Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Guys - is what you say when you're drunk the truth??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just wondering if the men on here say things that arent true when they are drunk? do you just say random crap, or just have more confidence to say the things you genuinley think/feel??
so....truth or lies?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think they lie whether they're drunk or not. Don't trust the shit that comes out of other people's mouths, they're all liers!
    just wondering if the men on here say things that arent true when they are drunk? do you just say random crap, or just have more confidence to say the things you genuinley think/feel??
    so....truth or lies?

Usually the truth. I don't generally say anything untruthful, even when sober.

I also won't lie if somebody asks my opinion, just to make them feel better. If they want to know what I think, I tell them.
    katralla wrote:
    I think they lie whether they're drunk or not. Don't trust the shit that comes out of other people's mouths, they're all liers!

:lol:

Good to know you have such a high opinion on the whole of society ;)
    katralla....thats kind of the impression ive got recently.....but i want to believe a guy is just more confident in saying things wen he's drunk and NOT lying to me.
    Fucking hell, just slag off all the men in the world with one statement why don't you...

Depends. I personally thing I'm a superb liar be it sober or drunk.
    Not really. I have no reason to lie. Plus it's easier to see through people's bullshit when they're drunk so you're more likely to be called on it.

I think blokes are more likely to lie if they're looking for a one-night-stand. With potential girlfriend material it's always gonna come back and bite you in the arse. I went on a holiday with all my female friends once, and it was amazing the number of "marines" we were approached by. In fact they're often surprised when they tell me something that some bloke has told them, and I just start laughing and say, "and you believed that?" I think people will often believe something that comes out of the mouth of someone they fancy, even if they know that the chances of it being true are pretty slim.

But yeah, if they're trying to pull you, then I'd say that you might get a few porkies by certain blokes. But if they're after actually getting to know you better, then the vast majority of blokes will only go as far as exaggerating a few things.
    oh, no worries, and it wasn't just blokes, I mean ALL humans- they're vile. Yup, I'm no humanist...
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Why don't you look it up in the "Operations manual of men" instead of asking here?
    Then again, you're probably not going to find such a manual... And do you know why? Because every person is different! "Men" aren't a different species, so they'd be as likely as yourself or anyone else (man or woman) to lie or tell the truth.

To clarify: The above was not in an angry tone. Just a bit of "sweet sarcasm". :)
    thanx im with stupid.....that makes sense. and ingrid cold - good point. i know everyones different, i guess i was kind of hoping to have a general opinion of men.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    thanx im with stupid.....that makes sense. and ingrid cold - good point. i know everyones different, i guess i was kind of hoping to have a general opinion of men.
    Well, to be honest, I doubt there is one. And I'm Indrid, not Ingrid. ;) That's not my real name either.
    thanx, and sorry for the typo indrid!
    Usually you are more confident and in a "what the heck, I'll regret nothing"-mood when drunk. Most of the time it's true, but I heard recent rumours from the Internet, that some guys lie on purpose to trick themselves into a girls panties.

So pay heed.
    mixture of both

sometimes you can confess your feelings or say stuf fu wann say when u had a few and other times, I gues sif they say something thats negative, they may not mean it u know?
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Most of the time it can be a truth syrum to me. I sort of don't give a shit about the consequences of what i say so i'll just end up saying it. Although not everyone is like that but i know alot of people are.
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Most of the time it can be a truth syrum to me. I sort of don't give a shit about the consequences of what i say so i'll just end up saying it. Although not everyone is like that but i know alot of people are.
    Well they say in vino veritas but it totally depends on what you're talking about and with whom.

Lots of people do a lot of bullshitting when they're drunk but they can also dish out some harsh truths that they would have kept to theirself had they been sober. Totally depends on the individual, the situation and the subject.
    I just talk shite. Nothing about how I feel about a person or life or anything, just unadulterated shite!

Now E's in their heydey, that's when everything came out.
    hmmm briggi, the situation is a guy complimenting me loads wen we met for the first time, but although we're going on a date,he hasnt said that kind of thing since.....but i think he's shy.
    When I'm sober I don't tell lies but I will be more subtle and try not to hurt people's feelings, I still tell people my opinion, I don't sugarcoat things when I'm asked to be honest.

When I'm drunk and feeling nopain, my feelings come out and I hold nothing back.
    hmmm briggi, the situation is a guy complimenting me loads wen we met for the first time, but although we're going on a date,he hasnt said that kind of thing since.....but i think he's shy.

In that case there's no reason to assume he wasn't telling the truth. I suppose you might be inclined to think that if he was drunk and lavishing compliments on you that he was spinning you a big, fat one in order to get into your knickers. But really you should really give him the benefit of the doubt here, it's usually just that it's a lot easier to tell someone you find them attractive etc when you've got a few down the hatch.

He's probably just shy when sober and in the company of someone he doesn't know well (and seemingly is very attracted to!), fairly normal I'd say. Try not to spend too much time analysing these things, not at this early stage anyway - go on your date, enjoy yourself and take it all as it comes. Have a fab time :)
    Even if he was trying to get into your knickers, he was probably being genuinely complimentary whilst he was saying it.
    thanx briggi - i guess its just bcos wen i left he txt me saying i was stunning+he really wanted to meet, but since then none of his txts have been complimentary/flirty, just getting 2 know each other.
    I do like him though, not just for sex, so im going to just try to have fun on the date+hope he wants to see me again.
    i analyse too much though+it depresses me :(
    I was gonna say something along the lines of what Kermit said...there is a chance he was just complimenting you to try to get laid, but that might not be the case at all.
    As for drunken guys, being a guy, I can tell you that you shouldn't believe a word a guy says when he is wasted for a number of reasons.
    1) the words might not come out coherently and the mumbo jumbo he just said might mean something to him but to you it will be exactly mumbo jumbo and you might misunderstand
    2) they say a drunk will say what a sober can't, but that's not true, what will come out is a version of the truth..
    3) yes he might be shy, but you can see if he is or not...people can be shy when they are drunk too
    4) there is the over analysing hole a lot of women (in your case) fall into

and the magic 5) He might not remember complimenting you, therefore for him not complimenting you is normal behaviour
    migpilot wrote:
    4) there is the over analysing hole a lot of women (in your case) fall into
    Hmmm, Freudish lapsus much? :chin: ;)
    To the op, from what you tell us it seems to me he was being genuine in the compliments - it's much easier to say that kind of thing to people you might not see again rather than someone you have started to see fairly regularly... So I think you're right, he's probably shy about saying it again since you have started officially 'dating'.
    i think men do it just as much as women really. :yes:

and lost+confused, it sounds like he's just shy.
    Well i'd say i dont lie at all when im drunk ... just makes me waaaay too confident which leads me to do and say silly things ... but true silly things :p
    Its all Honest most likely

I think the fact of if what is being said or not depends on the mood of the person before they get drunk. I know if i get drunk then i am 64 times more likely to say somthing that i am thinking that i would not say sober. It could be good or it could be bad but its whats being thought. (The booze seems to strip away the idea of 'thinking before you talk'). I just always check the company i keep before i think there is any chance of me getting drunk, that is not that often.
    im a crap liar when sober. beer makes me an even worse liar.

generally speaking, beer is truth serum for me. well, not so much 'truth', cos i usually say what i mean anyway.
    but it makes me say things i had thought about recently. i wake up some mornings and think "why did i say that last night!? should have kept that to myself....". most of the time though, everyone else is equally drunk and won't remember/care whats been said.

i would say a few pints give me the bottle to say things i would normally not say. when im really battered though, i chat absolute codshit.