Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Laughing Gas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I always see this on sale at raves but never bothered trying it. Is it any good?
Might try some when I go to 'History of Hardcore' in Feb.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    this is always at afterparties i go to together with everyone being on ket. i dont like the idea of it tho im not sure why.. never really tried it properly
    I know this sounds like a really stupid question (and I may regret asking this:lol:)but is laughing gas the stuff that women in labour have?
    pill 'ed wrote:
    I always see this on sale at raves but never bothered trying it. Is it any good?
    Might try some when I go to 'History of Hardcore' in Feb.
    lol <---- joke :cool:
    I know this sounds like a really stupid question (and I may regret asking this:lol:)but is laughing gas the stuff that women in labour have?

You're right, it's nitrous oxide. However in the hospital they give it to you at the same time as oxygen.
    Most of the people I know who have tried it say it doesn't do much. Certainly not worth the £1.50/£2 in a club anyway.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Most of the people I know who have tried it say it doesn't do much.

Oh it does if you do it right. It's like a quick hit of Salvia, but nicer.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:

What are the ins and outs of doing it right?
    In our experience it's definitely nowhere near as trippy as salvia, but I suppose once it gave similar bodily 'pushing' effects. None of the other-wordliness though!
    I've only done it once properly though have had it a few times in hospital. Some little kid I know had got hold of some and was cracking it in a balloon. I took an almighty lug on it, held it in, and then tripped for a few minutes. It's quite strange stuff.
    The reason I compared it to salvia is that it was a suprisingly strong trip that caught me off guard, a bit like Salvia when I tried it.
    Weekender Offender 
    You're right, it's nitrous oxide. However in the hospital they give it to you at the same time as oxygen.
    Most of the people I know who have tried it say it doesn't do much. Certainly not worth the £1.50/£2 in a club anyway.
    Ahhhh.

At work the other week they had this oxygen thing where you breathed in pure oxygen and it gave you a head rush apparently.
    I did it loads at Reading Festival, 2squid a balloon is a rip off, mind. But yeaaaaaaah it's funny stuff. You just feel proper lightheaded and giddy for about 45 seconds then you're just in a happy daze. Nice stuff.

I inhaled, then exhaled into a balloon until I began to feel as though I was dizzy and then it hit me. Niiiiiiiice. I want some noooow, aw times of yesteryear.
    NANGS lol
    Has nobody else actually tripped quite hard off this then?
    My mates and I were getting some pretty serious effects when we tried it.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Has nobody else actually tripped quite hard off this then?
    My mates and I were getting some pretty serious effects when we tried it.
    were you not doing it differently though? whenever i've seen people do it they take a breath in and then breathe it back out into the balloon. whereas you took the breath in and held it for as long as you could.
    Heard of this but never tried it, meant to be quite good if you do it right and especially if you take it while on other drugs such as pills, acid or ket.

Never seen it anywhere around here, i'd try it for the laugh if it was there but not arsed going looking for it,theres some good websites that sell the stuff properly, not in balloons. Nangs i think , not totally sure but alot of americans i know on a different drugs board swear by it, especially on other drugs, even weed.
    It is quite a safe drug, mainly because of the short action of it unless you continue breathing it will fade really quickly.

I wouldnt use it if you have been drinking quite a bit or have had some ket, it will make it more likely you'll be sick, which is never fun.

As to the experience itself, I'd have to agree with Skive, it is a bit like Salvia but without the terror.
    I persisted in trying it once but it never did fuck all
    One of the lads I went to a festival with had a massive canister, it's good stuff. My hearing goes all distorted and "metallic" (only word I could describe it as) and I feel all floaty and happy. Doesnt last long however, but it's a good laugh when a few of you are doing it.

I think I did a bit too much at the festival though, by the end of it it felt like a golf ball was going down my throat everytime I swallowed.

Everytime I go clubbing now I always buy one or two because it's a nice clean rush when you're dropping pills, but it usually is only one or two because I don't think £2 a balloon is justified at all.
    From what some people are saying it just sounds like Poppers to me, but from what Skive and Budda are saying it sounds pretty good so fuck it I'll give it a go. I'll be on pills and speed when I do it aswell so hopefully that'll give it a better effect?
    Yea it'll make it more intense if your on pills and speed i'd presume.
    Pill 'ed - It is like poppers but without the headache or sick feeling. Pills, speed and laughing gas is a recipe Gordon Ramsey couldn't match mate :thumb:

Make sure you do it properly if it's your first time (inhale and exhale into the balloon until you feel all floaty) as my first couple of times I was inhaling the balloon the same way I would a joint. :blush:
    Aspire wrote:
    "metallic"

I like that description. Been trying to think of a way to describe it and not coming up with much. But thats about right.
    I thought this was cartoon legend. I never knew it actually existed! How silly do I look.

Fucking ey, give me some!
    When I have it it's from a balloon, few deep breaths in and out until you feel light headed. I've some pretty weird trips on nitrous before...e.g. this one. The headrush isn't as intense as with poppers, it makes me feel more light headed, whereas poppers make my head feel like it's going to explode!
    Hate that feeling that poppers give you where you think your heads gonna exploded.

Poppers are a waste of time.
    Shogun wrote:
    Hate that feeling that poppers give you where you think your heads gonna exploded.

Poppers are a waste of time.

Pretty much, feels like your temples are gonna burst.

wooooooooah, that sounds pretty insane.
    Skive wrote:
    You aren't using Salvia right then. :)

It's an interesting thing. Alone I think it's worthless, but can be pretty intense mixed with other drugs. Nitrous Oxide is laughing gas, and yes is used as an anesthetic. If you buy whippits, make sure to spray it into a balloon first. This not only makes it easier to use, but it'll be really cold when it comes out of the whippit, and can cause damage. Nitrous oxide is also a relatively inert substance, and isn't metablolized really at all in the body, so you can exhale and use it again.
    sounds a right laugh. You can use it over and over again?
    yea wgy not...

like anything..

you shouldnt but do anyway..., ya know kid?
    What I mean is 'kid'! You can blow it back into the baloon over an over again and then inhale getting the same effect everytime?
    Cant remember even posting here ;last nite.l...

fucked again..its christmas..speed,es and snow.
  • KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer