Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

TV Licensing Again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Still trying to claim a refund for the £40 the Tv Licensing people owe me. I got through to somebody in early november who said that the cheque was on its way to me, and it still hasn't arrived. I really don't get why this is happening. anyway, my question was I've just noticed someone in another thread mention MoneyClaim online. Can i use that (or the court system) to try and get my money back if calling them again doesn't yield any results?

Comments

• Options
    I would write a letter to them (don't ring) saying that if you do not receive the refund within 14 days of the letter then you will seek legal redress, and leave it at that.

You could use MoneyClaim Online, but give them one more written chance.
  • Options
    Can i use that (or the court system) to try and get my money back if calling them again doesn't yield any results?
    i doubt you'd want to get the courts involved over £40 tbh
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    i doubt you'd want to get the courts involved over £40 tbh

I would- when you win you get it back.

That's what the small claims court is about.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I would- when you win you get it back.

That's what the small claims court is about.

seems like a lot of bother to me over next to nothing. still... its up to you (the OP) what you want to do. :)
  • Options
    yeah i'd rather not have the hassle of going to the courts, but i would like my money back as it would come rather in handy! am gonna try the letter writing, send it registered post haha.