Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Christmas Happy and Joy Thread!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you're happy and you know it, post in here!

You know there's something about this time of year that amplifies relationships (see, it's in the right place!). And I know that a lot of people find it hard because their negatives seem a lot more negative, but this is the place for people who are feeling the love this year.

Maybe I just realised I have a lot to be thankful for. I mean, this could have been a less than ideal Christmas for me this year, considering I am newly single, partially homeless (my lovely parents have taken me in) and broke as a joke. But in the end I have a lot of people who give a shit about me, a roof over my head and a fab Christmas dinner on the way, which I think makes me pretty fortunate.

In other words: I fucking love Christmas. :heart:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I love Christmas, unfortunatly my fiance is the original Scrooge. If he grumps too much i'll kick him! I'm sure the baby Jesus would have done the same! ;)
    I like christmas too.

Or rather, it doesn't make me feel worse and there are parts of it that are really nice, like seeing my neices and nephew, and catching up with all my friends.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It's an excuse to feel good! :thumb: So yes, I do like Christmas.
    I'm happy.

Things maybe aren't as they should be, relationship wise, but it's life getting in the way and I can accept that it has nothing to do with me being a bit shit.

I have my health, I have a decent job that pays well, I get on with my coworkers, I'm flat hunting with my friend in the new year, I know what I want to do with my life, so everything is ok.

For the first time in a long time, I feel genuinely loved. People do actually give a shit about me, so I can't be the awful person that I fear I am.

I'm funny as fuck too :thumb:
    didnt know you were newly single Kaff. Im sorry to hear that, hope youre ok. Glad to hear youre still feeling festive though.
    I've had a really good time as well.

Managed to meet my friends and have a good laugh. I now have my horse in town, aced one of my exams earlier and did really well on my two week project. I even got through that I wouldn't work any stupid shifts.

I used to think that Christmas was the bleakest time of year and it would never change. Well it did. :D
    I'm happy, we've had rough bits but we're still going strong, and my bloodsucking lympet of a sister-in-law (who was a source of a lot of the arguments) has gone for good.

You don't need money for a good Christmas, but it helps. My payrise has paid for Christmas, which pleases me too.
    I'm loving Christmas!!
    I'd still love to share it with that special someone though.
    Ach I got a bit upset when I woke up this morning because it's been a hard year and I wasn't sure if I deserved a good Xmas, but I'm fine now.

I think once you know you've got a loving family behind you, it's a good platform to build on :)
    I am very happy and joyful indeed, and incredibly grateful for what I have. The fact that it's Christmas just adds to the fabulousness of it all :D
    I am very happy today. Spent the day with my lovely family, enjoyed lovely food and opened lots of nice presents. Now, I'm watching the soap episodes of the year, oh yes!

HAHA.

I'm just really happy in general right now. I've been really happy for MONTHS now and its great. I've finally got my head in the right place and I'm finally enjoying life. I have a roof over my head, I have lots of friends along with a great social life and a fantastic job. Why wouldn't I be happy? :)
    Why wouldn't I be happy?

That's the spirit. :)

Yeh I'm feeling quite happy, don't have a girlfriend but sure that never got in the way before, got a loving family, lots of friends and I'm gonna get pissed tonight. Can't complain.
    I'm rather happy ands joyful. This has nothing to do with the amount of christmas alcohol I have consumed tonight (which is much, it has taken me a good 20 minute to write this) bedcause I was dancing to all the christmas music on the radio when my alarm went off this morning. AND I WASN'T DRUNK THEN! :D

Merry Christmas all :)
    Yerascrote wrote:
    That's the spirit. :)

Yeh I'm feeling quite happy, don't have a girlfriend but sure that never got in the way before, got a loving family, lots of friends and I'm gonna get pissed tonight. Can't complain.
    Aye it sure is.

This is the first time in a long time I've been single at Christmas (I was officially single last year but had some sort of thing going on with someone) but I've felt happier today than I have in YEARS.

I don't need no boy to make me happy. I'm completely happy without one. I'm independent, confident and just loving being single. Fuck men. :) I don't need anyone. I have my friends and family. (Gawd, I fucking love feeling like this! :D )
    had a good day. started off badly though when my gf sent me a txt that pissed me off, but being with family and all that made things better. shame i've gotta work during the sales tomorrow :(
    I am very happy --> :D and I will be even happier on Saturday when my lovely boyfriend comes to stay. This = :D:D:D
    Bri-namite wrote:
    I think once you know you've got a loving family behind you, it's a good platform to build on :)
    For sure!

To be perfectly honest, for my Christmas to be complete I'd love to share it with a special someone - but for now, I'm incredibly grateful for the family I have. It's definitely my foundation from where I've managed to start building my life. I love them so much! :heart:
    didnt know you were newly single Kaff. Im sorry to hear that, hope youre ok. Glad to hear youre still feeling festive though.

Aye, as of a couple of weeks. Don't feel too sorry for me though, I left him! I was aware then that my timing wasn't ideal, but just cause things are tricky doesn't mean they aren't right! And I'm doing grand :)

I'm also pleased by the amount of festive cheer in my thread. Pat all of yourselves on the back :p
    aw well, hugs anyway. Still a big decision not easily made, and im sure its for the best. You sound chirpy anyway :D
    Im extremely happy :D

My life isnt really on track, i dont know where its going or where i will even be living in a few months, if i will still be with my boyfriend, if i will have a job...etc. But im still more happy than ive been for a good few years. I think its because ive found someone i can truly trust and who is on the same wavelegnth as me. I feel more secure in myself than i have before.

*pats own back*