a good job but probably stressful like everything else in airports!
  • Options
    my sister used to be an immigration officer until she had a baby and err..downgraded! not sure what she does now but she works part time in some office doing something or other. she was on about £26k when she was an immigration officer.

i assume it's like any job really, it depends what you do and which airport you work in. you can't generalise and say working in every airport will be the same.
  • Options
    I used to cover airports when I was a field engineer - rarely had to go out to them. The various firms within the airport tend to have their own SLA with individual companies - the banks, car rentals and travel agents all used different people.

Be a field engineer. Go around in a van. It's ace - you can swindle your miles, go home early, deliberately get stuck in traffic, and go to loads of different places :).