Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

PC World... Tut tut

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well like most people, you've seen there adverts and seen the one that says

From £199 Displayed on a Computer screen and then on a Laptop!

So that to me says there's going to be laptops from £199!

So i thought great! lets go down and have a look, got up at 8 this morning and did my thing and went out with mum to PC world to start with.

Got there and there is a massive crowd WAITING for the doors to open @ PC World on there windows was there sales ect with there products.

When the doors opened people swarmed inside! and about 5 mins after, a man was complaining to someone about PC World's advert being a con ect.

Basicaly there was NOT a laptop from £199 and to my knownlodge there wass NOT a PC from £199

What a rip off! some people had been there since 7am!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Did anyone ask and what did the sales staff say?
    Well i was only over hearing and he was saying something but not too sure what it was sorry

But basicaly they didnt have any Laptops/Pcs for sale from £199
    That's a bit pants. I bet there's some miniscule writing on the ad's along the lines of 'Selected stores only' or '100 £199 laptops available at Basingstoke branch only'.
    From watching the advert they said it was 2 days only I believe that was for 23rd and 24th December but I didn't see the advert till the 2nd date.
    lea_uk wrote:
    From watching the advert they said it was 2 days only I believe that was for 23rd and 24th December but I didn't see the advert till the 2nd date.

So your saying that advert was NOT for boxing day?
    I didn't think it was for boxing day but not 100% sure though, they cannot lie and tell you they have something if they don't.
    lea_uk wrote:

Funny you saying that, i remember seeing an ad on Christmas day and in the bottom left corner of the screen was the sidenote 'Offers only available 16th-24th Dec' I wonder if it was PC World ?
    PC World are cocks, they always do a loss leading promotion, like the occasional router for a cut-down price, and they always bury the stock at the bottom of a bargain bin , or simply dont have it at that price :(. Fuck waking up at 8am to go to pcworld anyhow :P
    The only PC World laptop advert that I've seen is the one they had for 299 for a limited period, with the silly woman saying "it has to have a 40 gig hard drive".
    8am is a bit late for a 9am opening and yes there are laptops for £199 but they're rubbish ones anyway which I don't even believe PC World normally sell during the rest of the year, they have VIA Processors, and probably not any better then a Pentium 3

There are 10 Laptops each day and normally you line up and the first 10 people are given a printed voucher to collect their laptops

They don't put the laptops on display because they'd be a mass of people running towards them to grab one.
    PC World are complete and utter tossers, would never buy another laptop/computer from them ever ever again!
    I woulden't buy a lappy for £199 anyway, it'd be shit :P. *strokes macbook*

Yanyway, If you're interested I have a few second hand refurbed laptops for sale:

Compaq presario M2000, toshiba satellite pro L10 or a hp omnibook XE3