Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Why didnt it work?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Got some quality weed, and some dust crystals.

Bear in mind ive never taken it before, apart from one small puff out of a hookah which did nothing.

i put some of the dust into a cup of tea, dont really know how to explain how much, probably about 2 small pinches. I waited and it had no effect. (this was on an empty stomach)

Then about 4 hours later i concluded that nothing was happening and i put 2 pinches of weed into a yogourt. Nothing happened again!

Is it possible that it just doesnt have an effect on some people? I honestly felt no different and i wasnt even expecting much to happen. I know that this is weed that can have an effect, because someone else smoked it and it was ace apparantly.

Shall i just try a bigger dose next time? Like gradually increase the amount. I'd hate to eat too much then not be able to stop any unwanted effects.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would smoke a joint to be honest, and make sure you put enough green in.

If you are prone to anxiety or paranoia then I would leave this drug alone.
    It wouldnt be good for me to smoke it. I get ill for days on peoples secondhand smoke, let alone breathing it in first hand.

I get anxiety and paranoia, but so do some other people i know that have taken it for years and enjoy it. Just depends on the person and i guess i'll find out how it effects me when i feel some effects.
    Sounds like if you already get paranoid and haven't had it much before, it's a good idea to leave it alone. It can definitely make things worse, especially via the oral route which some people find to have a more trippy (sometimes scarier) effect than the expected mellow, stoned, giggly feeling.
    Sounds like if you already get paranoid and haven't had it much before, it's a good idea to leave it alone. It can definitely make things worse, especially via the oral route which some people find to have a more trippy (sometimes scarier) effect than the expected mellow, stoned, giggly feeling.

Its obvious ive thought about this and im with people that will look after me and im wanting to know really if it just doesnt have an effect on some people.

If it has an unwanted effect on me then i will stop, and if it goes wrong then i will have learned my own lesson, but to be honest its something im curious about and i want to know what it feels like so im having a bit of an experiment.

The oral route is the only way for me and my athsmatic lungs and ive probably had about 3 joints worth already with no bad effects.

The only problem is that i had no effects at all and wondered if it was normal. I'll keep upping the dose till i feel something
    I don't suggest eating it if you haven't already got used to the buzz or have anxienty or paranoia. Five or six draws from a joint is the best way to go, ashmatic lungs or not. However, if you really are curious, get someone to make some space cakes and eat a small amount, wait an hour and then take some more. Hard to judge when eating I think.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    I don't suggest eating it if you haven't already got used to the buzz or have anxienty or paranoia. Five or six draws from a joint is the best way to go, ashmatic lungs or not. However, if you really are curious, get someone to make some space cakes and eat a small amount, wait an hour and then take some more. Hard to judge when eating I think.

Will space cakes have a better effect than eating just weed or crystals mixed in with something?

I will be making space brownies when i go back up to my other house ouf of the way of my family. I'll be making butter with it to cook with.

Im really not up for smoking it, breathing in one lungfull from the hookah was enough to give me lung problems for days. Otherwise id be well up for it as its so much more simple and the effects are shorter.
    I agree, it can be a lot different, and definitely not something to try around your family! I was very used to smoking it, then one day ate quite a bit and it seriously felt as if there were hundreds of creatures crawling inside my body (must have been small muscle spasms or something but I interpreted it as 'electric spiders'). It was disgusting and lasted a long time.
    Blah wrote:
    Will space cakes have a better effect than eating just weed or crystals mixed in with something?

Depends on how you prepare it.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml
    Yerascrote wrote:

thats a really helpful website, thank you
    afaik weed is harder to digest

so.. use pollen (soapbar works fine too but fuck knows what you're eating) .. spread a bit for a joint (if even!) into a tablespoon and add a spoonful of cooking oil.. heat it up for bout a minute (a lot less if you're using a cooker!) until it has dissolved and turned into a brownish liquid.. scrape it into a yoghurt and eat! ive found it easiest to swallow it in a couple of big mouthfuls, you hardly taste the discusting cooking oil

cooking it in oil is apparently the best way to disgest it.. i have DEFINITELY noticed a difference

you can use butter etc to dissolve it in also.. then you can eat it with lotsa stuff

be careful tho, it hits you like a train! :D
    z- wrote:
    afaik weed is harder to digest

so.. use pollen (soapbar works fine too but fuck knows what you're eating) .. spread a bit for a joint (if even!) into a tablespoon and add a spoonful of cooking oil.. heat it up for bout a minute (a lot less if you're using a cooker!) until it has dissolved and turned into a brownish liquid.. scrape it into a yoghurt and eat! ive found it easiest to swallow it in a couple of big mouthfuls, you hardly taste the discusting cooking oil

cooking it in oil is apparently the best way to disgest it.. i have DEFINITELY noticed a difference

