Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Does anyone honestly LOVE mince pies?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I really shouldn't like mince pies, as I don't like dried fruit, but funnily enough, I do. I can't stand christmas cake or pudding though, I don't even like the smell :(
  • Options
    I don't like mince pies, christmas pudding, or christmas any other stuff.

It's bleurgh.
  • Options
    I :heart: mince pies. I had a box of 12 last week and they went verrrrryyyy quickly.
  • Options
    i hate mince pies :yuck:

i used to hate them, because i thought they had real mince in them, and i actually said to my friend one year (not that long ago either :razz: ) 'eww mince pies, why would anyone eat sweet pastry and cold meat? how can that be nice?'

so erm. now that i know they've not got real meat in them, iv tried them and i still dont like them. haha.
    You do know that they were traditionally made with real meat? They were a conglomeration of bits of meat, dried fruit and spices.
  • Options
    I like mince pies. Warm with cream/ice cream :yum:. I also like Christmas pudding (again, warm with cream/ice cream). But I HATE Christmas cake, because I don't really like fruit cake. I don't like marzipan either, so it's like...ew.
  • Options
    You do know that they were traditionally made with real meat? They were a conglomeration of bits of meat, dried fruit and spices.

err well i do now. thanks.
  • Options
    I'm making puff pastry whisky mince pies today ooh la la :yum: