Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

"Feminine hygiene products"

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lipsy wrote:
    i can't believe people wear pads! i thought it was just something girls wore when they first started their period. i think they're gross and uncomfy!!
    Yeah they are, but i find tampons even more uncomfy, esp nearer the end of my period..i cant seem to find ones that will just stay up there...
  • Options
    I remember when I first got my period I once tried a "night time" pad. That was the hugest thing I'd ever seen :p It was as long as my forearm... with wings :D
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I remember when I first got my period I once tried a "night time" pad. That was the hugest thing I'd ever seen :p It was as long as my forearm... with wings :D

:yes: A very daunting experience it is! They never stop unravelling! :lol:
  • Options
    The worst story is the one you hear about someone getting a danger zone hair stuck in the wing adhesive. Ouch.
  • Options
    hahaha :yes:
  • Options
    I use 0-2 tampons per period. light flow so no 18.99 is not bargainus
  • Options
    I've never got used to tampons myself, so i always wear pads. I only use tampons when I have no other choice, ie - to go swimming. Pads are very uncomfortable though, I agree, but I prefer them to putting on tampons.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i bought a different brand of tampons the other month and they had plastic applicators and were quite snazzy actually. much better than tampax for inserting!
    Tampax compak? I use those. They are quite good.

They cost about £2 for a box of 16 I think. I don't need more than one box each month because my period only lasts about 4 days.
  • Options
  • Options
    before they had adhesive you had to use a suspender type thing round your abdomen for your pad! I had to use one once when I was in hospital, it was awful!
  • Options
    I always use pads - there are a lil uncomfortable but the discomfort of a tampon overrides that. I passed out when I was 11 because a nurse came in, showed one of those scientific simple diagrams of what we have inside and demonstrated how a tampon is applied and...yeah I passed out. Since then I've never wanted to go near them.

I think with the mooncup, you have to consider that it lasts for years and years, near on a decade and for that one off 18.99 and not paying anything more for years, it is pretty bargainous. I use around two pads a day and 1 at night for a 4/5 inbetween flow - never too heavy or really light.