Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

January sales bargains

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I went sale shopping today :) Bought:
    A pair of high heel knee length leather boots- £40- Bargain! Wanted them for ages!!
    Stuff for gym- a few tops for just £5, usually £20, like Reebok ones and that.
    A few nice tops from Next which were half price too.

I like the sales, and when shopping it's obvious to avoid buying the shit stuff in the sales, but I think it depends where you shop- Worthing is generally shit for shopping, whereas Brighton- you have to drag me out kicking and screaming!!!!
    The most expensive thing I bought yesterday was a pair of boy fit jeans for £12 from Primark :D
    i got some lovely new underwear today
    your-babe wrote:
    I like the sales, and when shopping it's obvious to avoid buying the shit stuff in the sales, but I think it depends where you shop- Worthing is generally shit for shopping, whereas Brighton- you have to drag me out kicking and screaming!!!!

Shopping in Worthing is pretty dire, Brightons fab though. I'm not the best person to shop with anyway, I prefer to do it on my own.
    Shopping in Worthing is pretty dire, Brightons fab though. I only have a new set of underwear from M&S. I would have looked at the clothes but it was like hell in the Shoreham one today. I cant stand sales shopping though, it gets on my nevres. I'm not the best person to shop with anyway, I prefer to do it on my own.
    Shoreham was crazy, tried to get a parking space for about 20 mins, and I don't have any patience lol. I know what you mean about shopping on your own though, I prefer that too, it just means that I can go to the shops that I'm interested in, try on what I want etc, also found that if I'm shopping with mates then I buy shit I really don't need e.g. another handbag, or more cd's etc. Undie sets however are always needed :) I have two drawers- and growing of underwear (it's a bit embarrasing lol)
    lipsy wrote:
    i hate the sales! pile of shitey has-been clothes.
    Got to agree with you there lipsypops! Stuff thats in the sale has normally been on the shop floor or in the stock room for months, i prefer the new stuff :thumb:

ETA: All those on about the next sale - you should go to a next clearance shop, the stuff there is like normal sale prices all the time but it's just last seasons stock. When a clearnace shop has a sale its even cheaper still. (looking about £10 for a suit, £5 for a pair of shoes)
    lea_uk wrote:
    The most expensive thing I bought yesterday was a pair of boy fit jeans for £12 from Primark :D

i think i bought those today! do yours have red stitching around the pockets and inside leg?

Mine do, they're looovely.
    Blah wrote:
    i think i bought those today! do yours have red stitching around the pockets and inside leg?

Mine do, they're looovely.
    No they don't but I did see those ones.
    i went shopping on thursday - and all i came back with was a top from river island - which wasnt even in the sale!!

shopping on the isle of man is sooo crap! only clothes shops worth going to are topshop, miss selfridge and river island, and even then they dont stock a lot!!

.. plus it didnt help that i was having a fat day :grump: everything i tried on just made me feel worse and worse. damn little sisters for insisting i take them in!!!

going in again tomorrow as well tho - going with my dad which is good he can get me some stuff regardless if its in sale or not... that is, if theres anything new in since yesterday.. which is unlikely!!! :impissed:
    icey wrote:
    Got to agree with you there lipsypops! Stuff thats in the sale has normally been on the shop floor or in the stock room for months, i prefer the new stuff :thumb:

ETA: All those on about the next sale - you should go to a next clearance shop, the stuff there is like normal sale prices all the time but it's just last seasons stock. When a clearnace shop has a sale its even cheaper still. (looking about £10 for a suit, £5 for a pair of shoes)

Sales must be much different over there.
    I went into today and couldn't find a decent blue jumper that wasn't stupidly priced. (they all seemed to be at least 25 quid) I did get some tights and that was about it.
    Sofie wrote:
    I went into today and couldn't find a decent blue jumper that wasn't stupidly priced. (they all seemed to be at least 25 quid) I did get some tights and that was about it.
    Isn't that how much a jumper is supposed to cost?
    Isn't that how much a jumper is supposed to cost?

Depends on the make I guess. Saying that, I think both of my Nike Jumpers were under 20 quid each.
    your-babe wrote:
    Shoreham was crazy, tried to get a parking space for about 20 mins, and I don't have any patience lol. I know what you mean about shopping on your own though, I prefer that too, it just means that I can go to the shops that I'm interested in, try on what I want etc, also found that if I'm shopping with mates then I buy shit I really don't need e.g. another handbag, or more cd's etc. Undie sets however are always needed :) I have two drawers- and growing of underwear (it's a bit embarrasing lol)

I need to stop buying underwear as well, I have a stupid amount of the stuff, but the M&S need to stop making soooo much nice stuff. They make a lot of money from me.
    I was unimpressed by the sales this year. I bought a pair of leggings for £2 and thats it. Everything was minging. Ah well

But do you know what annoyed me the most about the sales this year? Was it the long queues? No. The rude women elbowing you out the way to grab the best bargain first? No (well a little bit). The thing that pissed me off the most was the fucking men! Or more accuratly the women that had dragged them there. I could hardly get to the clothes racks in topshop for the bored men traipsing after their partners, arms full with sale bargains. I couldn't move for the fuckers. The poor things didn't know where to stand, everywhere they went they were in the way. They don't want to be there. WE don't want them to be there. Sales time is for women. For the love of god just leave the men at home!

