Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Xbox 360 Saving

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I got a fucking nice Xbox 360 for christmas this morning accompanied by Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion (which by the way is a fucking quality game!). Anyway, after playing it for ages my parents said lunch was going to be ready soon so I decided to save my game and turn off the 360 while I puffed away on a couple of joints before lunch.
HOWEVER, apparantly I can't save my game unless I buy some memory which costs another 20 quid! Fucking con I tell you, fucking con!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why is it a con? They did exactly the same with playstation...
    ahh congrats pilled, what one did you get, the premium or core? (cores the one with no hard drive)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Have you never played in a console before?
    Every console that uses discs needs memory cards to save, so far (though it's changing for this generation, with hard drives and internal memory).
    He's got the core if he hasnt got the HD included with it. The HD will set you back about £65 [thats quoting play.com].

A memory card is around £18 notes.

Tbh you've been given the 360 as a gift thus it cost you NOTHING i dont see that having to spend 18 or 65 on a device to save is any hardship to you.

I had to work my arse off for months to save up to buy my 360 ! Be happy you didnt have to do that :p

For the record you dont have to pay for the memory if you buy the premium pack which comes with the HD.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Every console that uses discs needs memory cards to save, so far (though it's changing for this generation, with hard drives and internal memory).

The original Xbox had a hard drive.
    Weekender Offender 
    Depending on your disposable cash situation, I'd recommend getting the hard drive over the memory cards.

The cards are 64mb and about 20 quid.

The hard drive is 65 quid and 20Gb.

The hard drive will give you better performance as well. Oblivion is one of the games that is affected by the lack of the hard drive, the load times are a lot longer without it.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Skive wrote:
    Did it, really? Wow. Not that I ever had one, but I don't remember hearing about that, just its memory cards.
    Skive wrote:

:yes: Thank you.
    Yes I have been playing consoles for a while but as an Xbox owner which had a hard drive, and not a PS2 owner, I assumed this would aswell.
    Oh and I am grateful by the way, I'm not pissed off, I'm going to Argos to pick up a memory card tomorrow it was just a bit of a pain in the ass because I've played the dungeons about a thousand times today! lol.
    I would buy a hard drive but I'm REALLY low on cash.
    My original xbox was £100 with a game and a 60gb hard drive!

Don't see why you can't just network the thingy up and save the files on your computer :p
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    pill 'ed wrote:
    :yes: Thank you.
    Yes I have been playing consoles for a while but as an Xbox owner which had a hard drive, and not a PS2 owner, I assumed this would aswell.

I got a 360 as a present too, though I got the hard drive with it :p

I might pick up Oblivion in the next couple of weeks. You Live yet?

Gamertag?
    Weekender Offender 
    A lot of the guys on my team in work have the 360, they have all hacked them now to play copies lol.

So if any of you want help hacking them and erm, backing up for existing games? ;) Let me know! lol
    Skive wrote:
    I got a 360 as a present too, though I got the hard drive with it :p

I might pick up Oblivion in the next couple of weeks. You Live yet?

Gamertag?

No I haven't got Live yet but will be soon!
    Definately get Oblivion, fucking excellent game.
    You played Gears of war? I want to know if that's worth getting.
    pill 'ed wrote:
    You played Gears of war? I want to know if that's worth getting.

Definitely, it's superb.

I've been playing away at it on my wee brother's 360 that he got for Christmas. He's barely got near the thing, haha!

It's brilliant though. Absolute action packed gore fest. Looks stunning and plays like a dream. Buy it now.
    Finished Gears at a mates house a couple of days ago - great fun - real thumpingly violent and gets better the harder you make it.

Oh and for the craic - best review of Oblivion evar from the genius that is the Consolvania boys -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMIoAAnZt_4&mode=related&search=

and for a christmas treat - consolvania threatening rare -
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=hJUDoVsyjAU
    Jim V wrote:
    Finished Gears at a mates house a couple of days ago - great fun - real thumpingly violent and gets better the harder you make it.

I finished it earlier today as well, but I had been spending alot of time on it.

Did you do it 2 player or just by yourself? I just did it by myself, but think I'm going to take on a harder difficulty with my brother.

I already can't wait for a sequel.