Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Politeness.

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I work with angry customers sometimes and I'll be as smpathetic as they like whilst they are calling the service and the business but once it gets personal then I'll refuse to deal with them until they change their manner.
    Soemtimes I work with people with mental disabilities and that can be really hard to keep your temper down but at the end of the day that's my job.
    Gotta say it annoys me when boots people constantly ask if I have a boots card. I know they are just doing their job but it's so irritating. I don't want a boots card, I just want to buy some body spray/a drink without being asked.

(I wouldn't be rude though)

I also hate it when you go in Claire's and there's always someone on the door trying to force a basket in your hand.
    Yesterday I had someone shouting at me because I couldn't complete his house purchase in a fortnight (idiot) and today I've had a letter saying how great I am and how she'll tell all her friends how great I am.

*shrug*
    So, sorry, but I don't think a till worker deserves thanks just for letting you pay for the things you want to buy

Oh, I'm sorry but not everyone in shops is a till monkey you know, we help with enquiries, pack their bags and sometimes even carry their things to the doors for them. So that doesn't merit a thanks? :banghead:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Jazza wrote:
    Oh, I'm sorry but not everyone in shops is a till monkey you know, we help with enquiries, pack their bags and sometimes even carry their things to the doors for them. So that doesn't merit a thanks? :banghead:
    Read again. I think you missed half of my post..
    PussyKatty wrote:
    I always thank the bus driver, I know it's their job, but so is my hairdresser and I thank her.

Think it's a regional thing, most people here say thank you when they get off the bus.
    That's why I love Brum. Everyone is lovely. (Half my family are brummies!) :thumb:
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Gotta say it annoys me when boots people constantly ask if I have a boots card. I know they are just doing their job but it's so irritating. I don't want a boots card, I just want to buy some body spray/a drink without being asked.

Don't worry, we hate asking (Or at least in our store anyway)! But I've experienced first hand what happens when we don't, people can get VERY nasty over their missing points, even if its not our fault.
    PussyKatty wrote:

Don't worry, we hate asking (Or at least in our store anyway)! But I've experienced first hand what happens when we don't, people can get VERY nasty over their missing points, even if its not our fault.
    PussyKatty wrote:
    i'm glad they ask because sometimes i forget to get my boots card out.

im pretty polite - always say please and thanks to bus drivers, shop workers, cafe people in restaurants/bars etc. i am very rude to anyone calling up my house though who are trying to sell me something. as soon as i realise thats what they're doing i say "no thanks" and put down the phone.
    PussyKatty wrote:
    i'm glad they ask because sometimes i forget to get my boots card out.

im pretty polite - always say please and thanks to bus drivers, shop workers, cafe people in restaurants/bars etc. i am very rude to anyone calling up my house though who are trying to sell me something. as soon as i realise thats what they're doing i say "no thanks" and put down the phone.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    lipsy wrote:
    i am very rude to anyone calling up my house though who are trying to sell me something. as soon as i realise thats what they're doing i say "no thanks" and put down the phone.
    Oh my God, the rudeness!!! :shocking: :p
    Just be glad you are not a Japanese in Paris :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6197921.stm

"A dozen or so Japanese tourists a year have to be repatriated from the French capital, after falling prey to what's become known as "Paris syndrome".

That is what some polite Japanese tourists suffer when they discover that Parisians can be rude or the city does not meet their expectations."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    ......then you go somewhere like switzerland and you have to make a conscious effort otherwise you just come across as rude lol, i don't think we're inherently bad mannered it's just the british way....
    I know what you mean. I was rather taken aback when the Italian Chief Engineer on my last ship gave me a bollocking for not saying "good morning" to him. I normally say please and thank you, etc. but I'm rather a shy boy and I'd actually rather not talk to people if I can avoid it.
    Some people are just cunts. I always say please and thank you when needed, becomes instinct after a while.
    Teagan wrote:
    Just be glad you are not a Japanese in Paris :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6197921.stm

"A dozen or so Japanese tourists a year have to be repatriated from the French capital, after falling prey to what's become known as "Paris syndrome".

That is what some polite Japanese tourists suffer when they discover that Parisians can be rude or the city does not meet their expectations."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The french are rude though. When I was over there they would walk into you in the street and walk past you without saying sorry. The shop/resturant staff we came across where quite polite on the whole even if they where really busy.