[RANT/]
    Went today - not intentionally like. I went to get a top up from town and the shops pulled me in! New Look I got some browny sort of cords with belt for a tenner and a fleecy warm warm top for 7 quid then went JJB and got some nikey trainers were 40, were 30 i got them for 22.50. well chuffed. Just need to break them in now, I really hate new trainers they are my worst enemy!
    diesel jeans £55 down from £110
    replay belt £20 down from £40
    m&s jumper £7 down from £15
    m&s shirt dress thingy £29 down from £49.50 (i had vouchers given to me - not my usual shop but dead nice!)
    accessorise boutique bracelet £15 down from £30. it's for my friends birthday so not for me unfortunately!
    pepe jeans skirt £5 down from £20.

:thumb:
    kangoo wrote:
    I was unimpressed by the sales this year. I bought a pair of leggings for £2 and thats it. Everything was minging. Ah well

But do you know what annoyed me the most about the sales this year? Was it the long queues? No. The rude women elbowing you out the way to grab the best bargain first? No (well a little bit). The thing that pissed me off the most was the fucking men! Or more accuratly the women that had dragged them there. I could hardly get to the clothes racks in topshop for the bored men traipsing after their partners, arms full with sale bargains. I couldn't move for the fuckers. The poor things didn't know where to stand, everywhere they went they were in the way. They don't want to be there. WE don't want them to be there. Sales time is for women. For the love of god just leave the men at home!

[RANT/]
    brilliant :D im gona nominate that for potw
    kangoo wrote:
    The thing that pissed me off the most was the fucking men! Or more accuratly the women that had dragged them there. For the love of god just leave the men at home!

[RANT/]
    AMEN.

To be honest, I think taking a man shopping with you is a sure fire way of causing hatred and resentment in a relationship :lol:

It's cruelty to men. I certainly wouldn't inflict that on any man of mine. Why can't every other woman do the same!!
    thats what I was thinking. We have the annoying masses of people... but certainly not "skanky" washed up shit. its all good stuff

Yeah, its the same stuff thats sold the rest of the season... maybe they mean similar to the clearance rack? I love the clerance panties and such in places like Carson's and Penny's though, oh good finds. Never bras though, it seems the only sizes they ever have are the 44DD.
    I went shopping for boxer shorts and ended up with a handfull of bargains from Next :D

Two f/z fleece type jackets = £12 each original price £26.99
    Two polo shirts = £7 each original prices £18 & £26 repsectively.

and ironically it was the boxer shorts that ended up costing me a fortune at £22.50 for 6 fucking pairs !
    I've got some money left and a £20 New Look voucher so I'm going to go back to Newcastle tomorrow and spend that.
    I got the most beautiful Orla Kiely coat down from £230 to £35, but that was in her sample sale which I mainly went to for the free food and drink :yum: Also got my sister in law a set of three of her suitcases which are divine but there is sadly no space for them in our flat.

In town I got a very bargainous pair of shoes for me and an armful of shirts and troosers in Zara for the bloke, and from the interweb I have ordered far too much baby cashmere from the Brora website (must always take full advantage of their sale).

I like the sales in theory as I am a bargain fiend; but they usually do disappoint and a I always find a much better haul can be achieved from charity shops at any time of year :thumb:
    I got some cute red glittery shoes from Office for £15 - think they were £45 originally. And a matching bag from Miss Selfridge for a fiver. But to be honest, I fucking hate shopping in the sales and I can probably guarantee that I'll never wear the shoes or bag again - it was just for last night.
    I have purchased:

A shirt from river island £15 down from £35
    Jeans from Republic £10 down from £35
    A fetching black tie with white spots £3 down from £10.

All in Cardiff woop.
    I did quite well for me.
    I got a dress and a skirt from Coast and I cardi from ted baker and a jacket from H & M, all in the sales, so overall i managed to save myself quite a bit of money and the clothes were lovely.
    I went into to next, 4 seconds later i came out of next. Not for a tenner am i risking my life in there.
    To be fair, any of the shops which had huge queues in i just walked straight back out of. I don't do queues. (stroppy i know, but it's a pet peeve).
    And the menfolk were fine in Nottingham, it was the pushchairs that were dangerous. I lost count of the amount of smaller shops i went in where people had huge pushchairs. I have nothing against children, people with them etc. but when the pushchair is as wide as the aisle and on the first day of the sales it's a little annoying. I got rammed in the ankle and run over a fair few times by them.
    i got 3 pairs of boots today

2 from tj hughes reduced to £8! They are suede n slouchy and i adore them :love:

then i got a pair in new look reduced from £30 to £15, same style....made up :hyper:

oh AND a fit pair of purple shoes from asda, been eyeing them up for months but they never had my size, went the other day, there was one pair left, my size and reduced to £6! Couldnt leave em there for that! haha
    I got fuck all really, except for a headache and a blinding fury slow walkers and ambivalent shoppers (the ones who are in the queue in front of you to pay, and keep walking in and out to look at more stuff- that fucks me right off). I ended up paying full price for the stuff I liked, all the sale stuff was crap and the same in every single store.

DID get some River Island jeans for £25- gone down from £45 though
    Thigh high boots for NYE for £45 from £80
    ...that was about it.
    Ooh, where did you get thigh boots for £45 from foxy?

Forgive me thsiters for I have sinned, in the sales I have aquired two pairs of 'footless tights' aka leggings...
    katralla wrote:
    Ooh, where did you get thigh boots for £45 from foxy?

Forgive me thsiters for I have sinned, in the sales I have aquired two pairs of 'footless tights' aka leggings...

:eek2: You're joking??