Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I Pod fuck up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok I've had my i pod mini for nearly a year now (a year on xmas) and over the past few months it's been playing up by running out of battery when I've just charged it up and stuff but all I needed to do was re-set it a few times and the battery bar would magically go up again. However this morning I think it's really fucked, it ran out of battery and wouldn't let me re-set it at all, the Apple logo doesn't even come up and when I plugged it in to my computer to charge it up, i tunes doesn't even acknowledge that it's been plugged in and it's still as dead as fuck.
Anyone know a way to fix this or is it just fucked?

Comments

• Options
    get a replacement battery off ebay and give that a go, they cost next to nowt these days, worked with my ipod.
  • Options
    Have you tried using another USB port or another USB lead?
  • Options
    I don't think we have another USB lead but I have tried using another USB port. I'm looking for new battery's on ebay now...
  • Options
    My immediate thought is that its the USB lead rather than the battery, especially as the computer is having trouble detecting it.

Does the iPod show up in "my computer"? If it doesn't I'd be pretty sure its a lead or a software problem.

Try it in another computer with another lead.
  • Options
    Also, if it does appear up in My computer, you could right click it and Format it, it seam to worked for my mate
  • Options
    I know this sounds stupid, but it does work.

Have you tried warming it up a bit?

Like rubbing it on your thigh, in your hands? Or putting it on a warm radiator for a bit. Even just leaving it on charge for a couple of days straight.

My iPod used to really hate me, like the battery would last a couple of songs then die, but its all good now (have done pretty much all of the above).
  • Options
    Buy a Creative Zen instead :D
  • Options
    Take it back to the shop and get a replacement if its less than 1 year old.
  • Options
    Or wait till the January sales and buy a new one!:D
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    Or wait till the January sales and buy a new one!:D
    Nooooo!!! That's just what they want you to do. Don't give in to them.
  • Options
    Nooooo!!! That's just what they want you to do. Don't give in to them.

hahaha Buy a nice shiney Blue Ipod Nano!

Look how nice it looks...

202-1450691-5341401?ie=UTF8&n=560798&s=electronics

Image from http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Apple-iPod-nano-Blue/dp/B000HZFBS4/sr=8-4/qid=1166543561/ref=pd_ka_4/202-1450691-5341401?ie=UTF8&s=electronics
  • Options
    It's been plugged in for ages now and I've tried the warming stuff but no it's still dead. It also doesn't appear in My Computer either.
    Guys it's fucked! Unfortunately the guarantee ran out like a week ago or something!! :banghead: :mad:
    Piece of fucking crap, I'm not getting a fucking i pod again! Think I'll take Nash's advice and buy a Creative Zen!
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    I'm not getting a fucking i pod again! Think I'll take Nash's advice and buy a Creative Zen!

What about a Microsoft Zunee OR! The Walkmen one, they look soo groovy!
  • Options
    My iPod Mini is doing the same thing - I had a thread about it recently.

Mine still turns on and charges when plugged in, but neither itunes nor my computer read it, so I can't update it which is shite.

I need a new player anyway as the 6 GB is nowhere near enough for me anymore. I've had it for ages too, so I'm due an upgrade.

Does anyone know if the video iPods are more reliable than the Minis?
  • Options
    ^^ The Zen Vision-M is video and much much better than the Ipod for pure quality. One of the best things i've bought.
  • Options
    This happened to me with my mini ipod. I bought a replacement battery from Maplins and its sorted out the problem.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    ^^ The Zen Vision-M is video and much much better than the Ipod for pure quality. One of the best things i've bought.

For quality?

Are you sure? I've seen the ipod video in full flow and it's pretty fucking sharp quality wise. It would be difficult to get much better quality from what I viewed. I wasn't expecting it to be so good either.