Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

IMAX 3D Cinema

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone ever been to the IMAX Cinema in Manchester (or anywhere else)? I want to organise to take the brownies sometime in the early few months after christmas but want to check it is good before drag all fifty of them along!

I have researched it and it would cost each child £11 for ticket, coach and refreshments. I think that is pretty reasonable?? Would cost sort of £7 each to go to the local Vue.

Also, have been told it is very good for some films but not very good for others. Heard Polar Express was excellent in 3D but some just don't do it justice. Guess if it was going to go ahead then would have to have a good think about what sort of films would be good to see.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well my knowledge is limited, as I went to a 3D cinema 8 years ago... and it wasn't in England... but here's as much as I can help.

The actual watching of the film in 3D is ace, especially at Brownie age which is what I was (I'm sure Brownies are going up to 10 years old yes?). There was a trailer before the film that we watched, and it was a clwon, and it ainted the screen pink as such - but I was convinced he'd painted my 3D glasses and went to wipe them! The price seems reasonable enough, I paid that for transport, ticket and refreshment the other day just to see a film normally.

Film wise, I can't really say, as when I went there was only one film avalible to watch in 3D so we just watched that. It was a terrible film if I'm honest :D I'd love to know what it was. It'd be something worth looking into but I wouldn't know where to start to look tbh :)