Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A question of fruit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have run out of fruit in the house, apart from an old banana, so tomorrow I am gonna go and stock up...
What do I buy?
Any suggestions....

I will definitely buy some mandarines, some apples, maybe a nice watermelon if I can find a good one, but what else can i get that you think tastes nice?
Throw it at me... :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i love the following-

kiwis
    pears (i like a nice pair :flirt:, preferably a green william!)
    strawberries
    blueberries
    raspberries
    red grapes
    Soft fruits are shit this time of year i.e. the berries. Artificially forced in greenhouses and have no taste at all. The mandarin/clematine/satsuma route is good (satsumas for me as they're sharper and more tangy) British pears and apples are still good to buy, and rhubarb isn't too bad either, though it does need cooking. Pineapples are in season, like a lot of tropical fruit.
    oh yes pineapple i forgot about that! yummm
    I just buy orange fruit juice. :D
    mmm yeah pineapple :yes: i also am a big fan of peaches and plums :yum: yum!
    Well, I got a 10 pound watermelon, found it in this turkish shop up in Tottenham. Got some apples and mandarines, got a couple of pineapples (which I will use to make a fruit salad with later), got some blood oranges and i got a jar of candy fruit.

Forgot to buy a bottle of vodka for the watermelon though....doh
    My all time favourite fruit is watermelon. I do like to eat clementines at this time of year though, the first thing I eat on christmas morning is a clementine or a satsuma... it's tradition from when I always had one in the toe of my stocking :D
    i like braeburn and golden delicious apples (until recently golden delicious ones were the only ones i'd eat!), bananas, clementines and mandarins (though i'm quite fussy about them too!), grapes and strawberries. though they're quite expensive for a students food budget. :(
    HIT wrote:

what the stuff that contains about 3% fruit? :p
    My all time favourite fruit is watermelon. I do like to eat clementines at this time of year though, the first thing I eat on christmas morning is a clementine or a satsuma... it's tradition from when I always had one in the toe of my stocking :D

Freak! :flirt:
    HIT wrote:

:yuck: That stuff really is vile.
    Clementines are lovely and to be boringly sensible, the vit c will come in handy this time of year
    Apples/pears/grapes/soft berries. And I adore watermelon, shame its so blinking expensive.