Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Muffins

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want to make some christmas muffins to eat on christmas eve and then for breakfast on christmas day.

Do you think that the muffin mix will keep in the fridge over night so i can have yummy fresh muffins on both days or does anyone think that the mix might separate if stood for too long and go yucky...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    im not sure, but you could try making some other muffins before hand and seeing if the mix keeps so youre not disappointed at xmas if it doesnt.
    Aren't muffins a yeast based mix ? If it's yeast based, you could leave it overnight, in the fridge to inhibit the yeast, but you'd end up with a big bowl of stuff that's full of air and they'll just collapse when you cook 'em.
    What you can do is weight and measure the dry and wet ingredients in 2 seperate bowls and in the morning just whizz the two together. In my muffin book they're all made like that and then at the last minute they go together. My mam measures in the evening and cooks in the morning all the time like that
    Also muffins taste pretty good the day after, especially if you don't quite shut the lid of the box. They go all nice and soft and moist. Alternativly you can freeze em and heat them in the microzapper.
    try making 1 tonite, and then eat it tomorrow morning and see if its ok?