Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Approaching A Girl

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all any replies or thoughts to what I'm about to post are much appreciated, here goes.

Basically Im 23 and have been single for 2 years, it isnt the single part of my life that bothers me but the lack of female interaction since my last relationship. I seem to have a problem approaching the opposite sex, I just dont know what to say or how to do so without making a twat of myself. I was in a relationship between the age of 18-21 and feel I lost that period of time to spend with my friends and go out on the pull like us young men do. I wouldnt consider myself unattractive, there are a few things eg I have eczema on my face and this gets worse during winter, I have a slightly receeding hairline and I feel I'm a little shorter than most blokes but I like to feel I take pride in my appearance. I make an effort to go out with my mates often and generally have a laugh but I just long for female attention which I rarely get.

I dont know where I go from here, Its actually getting to the stage where Im starting to feel old when I go out. I just feel like this fun part of my life is slipping away before its time to find a girl and settle down, though at this rate I cant even see that happening. As you can tell im on a bit of a low ebb and its starting to get me down as its really the only part of my life that feels unfulfilled. I feel I come across as a confident person but when it comes to girls I go all shy, there have been a couple of opportunities but I just didnt feel attracted to them so rejected any advances.

Advice appreciated Thank you

Comments

• Options
    do a search for "seduction school" on you tube or "charisma arts" on google, and see what you get.......
  • Options
    Don't worry about the way you look too much. If you take pride in your appearance as you say then I am sure plenty of people are appreciating it. People all have different preferences. Just be yourself and you will come across people who love everything about you. If you can make someone laugh, that is often a winner. Just keep going out and having a good time with your friends. I am sure you will catch someones eye. And approach girls! Don't bother with chat up lines...but just talk randomly and see what happens. If they are not interested well at least you tried and just move onto the next one. As long as you don't say 'Your eyes are round like strawberries' and 'You have the mouth of Mick Jagger' then I am sure you will be great.
  • Options
    why don't you try speed dating or join a website like faceparty, it can be very hard to just approach a girl with no reason.
  • Options
    do a search for "seduction school" on you tube or "charisma arts" on google, and see what you get.......

Seduction School On 'Youtube' and http://charismaarts.com.
  • Options
    hmm interesting, thanks guys!
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    Don't worry about the way you look too much.
    I honestly don't think looks are a huge issue with a lot of women, plus even though you might not like the way you look, that doesn't mean other people won't.
  • Options
    I think the best think you can do is try to get into a situation where you hang out with girls socially. Forget this whole going up to girls in bars with a group of lads and trying to pull, unless an opportunity obviously presents itself. I don't know what you do for a living, but if you work with girls, see if they go out on a weekend, and get their numbers and meet up. You might not be interested in those girls in particular, but they might be out with friends which they introduce you to. Just be chatty and friendly with everyone, and after a while, you'll find someone who's interested who you like too.
  • Options
    Be yourself

I defo think being yourself is the best advice. If you just act as you would normally with your mates then your more likely to find someone who actually likes you.