Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ipod question :)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
okay so as my creative zen died, i gave in and opted for an ipod (it's so pretty! i couldn't help it..). fairly easy downloading the itunes etc but i've just bought a few songs and then when i go to my ipod they're not on there. when i look on my computer under my ipod, it says there was a problem putting them on my ipod as my computer is not authorised to play them or something..? :(

you must all think i'm a right techo phobe! :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    okay so as my creative zen died, i gave in and opted for an ipod (it's so pretty! i couldn't help it..).

YES! 2 - 0 To the Ipod!

As for your problem, have you emailed Itunes about it?

Not really an expert in errors, do the songs play on your PC?
    aha i think i have it fixed. i went to try to play one of the songs and it came up with a thing where i had to put my password in to authorise it or something. :)

oh and i had some mp3 files on my computer already so i sent them to my ipod and they appeared when i click on my ipod under 'my computer' on my pc but they don't appear in my itunes thing or on my ipod. :grump:
    Erm okay, when you plug your Ipod into your computer It will startup Itunes and sometimes make My computer show up as a removeable Disk, dont worry if you cant find your music there, its hidden in code and god knows what!

But the main thing is, that if its in Itunes and On your ipod its working.

but you say its not on your Ipod?
    yeh its not on my ipod or listed under my music in itunes... :chin:
    yeh its not on my ipod or listed under my music in itunes... :chin:

Then you aint put it in funny enough...

Click Music at the top of itunes on the left, And is that area blank?

If there is lots of writing, then your music is there BUT if there is a ! next to them that means you have moved the files and Itunes can't find them
    i right click on the file and go to send to lucys ipod and it does the whole sending thingy and it appears in lucys ipod in my computer but not in itunes or on my ipod. and as i already said no it doesn't appear in my itunes. :)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Doesn't the ipod only accept songs that have been bought from apple? I remember there was a lawsuit against that, but I don't remember the outcome. And even if they lost, maybe your machine was released before then?
    I can put all sorts of music on my ipod so that wouldnt be the problem.

Is the music copy right protection or something this is really confusing!
    Doesn't the ipod only accept songs that have been bought from apple? I remember there was a lawsuit against that, but I don't remember the outcome. And even if they lost, maybe your machine was released before then?

:confused:

my cds don't come from apple. :\
    :confused:

my cds don't come from apple. :\

haha, Well what did you use to Rip your music? Itunes or Media player?

Don't think so.

I use Musicmatch to rip CDs and Winamp to stick them on my iPod. At no point do I ever come accross that piece of shit iTunes and I've never had a problem.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Don't think so.

I use Musicmatch to rip CDs and Winamp to stick them on my iPod. At no point do I ever come accross that piece of shit iTunes and I've never had a problem.
    Then apple lost that case, but still, Lucifer's machine could have been made before then. I'm not sure if a firmware update would fix this.
    CoolMe wrote:
    haha, Well what did you use to Rip your music? Itunes or Media player?

i would've used windows media player to rip the ones i already have on my pc.

thing is i also have some songs i bought off itunes ages ago and it doesn't send them to the right place either! and they don't appear in my 'purchased songs' in my itunes.
    What version of itunes are you using?
    err..i just downloaded the latest one that was on the website. 7. something i think...
    So you wernt using version 7 when you were trying to config your ipod?
    pardon? i just said i downloaded the latest one which i think was version 7. something. :)
    Okay nvmd that, Have you tryed "restoring" your ipod back to factory settings using Itunes 7?
    sounds like right hasell, well I guess you should have bought a Zen :P
    CoolMe wrote:
    Okay nvmd that, Have you tryed "restoring" your ipod back to factory settings using Itunes 7?

why would it matter? i downloaded the latest one..
    Nash wrote:
    sounds like right hasell, well I guess you should have bought a Zen :P

i had one of them last time and it died. also the only other one zen really have out is the creative zen vision m and i don't like that one.
    not authorised to play them or something..? :(

Go to where you downloaded the files from and see if they have an FAQ or any HELP sections. Almost sounds like windows DRM where you have a serial to let you play tunes.

Why are you buying mooosic?
    if you have music on your computer but it isn't in your itunes you need to go to your itunes, go to 'file' and 'add file to library' then add your music from there. sorry if thats not what you wanted to know, i just kinda scanned through the reply posts :)
    I just drag and drop my songs to iTunes. Then update. Tried that?
    Sugar wrote:
    if you have music on your computer but it isn't in your itunes you need to go to your itunes, go to 'file' and 'add file to library' then add your music from there. sorry if thats not what you wanted to know, i just kinda scanned through the reply posts :)

I did this when I had my iPod. If they're not the right format they get converted automatically.
    Make a new playlist and put all the music you want on your ipod in there. then click on you ipod under devices and the music tab at the top. Click sync music and then selected playlists and the one you want to put on your ipod. click apply and then right click on your ipod and click sync and it should work. Sorry if thats not what you mean i dont really understand what bits not working...
    I've got a different Ipod question. Is there a way to listen to it whilst it is on charge (using a USB cable)?
    If it's plugged into the mains then yes (just hold down Play), if it's plugged into the computer then no (but you can open iTunes on your computer and play stuff that way).
    If it's plugged into the mains then yes (just hold down Play), if it's plugged into the computer then no (but you can open iTunes on your computer and play stuff that way).

I'm using a computer but it's not mine so it doesn't have my music on it. But I'm going to get a mains charger soon anyway, so then I'll be able to listen whilst charging.