Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Psychotic type episode

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'll be bumping everwhere, sorry if I sling an arm into your face :razz:
  • Options
    Box wrote:
    I'll be bumping everwhere, sorry if I sling an arm into your face :razz:
    i hope you chew your ugly face off :razz:
  • Options
    If so many pills are causing such f*cked up reactions now- aren't you guys worried what the after effects might be when you stop taking them altogether? :crazyeyes Maybe I'm a prude but the thought of losing control like that really scares the hell out of me.
  • Options
    A lot of people seem to just go through the same pattern of use, as Addict said. I think the problem is that generally speaking, a lot of young people don't have much respect for the drugs and just get on self-destruct mode. When you're in the experimental phase if you're not careful your use can just spiral out of control, and then your health suffers. Shame so many people have to go crazy before reaching an equilibrium or deciding they can't handle it and quitting altogether.
  • Options
    shouldnt worry too much one of my mates does some ridiculous things when he takes pills all started when we were all in my house on pills and he was in a bit of a messy 'gurn-sleep' suddenly said 'a pig has been mentioned' really loud. Got much worse though:
    *he smoked an invisible fag complete with getting an invisible pack out of his pocket, searching for an invisible lighter and ashing into an invisible ashtray at appropriate points.
    *He spent 25 minutes doing complex economic/mathmatic equations out loud
    *had a conversation on an invisible phone chattin to his mate about going out for a drink.
    *stood up and had a full argument with an invisible person, threatened to punch him etc.
    *Thought he'd spilt an ashtray and started hoovering everything
    *woke up with a bottle of poppers in his hand and took a swig thinking it was a drink (apparently fatal but he didnt seem too bothered by it)

My rule is if the eyes are closed/rolled back and the gurn is on than chattin shits not too big a problem, speacially if u can take videos on ure phone, when u start doin it when ure awake u gotta worry...........
  • Options
    Box wrote:
    Anyone had any bad situations involving drugs? Life threatening turns for the wrost? Forgive for being a morbid cunt...

I was with someone who should have died after taking a pill, the doctors couldnt explain it, she had to have 4 hours of brain surgury.
  • Options
    silverhalo wrote:
    If so many pills are causing such f*cked up reactions now- aren't you guys worried what the after effects might be when you stop taking them altogether? :crazyeyes Maybe I'm a prude but the thought of losing control like that really scares the hell out of me.

Apparently not, I should point out here that not all MDMA users go this far when using the drug.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    I was with someone who should have died after taking a pill, the doctors couldnt explain it, she had to have 4 hours of brain surgury.

did she recover ok?
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    did she recover ok?

The last time I heard anything from her husband she was learning to walk again. Which is why I get pissed off when people tell me pills are safe.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    The last time I heard anything from her husband she was learning to walk again. Which is why I get pissed off when people tell me pills are safe.

Shit :( ......stuff like that does make you stop and think about what you are doing.

One of my mates, on his 20th birthday he took loads of pills (not sure the exact amount) and he was snorting loads of speed and he had a heart attack and had to be rushed into intensive care.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Shit :( ......stuff like that does make you stop and think about what you are doing.

One of my mates, on his 20th birthday he took loads of pills (not sure the exact amount) and he was snorting loads of speed and he had a heart attack and had to be rushed into intensive care.

Exactly, MDMA is relatively safe if its used with care, but nasty things can happen with even small doses (she'd taken only one pill).
  • Options
    Do you know what the trigger for this was? Perhaps she was lacking the enzyme to break down MDMA causing serotonin syndrome?
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    Do you know what the trigger for this was? Perhaps she was lacking the enzyme to break down MDMA causing serotonin syndrome?

Nah, an ordinary blood clot set off by the spike in blood pressure, scary part is its something that could happen to anyone, whether they've taken just one pill or 1000.
  • Options
    God that really is scary stuff, amazing the consequences of something that really quickly becomes total second nature on nights out. Definitely makes you think!
  • Options
    I see, I think people should take note especially as pills seem to be the most popular drug taken by users of this site.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Definitely makes you think!

