Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

For those who hate Neil Lennon...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I give you this...

lennontyniebo3.jpg
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Tis a good pic :D
  • Options
    It's always great to see kids swearing :D

The lass who looks like she's about to die of cold is my fave :heart:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Hilarious!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It's always great to see kids swearing :D

The lass who looks like she's about to die of cold is my fave :heart:

I'm not sure if I prefer her or the old codger in front of her. He looks like he doesn't even realise he's at a football match!
  • Options
    Woman in pink = pyscopath
  • Options
    Woman in pink = pyscopath

Glad I'm not married to her.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    A chavvy nutcase.

Not unusual in Scotland!
  • Options
    And people wonder why players sometimes react...
  • Options
    And people wonder why players sometimes react...

:yes:

I've usually more respect for them if they react though. Obviously not like Diouf or Cantona, but a couple of years ago there was a fat cunt who played for Kilmarnock and Hearts called Stevie Fulton and this one game he was getting absolute pelters (Sumo, sumo what's the score?/ Who ate all the pies?, the lot) and when he got subbed he took off his shirt and did a belly wobble to the main stand. Got a standing ovation for that.

Lennon is a tosser though, somebody threw an Aberdeen scarf at him a few years back and he pissed and moaned to the papers that it was the red hand of Ulster :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Cantona's reaction was the stuff of legend though... :D
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Lennon is a tosser though, somebody threw an Aberdeen scarf at him a few years back and he pissed and moaned to the papers that it was the red hand of Ulster :rolleyes:

Even then, you have to wonder why an Ulsterman like Neil Lennon would be offended at the Red Hand of Ulster. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Perhaps because as far as he's concerned there's no such thing as 'Ulster'? ;)
  • Options
    Even then, you have to wonder why an Ulsterman like Neil Lennon would be offended at the Red Hand of Ulster. :rolleyes:

It has loyalist connotations, and coming from someone who had to leave his international career by having death threats for being catholic, it's understandable.

Though he is no saint either, bit of a cunt alright if you ask me.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    It has loyalist connotations, and coming from someone who had to leave his international career by having death threats for being catholic, it's understandable.

I believe the death threats he received were because after joining Celtic he felt the need to go public with his dream of playing for a united Ireland football team rather than Northern Ireland. Hardly a good idea, but he was a Roman Catholic before that statement was made and, to the best of my knowledge, never received any death threats because of it.

The more pressing issue would be why did Lennon's staunch republican side surface after joining Celtic? Prior to the move he was the kind of player that you didn't like in the opposition team but no more so than a whole host of others we could name. Since his move up north he has become a bigoted ned, always first to play the victim card because dem big bad Prods hate poor Roman Catholics like Neil.
  • Options
    Perhaps he feels victimised because he keeps getting death threats and keeps getting attacked at traffic lights by Rangers fans? If people kept threatening to kill you and your family, and kept attacking you in your car, you'd be going to the police like everyone else, so why is Lennon "playing the victim card" by raising his concerns?

The death threats were because he played for Celtic, no other reason. And the hatred of him from many in Scotland is because he plays for Celtic. He's always been a bit of a dirty bastard, that's why he was so good at Leicester, but its only now that people seem to care. If he played for Raith nobody would give a toss.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Perhaps he feels victimised because he keeps getting death threats and keeps getting attacked at traffic lights by Rangers fans?

"Keeps"? You make it sound like he receives death threats and is attacked as a matter of habit. Poor effort.

Kermit wrote:
    kept attacking you in your car

You should read the court report to find out what really happened that night. It makes for interesting reading, especially when compared to the tabloid reports. But hey, previous threads have shown you're happy to comment on Old Firm matters despite knowing so little about them. :)

Kermit wrote:
    The death threats were because he played for Celtic, no other reason. And the hatred of him from many in Scotland is because he plays for Celtic.

So all Celtic players are hated like Lennon and receive death threats? :confused:
  • Options
    Well Balde keeps getting racial abuse, and Lambert and Hartson got their fair share of abuse too. Or are they liars too?

The only "tabloid" report I saw of Lennon being attacked at traffic lights was in the Daily Rangers.

I have no particular interest in the Old Firm (so long as Rangers keep losing, which they thankfully keep doing) and I'd much rather see Hearts or Aberdeen win the league.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Kermit wrote:
    I'd much rather see Aberdeen win the league.

Me too :heart:
  • Options
    I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Aberdeen, not sure why, could have been Dean Wideload.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Well Balde keeps getting racial abuse, and Lambert and Hartson got their fair share of abuse too. Or are they liars too?

Is this your justification for every Celtic player receiving abuse just because of the club he plays for?

And again: "Balde keeps getting racial abuse"? He doesn't. It's just not true no matter what spin you may choose to put on it.

