Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Not another Christmas thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So what's everyone up to for New Year?

I've been invited to a part in Kingston, although I hear this guy's parties are below par and all people do is eat cheese and bread...

To be honest, I'd love to do Trafalgar Square one year

Any plans?

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Nothing so far, but I do hope to get invited somewhere...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm out on Sunday for my usual Sunday night.
    Not yet...
    Not another Christmas thread
    No but it is the 2nd new years thread!!
    3rd isn't it ? Wasn't there one in Going Out too ?
    Spending time with the family.Seeing the fireworks in town probably and firing off our own in the garden, trying to avoid firing one at a human being that is -- again. ;)
    Getting pissed with some old friends I should think, don't really liek planning New Years too much as otherwise it tends to be a downfall.
    Don't know what I'm doing yet, I could go to a party but some friends and I may head out somewhere seeing as we've not gone out on New Years before. However, i can't imagine any of this towns "nightspots" providing that much entertainment...may head into London.
    To be honest, I'd love to do Trafalgar Square one year

No! No! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... There are better ways to relieve your masochistic tendencies! :yes:

I'll be in South Africa for the new year. My friend holds a party in his apartment every year, but I won't be there for it :( hilarity and debauchery always ensues, I'm sad I'll be missing it as I met my boyfriend there.
    RubberSkin wrote:
    3rd isn't it ? Wasn't there one in Going Out too ?
    Forth if you include Diamond geezer. :p

Im hoping the gyms are open, I see nye as another day.

Does anyone get the January blues?
    Fairy wrote:
    don't really liek planning New Years too much as otherwise it tends to be a downfall.
    Ditto :yes:
    Fairy wrote:
    Getting pissed with some old friends I should think, don't really liek planning New Years too much as otherwise it tends to be a downfall.
    I guess...

I know a fair few people who will be around... Will ask them the day before.

Orrrrrr maybe I can smehow DJ at this party, woop!
    Don't know yet. Definately getting pissed.

Think I'm dragging some friends here as I've been invited to a house party which I'm planning on attending after a night on the town.
    I'm spending it with my Mum. I don't see the big deal with New Year's Eve, and seeing as all my friends are scattered around the world because its uni vacation, its either that or my Dad.
    No idea.

I normally try to be out somewhere with friends (and alcohol), but im not going to make a big effort for it to be an immensly fun night. Theres too much pressure just for one evening. All that singing and holding hands shit does my head in aswell.

I wont be spending it with my boyfriend so i'll probably be moping anyway (like i will be on christmas day :()
    although I hear this guy's parties are below par and all people do is eat cheese and bread...

Sounds like a squat!

Trafalgar would be good but I'm going to wait until global warming kicks in a little more so standing around in central London in the middle of winter is more pleasant.

Off to a secret location somewhere in Bristol for a quality knees-up and I shall drink much gin.