Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's everyone wearing for New Year?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Partly because I'm nosy and partly because I need ideas myself, what's everyone wearing for their new year's eve shinanigans?

I might brave the sales in London at the weekend and try find myself a new dress to wear. However I'm gonna be sweating my tits off at a techno event so I don't really know why I'm bothering! But its new year's eve and I feel like making the effort. Might have to forget the high heels though...

Sooo what you wearing people? :naughty:

Comments

• Options
    Denim jeans with a ripped effect and long sleeved black top with some ripples on it. Obviously socks and shoes too.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Obviously socks and shoes too.

And I would hope some form of underwear. Although I hear commando is the way to go according to Richard on the Richard & Judy show :thumb:
  • Options
    Pink Soda wrote:
    And I would hope some form of underwear. Although I hear commando is the way to go according to Richard on the Richard & Judy show :thumb:

Lol gives me an idea. Go nay-kid!
  • Options
    Pj's- staying in :)
  • Options
    Black shift dress, black footless tights and black peeptoe platform shoes.
  • Options
    black heel-less boots and tights, black and white 'checkered' mini-skirt thing, and some tshirt to go with it. havent decided on that! plus probably a nice necklace i got on monday :)

thinking maybe i may look a little too 'gothic' but what the hell :)
  • Options
    A wide baggy pant, and a wide zip-up hoodie. It's gonna go through half the night, I need to be cozy. Warm socks, maybe already my winter boots, my scarf my beanie, my winterjacket and my lucky rocketship unterpants.

Nothing ever goes wrong with those....
  • Options
    Prob something along the lines of what I'm wearing now - jeans and a jumper. Going around a mates for NYE and really do not want to go (I know about 5 people going, and don't particularly like house "parties" - especially ones where bunches of strangers discuss Uni's) , but want to be with my boyfriend. Catch 22. Gone with the going with my boyfriend, and just not drinking. I'll fall asleep as soon as midnight's gone.
  • Options
    Hmm, good question. The main contender is a silvery, slightly sparkly minidress I have from Zara. 'Tis 3/4 length sleeves with a high, gathered neck in a kind of Biba-style. Was what I had planned to wear since we decided on throwing a party but I did buy it in September so I'm kind of bored of it already. That said - although this is very naughty as I have vowed to stop spending - it has been my NYE tradition for many years to buy something random on the day... usually something totally unseasonal and summery as I can never resist the new stock. We shall see.

The things I do know are that the hair will be huge and there will be tights and platform shoes involved. Make up is always the same, I have work/sensible make-up (mascara and clear lipgloss) and night make-up which is loads of dark eyeshadow and too much eyeliner. Glasgow kiss-chic as I like to call it. Simple as!
  • Options
    I have no idea.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Pj's- staying in :)
    Same here, with loads of Vodka/JD so I dont get kept up by the three hours of fireworks being set off.
  • Options
    Hair like either than these.
    With a 60s style eye make up look.
  • Options
    Boxer shorts and perhaps a vest depending how cold it is. Im going to be tucked in bed with my ear plugs in. :cool:
  • Options
    I have a long black dress that I'm dying to wear and have no reason to - it's a formal dress bought for a ball that didn't happen. Staying at home anyway (with Boyf and family) so I might just get it out.

Otherwise, PJ's and my dressing gown or jeans and a tshirt probably.
  • Options
    going shopping todaty for my outfit, likely to consist of new high heeled over knee or thigh boots, a mini skirt and sparkly top or a mini dress... new clothes! whoopee...