you can use butter etc to dissolve it in also.. then you can eat it with lotsa stuff

be careful tho, it hits you like a train! :D

hmm well ive got grass now and cant get hold of anything else at the moment. So i'll defintly try cooking it up in some butter then strain it off and i'll let the butter set again in the fridge and use it for all kinds of stuff :D

maybe it just didnt work because i didnt have it dissolved in an "oil" then
    yea possibly.. lots of people will argue it makes no difference but i think it most definitely does

google is your friend for specific details on doin it with grass nod
    z- wrote:
    yea possibly.. lots of people will argue it makes no difference but i think it most definitely does

google is your friend for specific details on doin it with grass nod

I remember people saying "oh you have to heat it up to make the cannabinoids active"

This is a wrong statement to make as it is totally false. If you eat it Raw you will have the same effects.

You just have to make sure you eat enough, but not too much. I found the dosage has to be just right to make it a pleasurable experience. And this can be difficult as the strength of weed varies alot!
    Dust crystals? Whassat? PCP?
    Blagsta wrote:

Must be 'Kief' like you get in the 'DAM. Although I have my doubts that anyone is selling that over here...
    Blagsta wrote:

the crystals that come off the leaves. It looks like dust. I had some of that.
    I just read through your original post and it seems very apparent that you didn't put enough weed in, 2 pinches sounds like very little. Start with half a joints worth, up to a joints worth... and see how it goes.
    Nash wrote:
    I just read through your original post and it seems very apparent that you didn't put enough weed in, 2 pinches sounds like very little. Start with half a joints worth, up to a joints worth... and see how it goes.

They were huge pinches though, a joints worth. thats why i was so confused when nothing happened.
    I would put green chunks in, and leave the powder alone. Your joints worth might be different from my joints worth, so I would say half a gram of weed to start off with, and work up to a gram.

As people have said it would be best to have afew drags on a joint, and make sure you hold the smoke in for at least 5 seconds, then you will get a feel as to what weeds about.
    Ive used all the powder up anyway. It was just the residue on a hash making tub.

As i already said, im not inhaling anything.
    It could be the same shite that some div mixed in sand to fool people into thinking they are crystals, the guy who fooled me was never to be seen again.

ETA: there was a thread made by me a while back on it
    It could be the same shite that some div mixed in sand to fool people into thinking they are crystals, the guy who fooled me was never to be seen again.

ETA: there was a thread made by me a while back on it

nah thats not possible. lets just say im very close to the person that grew the stuff.
    your giving them sexual favours?
    your giving them sexual favours?
    nope! id rather not go into detail. involves family. Definatly no dodgy cut stuff involved. all good quality pure stuff.
    nice to know your getting good ganj, sorry to hear you arent enjoying it
    nice to know your getting good ganj, sorry to hear you arent enjoying it

well i might do soon. Got to wait till i go back to my other house then i can do what i like without parents around.

I'll report back with any effects, good or bad!
    Now its been a few years since I bought any weed, but I used to live in a house with a hydroponics set up in the spare room. Since when did THC crystals come as seperate dust? Doesn't sound right to me. :confused:
    Blagsta wrote:
    Now its been a few years since I bought any weed, but I used to live in a house with a hydroponics set up in the spare room. Since when did THC crystals come as seperate dust? Doesn't sound right to me. :confused:

you can get these extractor things. The person i got mine from has a big machine that does it, but you can also get little hand held cylinder contraptions where you put the (properly dried) leaves in the top, theres a fine mesh seperating the cylinder and then you shake it around (takes forever manually) and the crystals fall through the mesh into the bottom compartment.

The dust can then be compressed or mixed with oils/shit to make solid.

eta: actually it might be the buds that are put into the extracting machine, i cant remember!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Blah wrote:
    you can get these extractor things. The person i got mine from has a big machine that does it, but you can also get little hand held cylinder contraptions where you put the (properly dried) leaves in the top, theres a fine mesh seperating the cylinder and then you shake it around (takes forever manually) and the crystals fall through the mesh into the bottom compartment.

The dust can then be compressed or mixed with oils/shit to make solid.

eta: actually it might be the buds that are put into the extracting machine, i cant remember!

Yes some Skunk grinders have a compartment for collecting crystals and yes it's the bud that's generally smoked and not the leaves.

Eating any form of cannabis is a very rough science - it's far too easy to do too much, and the high from eating it is quite different and lasts much longer. Smoking it really is the safest way to begin using because if you end up eating too much without knowing what to expect, you'll could have a horrible and quite frightening experience that'll last hours. Cannabis can have some extremely strong effects.

But you say you suffer from paranoia so IMO you should steer cleer altogether.
    Weekender Offender 
    Blagsta wrote:

thats what i thought, sticky ickyness sounds more like it