Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Does anyone honestly LOVE mince pies?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Debate going on in the office...

Some people do, some people just eat them because its custom but they taste awful, Some are like me who think they're the shittest things ever but like the pastry so scrape out the inside, and the rest just avoid like the plague...

Evil little shits- thank god they're only here once a year...christmas cake too (its just wedding cake with all the booze you'd drink at the reception thrown onto it).

Horrible, but what about u?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    love both mince pies and xmas cake, cant get enough! love em love em love em.

mince pies > Cake tho
    I love mince pies, and turn into a giant pie every Christmas.

*sigh*
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Yep love 'em - especially with a big dollop of brandy butter and a glass of mulled wine :yum:
    i hate xmas pudding so i always have trifle.

i can handle warm mince pies with cream if there isnt much fruit in them. i quite like the pastry you see
    oooh I love mince pies. I especially love the asda mini mince pies.
    Not all shops have nice pastry, but i recommend the asda ones, and the mini ones are just right, cos a whole big one can be a bit sickly imo
    I HATE mince pies. I don't even know why. I just hate them.

I'm not a pastry fan to start with though, so along with disliking the filling...
    They're ok, i'll eat one if it's shoved at me at someone's house, but my love of them has been rekindled by Sainsbury's 'taste the difference' mini mince pies, yum.
    I hate mince pies, I hate christmas cake and I HATE christmas pudding! :D
    pill 'ed wrote:

Me too.

Take Christmas dinner over the pies, cakes and puddings anyday!
    ashlee wrote:
    Me too.

:thumb:
    Love them warmed up with brandy butter or cream. But I have to be in the mood for them or I just hate them too. Plus there is nothing worse that cheapo mince pies. If you are going to have them then spend a little more and get Taste The Difference range or whatever the supermarkets call their quality lines. Sprinkle a little ground nutmeg or cinamon on top with a dusting of icing sugar - Mmmmm :yum:
    ashlee wrote:
    Me too.

Me 3...

But I dont have a sweet tooth at all.. i very rarely eat deserts or cakes or anything like that...
    I'm more of a savory person.
    winter bum wrote:
    Love them warmed up with brandy butter or cream. But I have to be in the mood for them or I just hate them too. Plus there is nothing worse that cheapo mince pies. If you are going to have them then spend a little more and get Taste The Difference range or whatever the supermarkets call their quality lines. Sprinkle a little ground nutmeg or cinamon on top with a dusting of icing sugar - Mmmmm :yum:

Now that's a lot of hassle for just a little pie isn't it? :eek2:
    I would much prefer a chocolate pudding out of a tin, heat it in the microwave along with a bit of custard and wham bam you've got a good dessert. No need for tiddlyfooting around with grinding bloody nutmeg and cinamon or dusting icing sugar. Flippin 'eck :D
    Mince pies and Christmas cake :yum:
    never tried one.
    nor do i plan to.
    ever.
    I can't stand both christmas cake and mince pies. People may think i'm being a scrooge, but i'm not going to eat something i hate just because it's Christmas! Besides who said we have to eat it? Did baby Jesus eat mince pies? I don't think so!
    i like them hot. not cold.
    putting some thick cream and orange zest on top makes them perfect.
    I love Mince Pies. Only, I'm dead cheap coz I only like the cheapy value tesco ones or Asda smart price ones - I don't like expensive luxury ones because they always contain bits of fruit peel which I just cannot stand.

I love Christmas cake (again, only without peel) but I hate Christmas Pudding - it's got such a strong bitter taste... yuck.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    pill 'ed wrote:

Same as me mate.
    Weekender Offender 
    same here! :yuck:

having chocolate cake when i get married. :D
    I love Mince Pies. Only, I'm dead cheap coz I only like the cheapy value tesco ones or Asda smart price ones - I don't like expensive luxury ones because they always contain bits of fruit peel which I just cannot stand.

I love Christmas cake (again, only without peel) but I hate Christmas Pudding - it's got such a strong bitter taste... yuck.

Errr.. because it's cheap and there is not enough (any) brandy in it. I hate all cheap food and mostly pre-made food. You don't have a clue what shite has been put into it and the tossers who are employed in the factories where these shite meals are made are the dreggs of society who simply cannot get a normal job somewhere half decent. Disgusting!!!!!!
    I love my mums homemade mince pies, but not keen on shop brought ones. I do like christmas cake most of the time, as long as I dont have too much. Christmas pudding is vile though.
    vile
    fucking love them, especially if they're piping hot :yum:

having chocolate cake when i get married. :D

This couple who got married at my work a while ago had 2 cakes, 1 traditional fruit cake and 1 white chocolate cake. As the staff, we got the left overs that fell off when the cake was being cut, and the white chocolate cake was fucking gorgeous! It was like coated in slabs of white chocolate! I'm definately having something like that for my wedding.
    I used to hate them but now I like them. The mini taste the difference ones (think rubberskin mentioned them) from sainsburys are delicious.
    I usually have my mince pies warm with a dollop of thick cream or brandy butter.
    I've gotta agree with people that you have to go for the more expensive ones, cheap ones are nasty.
    i hate mince pies :yuck:

i used to hate them, because i thought they had real mince in them, and i actually said to my friend one year (not that long ago either :razz: ) 'eww mince pies, why would anyone eat sweet pastry and cold meat? how can that be nice?'

so erm. now that i know they've not got real meat in them, iv tried them and i still dont like them. haha.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I love them, especailly hot with some cream!
    I love mince pies, but only homemade ones. Bought ones are yucky :sour:

I love Christmas pudding swimming in double cream. :yum: Lucky for me, no one else in my family really likes it, so I get 3/4 of it!!
    Don't like any of them. I will eat mince pies of the savoury type though.