Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ipod Nano - Haha!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
yay! i got my Ipod Nano! So haha! to all you Creative People and Sony people!

Mwhaha!

Did anyone else get a lovely ipod for xmas?

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Ipods suck. Creatives are far better. Ive got a Creative Zen and a little Sony walkman one too now as well.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Ipods suck.

And the comments start rolling in ;)

If you treat your Ipod nicely, it will treat you Nicely!:D
  • Options
    I really want an Ipod. I know there are better MP3 players. But Ipods are just sexy :D

Anyway i might treat myself to an Ipod nano, as a stop gap until the Microsoft Zune comes out next christmas.

The only issue i have with Ipods are they dont come with a radio :banghead:

thats so annoying as i want to listen to the Chris Moyles show on the way to work.
  • Options
    You can get them downloaded to your Ipod tho - And there are Addon's for Nanos:yum:
  • Options
    Yeah i know, but i could also buy a creative zen and have the FM tuner built in, but on the other hand the creative zen is nowhere near as sexy as an ipod :)
  • Options
    Calvin wrote:
    but on the other hand the creative zen is nowhere near as sexy as an ipod :)

You summed it all up with that:D
  • Options
    the ipod is like the claudia schiffer of the MP3 world.

:)
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    yay! i got my Ipod Nano! So haha! to all you Creative People and Sony people!

Mwhaha!

Did anyone else get a lovely ipod for xmas?

Samsung YP-Z5FAB urinates on Ipod Nano.
    Calvin wrote:
    the ipod is like the claudia schiffer of the MP3 world.

You mean passed it?
  • Options
    I didnt reply because i did not know what the word ment hehe:yum:
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    And the comments start rolling in ;)

If you treat your Ipod nicely, it will treat you Nicely!:D

That's a load of crap. I treated my iPod the way I treated my Creative Zen Micro. Guess which one lasted me 12 days?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    That's a load of crap. I treated my iPod the way I treated my Creative Zen Micro. Guess which one lasted me 12 days?

So your telling me you treated it PERFECTLY?

You did'nt drop it, sit on it break something ect?
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    So your telling me you treated it PERFECTLY?

You did'nt drop it, sit on it break something ect?

I did treat it perfectly and didn't drop it or sit on it. iPods aren't that good moneywise either - my Nano was a tenner cheaper than my Creative Zen, but was 4GB smaller...
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Ill ignore the . . thing

So your telling me you brought an ipod 12 days later it broke, there HAS to be a reason you can't just say "oh its shite i love creative"
  • Options
    I got an Ipod Nano for my birthday (2 days before christmas) and i love it. Its red and its so cute. Have no idea if its better than any other MP3 players cos my last one held about 20 songs and the battery only lasted for about 2 (it was free :P) but i love my ipod :D
  • Options
    Magic.Emma wrote:
    Its red and its so cute.

Those are the special ipods!!
  • Options
    I treated mine perfectly. It crashed on the aeroplane. 6 months after I started using it.

Even my shitty Toshiba lasted longer than that. And I dropped that one.

And my Zen = sexier than the boy's iPod. By MILES, darling.
  • Options
    I love my ipod but I've had so many problems with it. I've had to change the battery because it became so shit, it randomly crashes on certain songs and sometimes it turns off and won't come back on. It may have something to do with the fact I've dropped it so many times though :razz:
  • Options
    The Zen Xtra i've had for 2 years is still working perfectly. Though it is full now :(:(
  • Options
    I got an Ipod nano from my uncle which was a surprise as I usually get bubble bath from him. So far so good...
  • Options
    I had my first ipod for 2-3 years and it's worked perfectly fine, as has the battery. Only reason i've bought a new one is due to an unfortunate ipod + marble floor incident...
  • Options
    My iPod has served me perfectly for about 18 months now. It has a few battle scars but still works perfectly.

:razz: to all you non-believers - you're just jealous of the iPod's clearly superior sexiness :p
  • Options
    My iPod has served me perfectly for about 18 months now. It has a few battle scars but still works perfectly.

:razz: to all you non-believers - you're just jealous of the iPod's clearly superior sexiness :p

Woow!

I've had my Ipod mini for i believe year and half now and its in tip shop shape!

I reckon its all down to the way you treat your ipod:thumb:
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:

I reckon its all down to the way you treat your ipod:thumb:

Not necessarily.

My poor iPod mini was subject to a "incident" in my bag where my foundation bottle somehow slit open *possibly against my college tools, god knows*. Everything in there was coated in the stuff, and after it had dried, it was even harder to get it off - some careful useage of nail varnish remover was needed. I had to buy new of practically everything.....

But my iPod mini has cleaned up and works absolutely fine :D Only that, and the actual bag (afer a spin in the washing machine) survived :D
  • Options
    I have a shuffle, it's ok. To be fair though when i'm at home I just use my computer to play music, and when i'm out i'm usually in the car so i burn mp3's to disc and play them there. Don't really have much of a need for an ipod.
  • Options
    i've got an ipod nano and i LOVE it. i'm not saying I've not had any problems with it though...i've had to change it twice (got this anytime insurance thing from currys) and i only bought the nano because my ipod mini randomly gave up on me one day.

but i do love the ipod and definitely prefer it over the Zen - i cant use the Zen ones! the scroll thing always goes over what i want it to play. silly thing. or silly me. :)
  • Options
    silly thing. or silly me. :)

Yep silly thing!!:thumb:
  • Options
    I couldn't be arsed with an iPod Nano. My phone works fine as an MP3 player and that was free. And when my contract runs out, I'll get one of the new Nokia music phones (between 1 and 8GB depending on which one you get). I'd only buy a standalone MP3 player if I wanted over 20GB, and since I'll have a car by then, I can't see me needing a bigger one any time soon.
  • Options
    I'm not convinved either way with iPods and Zens.

Creative users are always keen to defend their players and seem to revel in criticising iPods, either fairly or unfairly and it's hard to get objective opinions from users because people seem to get so defensive of their player, especially Zen users in my experience.

I have an iPod mini and despite surviving 5 minutes in a washing machine (:o ) it has lately started to give me problems. I need to upgrade to a 30GB+ player anyway so I'm not too concerned.

Can't decide what to go for though. I know Zens are cheaper and people go on about Zen's reliability, but when I was using my mate's it froze on several occassions and the interface just doesn't have that swish factor that an iPod has. Another deciding factor could be the software. In my opinion itunes is the best music player about, and I've become accustomed to it so not sure if I fancy changing. Oh, and of course iPods are sexier though that's not so much an issue. Need to do some more research before I buy anything I think.