Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

January sales bargains

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know, it's a war out there. You need to claw and scratch your way to that last pair of jeans reduced from £150 to a fiver, but it's all worth it when you get home and gloat over your hard fought for bargains. No, i'm not talking about a war torn country, i'm talking about the January sales! (BTW why do they call them the January sales, when they start in December?).

I've braved the crowds today and gone shopping, i should be given a medal! I bagged myself a fab designer hair care set from Boots for only £5 that promises to leave my hair silky and frizz free (hopefully static free too!). I've also bought that Bushisms calender that i've been eyeing up for months at an amazing half price and a gorgous green suede jacket reduced from £35 to only £20! I'm still looking for that elusive new years' eve dress though..

So, who'se been to the sales and what bargains did you get?

Comments

• Options
    I can't be bothered to get squashed in th crowd. Got no money left now anyway. Most of the shops seem to have had sales on for weeks.
  • Options
    im going tomorrow - wish me luck!
  • Options
    i hate the sales! pile of shitey has-been clothes. the only time they could ever be good is if you buy designer
  • Options
    I went today, braved it. Was like a scrum of people trying to get into River Island when the doors opened, and seem to grab anything and everything!

Got some good bargains though from Topshop, Oasis and River Isand, lots of shitty clothes though.
    Whats with River Island not having their changing rooms open anyway? Bloody skanks!
  • Options
    I had noticed that as soon as the sales start crap clothes that you've never seen before in the shop suddenly end up being in the sale. Where did they come from?!
  • Options
    I won't go sale shopping. I'd rather save up and buy something 'current' that I'll wear over and over than some skanky reject that's been reduced so many times because no one will buy it.
  • Options
    I got myself a bargain from la senza, certainly nothing tacky about it. It's lovely and its the stuff that would normally be in there for much more.
  • Options
    I will be going shopping later in the week, not because of the sales though.

Sale stuff is pretty much all crap. They bring out the same stuff year after year and then all the good stuff is in the non sale section.
  • Options
    The sales don't start until January here. I usually can't be arsed to go though.
  • Options
    I got a few good things in the sale. Not shitty stuff though tbh. It was stuff I'd pretty much buy full price. Bought a few nice jumpers and cardi's for winter. Also bought a pair of winter boots, some shoes and a nice necklace.

80% of the stuff in the sale is usually crap but I've been quite lucky today.
  • Options
    I'm sale shopping tomorrow!
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    I'm sale shopping tomorrow!

God, you must be a poor tacky scrud. :yuck:

Disclaimer: Not really. I love getting a bargain. Obviously others need to remove the stick from their arses.
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    God, you must be a poor tacky scrud. :yuck:

Disclaimer: Not really. I love getting a bargain. Obviously others need to remove the stick from their arses.
    :lol: i don't know why some people look down their noses on the sales. Some of it might be shit yeah, but not all of it. You just don't buy the shit stuff. No different than usual really - you're just spending less. I do admit some people go overboard though.
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    Well said.

I went to the sales yesterday, got a few bargains and a few things that werent but we wont talk about those :p
  • Options
    Did anyone (in the UK) see the Next advert last night? Sales start December 27, stores open from 5am! WTF? Who goes shopping at that time?!
  • Options
    I said that to Leigh, who the hell is gonna go shopping at 5am ? What other shops will be open ?
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Did anyone (in the UK) see the Next advert last night? Sales start December 27, stores open from 5am! WTF? Who goes shopping at that time?!

lots of people. there's always people waiting outside ready for opening.
  • Options
    I was in the Next sale yesterday, they opened at 6am up here. Not that I was there at that time though :p
  • Options
    I placed an order on La Senza in the sale on Christmas Day. Boyfriend got me a kimono for christmas, but it didn't have a belt, so I was proving it should have one, when I noticed the sale.

And £85 later, I have lots of luverly (bargain) underwear winging it's way to me. Am probably going to venture into TKMaxx at some point this week too. They had lots of PJ's I wanted.
  • Options
    Next sales are a bitch.

TBH I'd rather get the stuff full price (via Mum's directory) and save myself the hassle and boob-jabbing from elbows. :(
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    My brother did temping for Next today and started at 4.45am. He told me there was a big queue of people outside waiting to go in there.
  • Options
    im off tomorrow :)

hoping to bag myself a nice white coat and black top from miss selfridge - HOPING theyre in the sale!!

also want to get myself some psp games on the cheap because i only have 3 :impissed:
    other than that im just gonna take a gander and see if i fancy anything!
    i want some ghds but i dont think theyll be on sale anywhere!!
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    I had noticed that as soon as the sales start crap clothes that you've never seen before in the shop suddenly end up being in the sale. Where did they come from?!
    They're called Sale Buys. Specially brought in just for the sales. Usually a lot of shite that, because you've never seen them before, you'll buy.

My department hasd it's own sale tables full of all the same shite that didn't shift in last year's sale :lol:

Oh the things you learn in retail...
  • Options
    well i've been again (to another town today)and blagged myself an absolute bargain. A pair of jeans from River Island reduced from £44.99 to £20 because they were missing a button (np i always wear belts). I stood in a queue for 20 minutes and was rewarded when the shop assistant told me faulty goods are 75% off in the sale! Brand new pair of River Island jeans for £5!!
  • Options
    Bought loads of stuff today from Primark but only bough 3 sale items from there hehe. Got some make up from Superdrug too. To be honest I've never seen Newcastle Primark so quiet.
  • Options
    My brother did temping for Next today and started at 4.45am. He told me there was a big queue of people outside waiting to go in there.
    I worked at the Next Sale a couple of years ago. It was hell.
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    well i've been again (to another town today)and blagged myself an absolute bargain. A pair of jeans from River Island reduced from £44.99 to £20 because they were missing a button (np i always wear belts). I stood in a queue for 20 minutes and was rewarded when the shop assistant told me faulty goods are 75% off in the sale! Brand new pair of River Island jeans for £5!!

woweee congrats!
  • Options
    I won't go sale shopping. I'd rather save up and buy something 'current' that I'll wear over and over than some skanky reject that's been reduced so many times because no one will buy it.

I didn't realize that something on sale which goes back to regular price again thenb on sale again... then regular then sale... and sold for the rest of the season on the maniquens was a skanky reject. Silly me! I'm so embaressed.

I love buying sales. Though not christmas sales. Hate people. You can get just as good of sales any time, just look. Oh Express has the best. Do you have epxress there? God I love them, and I love when I get their jeans for 29.50. I stock my ass up. I almost gave up on them last year though, they didn't have anything but those rank skinny jeans on sale nearly all year. :( It was so devistating, until they put the normal ones back on sale early this winter. I guess they say you don't know good until you've had evil.

I have to return a sweatshirt. I"m scared to go to the mall. Silly mother, what evern in the world made her think I wear a medium...
  • Options
    to be honest i tend to get such good bargains anyway that i dont need a sale!

take what im wearing today. A lovely pair of jeans that fit me perfect, they were £12 from internacional. A t-shirt for £6. Primark £1 socks and cheap topshop underwear :)
  • Options
    Next yesterday was like Primark on a busy day hot and busy while Primark was like Next on a normal day not too busy.