It does for sure, but will it make users cut down or stop altogether?
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    God that really is scary stuff, amazing the consequences of something that really quickly becomes total second nature on nights out. Definitely makes you think!

She'd taken pills before, so took one without really thinking about it, then when she came up her eyes just rolled back in her head and she went all limp. They were quite strong so we didnt think much of it (you are really totally incapable of making a good judgement). She laid around for most of the party and was still like it when we got a lift home about 8-9 hours later. We took her down to A&E at probably about 12 hours after it happened and the doctor there said she should have died instantly. There was a big rush around and she was taken into brain surgury instantly.

*Sorry if people have heard this before
  • Options
    Wow, I don't quite know what to say, that must've been utterly terrifying for everyone involved. I know I've been in situations with mates where we haven't known if someone has just been having a "normal" trip or is really in a bad way; like you say it's nigh-on impossible to be a caretaker or make informed decisions about stuff like that when you're buzzing off your tits yourself.

Nash - I guess the reason people can listen to stories as awful as that and not cut down or knock the pills on the head immediately is that it is hard to reconcile such stories with the fantastic time you know you've had/can have on pills. So I guess it's whether you're willing to gamble with your health/life like that, people have very different attitudes in that sense and obviously we all respect each other's decisions. Personally speaking, I haven't done pills in quite a while now, and I think I'll think twice about ever doing them again.
  • Options
    I've already cut down alot since my mad days, and although I don't think I will stop completely, this has definately confirmed my decision to cut down.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    It does for sure, but will it make users cut down or stop altogether?

I don't mean to sound insensitive but in comparison there's a small risk you can get a blood clot and die whilst on a flight, but does that mean you should stop flying?
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Wow, I don't quite know what to say, that must've been utterly terrifying for everyone involved. I know I've been in situations with mates where we haven't known if someone has just been having a "normal" trip or is really in a bad way; like you say it's nigh-on impossible to be a caretaker or make informed decisions about stuff like that when you're buzzing off your tits yourself.

It wasnt at all scary at the time, we didnt really give it much thought which looking back I feel bad about but none of us were sober enough to really think straight.

When she was rushed into brain surgury, that was scary.

ETA - this is why why I get annoyed when people on here describe how fucked up their mates get and they do nothing about it.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I don't mean to sound insensitive but in comparison there's a small risk you can get a blood clot and die whilst on a flight, but does that mean you should stop flying?

Of course, I still maintain that MDMA is responsibly used is relatively safe.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    Of course, I still maintain that MDMA is responsibly used is relatively safe.

Just to clairy for myself, basically...

...But surely that could happen regardless of how responsible you are?
  • Options
    It just goes to show you that pills aren't really safe, but what is totally safe in this world, life is full of risks.
  • Options
    Just to clairy for myself, basically...

...But surely that could happen regardless of how responsible you are?

Of course, but it is really quite unlikely so you can statistically term responsible MDMA use (I believe) as relatively safe.
  • Options
    Box wrote:
    I get the feeling it has more to do with the users state of mind before dropping pills. i.e. how they're head works in their everday live's. Peopletalk to themselves subconcioulsy all the time, maybe the mind on pills doesn't realize and what they think in their head no-longer becomes hindered, it actually becomes a spoken out aloud or pyhsical thought process...

I think you're right, probably a similar process when elderly people start talking out loud in the street. Or perhaps it is just because they and people on ecstasy crave someone to talk to so talk to themselves as a last resort.
  • Options
    Funny that about old people.

However i read somewhere that when your on pills your reduced to the mentality of a young child as a young child whenever they first begin to discover the world around them, everything new and interesting, just like on pills,everything is great and new,was proven somewhere scientifically but dont have a link.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    However i read somewhere that when your on pills your reduced to the mentality of a young child as a young child whenever they first begin to discover the world around them, everything new and interesting, just like on pills,everything is great and new,was proven somewhere scientifically but dont have a link.

I can see where they're coming from with that, interesting.
  • Options
    Yeah...at the last rave I went to a fully grown bloke draped himself over a seat for at least an hour sucking his thumb with a blissful babyish look on his face.
    He must've felt great but it really did look ridiculous and sickening!