Kermit wrote:
    The only "tabloid" report I saw of Lennon being attacked at traffic lights was in the Daily Rangers.

Yet you feel obliged to comment on it based on that. Superb.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I'd much rather see Aberdeen win the league.

Post of the year tbh.

Have to say I'm looking forward to the spawn of satan visiting on Saturday lunchtime, more than I've looked forward to a game in years.

Without sounding unneccesarily coarse about it, it'd make my fucking Christmas if we go five points clear of those utter scumbags at the weekend.
  • Options
    Yet you feel obliged to comment on it based on that. Superb.

Great to see you utterly missed the point.

Unless you think that BBCi, the Independent and the Guardian are all liars too?
  • Options
    Now, now Kermit. We all know how Rangers (the club and it's fans) are the most opne minded, non-bigotted, friendly bunch in the country. All these stories about religious and racial hatred are pure lies.

I'm sure that Mark Walters and Alex Ferguson would confirm that for me.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Without sounding unneccesarily coarse about it, it'd make my fucking Christmas if we go five points clear of those utter scumbags at the weekend.

Oh well. Merry Christmas anyway. :D
  • Options

Mark Walters has always spoken very highly of Rangers and the support, and he's currently the only honorary member of the Rangers Supporters Trust.

His opinion on Celtic and Hearts supporters after they showered him with bananas is a different matter...
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Perhaps he feels victimised because he keeps getting death threats and keeps getting attacked at traffic lights by Rangers fans? If people kept threatening to kill you and your family, and kept attacking you in your car, you'd be going to the police like everyone else, so why is Lennon "playing the victim card" by raising his concerns?

Perhaps because he's brought it on himself by spitting on scarfs and mouthing off about "dirty orange bastards". What does the prick expect?

A ned made a prank ONCE and a student tried to headbutt him ONCE (how scary for a professional athlete and footballing 'hardman'). Big fucking deal.

Rangers players have been subjected to plenty of abuse and gang assaults, Lovenkrands having a minder at one point, but don't feel the need to cry to the papers about it.

That won't bother you of course, what with your RC schooling and all.
  • Options
    Now, now Kermit. We all know how Rangers (the club and it's fans) are the most opne minded, non-bigotted, friendly bunch in the country. All these stories about religious and racial hatred are pure lies.

Way to miss the point. Why single Rangers out over Celtic, a club which employs IRA terrorists, holds functions in Republican bars, hides peadophile scandals and whose fans give as much abuse to opposition players as anyone else?
  • Options
    I believe the death threats he received were because after joining Celtic he felt the need to go public with his dream of playing for a united Ireland football team rather than Northern Ireland. Hardly a good idea, but he was a Roman Catholic before that statement was made and, to the best of my knowledge, never received any death threats because of it.

The more pressing issue would be why did Lennon's staunch republican side surface after joining Celtic? Prior to the move he was the kind of player that you didn't like in the opposition team but no more so than a whole host of others we could name. Since his move up north he has become a bigoted ned, always first to play the victim card because dem big bad Prods hate poor Roman Catholics like Neil.

Fuck up ya hateful little cunt. Don't even try to assume what goes on here, I live close to Windsor Park, had graffitti at the bottom of my street saying "Taigs out." It's that bad. Lennon might be a cunt, but getting death threats for playing for Northern Ireland while being a Catholic is enough for anyone.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Why single Rangers out over Celtic

Who's singling Rangers out? We're talking about the Celtic club captain.

It was the charming YouCrazyDiamond who came out with the attack on Lennon for "playing the victim card" after receiving sackloads of hatemail, death threats, and real attacks on him.

Lennon wasn't attacked before he started playing for Celtic, that should say something about the mindset (and the club allegiance) of the people who are sending hate mail to him. Lovenkrands made enough of a deal of it in the papers (it was even news down here), so did Ricksen. Both sides are as bad, I've said that before, Scottish football would be infinitely better if the Old Firm went bust.

Perhaps the two Reading players are "playing the victim card" too?
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Way to miss the point. Why single Rangers out over Celtic, a club which employs IRA terrorists, holds functions in Republican bars, hides peadophile scandals and whose fans give as much abuse to opposition players as anyone else?

Rangers fan in "But the other lot are worse than us" shocker!

Seeing as you mentioned it though, I don't think a supporter club whose entire bigoted home support rejoices in the death of Catholics every other week can really take the moral high ground. Lowest of the low, let's not forget that.

Like I've said, I've no time for Lennon. Not because he's the wrong religion or whatever, I just think he's the sort of player who antagonises situations more than he needs to (like yesterday) and sometimes he seems to revel in the fact that he's a hate figure, when he'd be better just rising above it.

All that said, I'd like to wish compliments of the season to one and all :)