Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Buying out all stock before Christmas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I was just wondering what people thought about this.

Whenever a Nintendo Wii comes up for sale, normally people will buy 3 or 4 now, with the prices over the past two or three weeks being so inflated. I personally think it's unfair, but then again, everyone's out for profit, supply and demand isn't it?

There was a thread about TVs earlier today, where a misprice meant £1000 TVs were being sold for £150, and some people were buying 2 or 3 (or in one case 7 ;)) and I just think, yea it's lovely you can get a good bargain but you shouldn't necessarily just try and horde it all yourself.

I dunno, it was guys on a thread on another forum ordering 10 Wiis each that annoyed me. If you look on eBay prices are starting to come down now anyway, it's just a bit exploitive though isn't it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's what happens though. It's the same with all items that are more in demand than the supply can cope with, and it will only change if people stop being twats and stop buying from these people.

It's the same with concert tickets- the only way the cunts that are eBay touters will stop is if people stop buying from them.
    The worst thing is they can get refunds if they fail to sell them :(
    The worst thing is they can get refunds if they fail to sell them :(
    :lol:
    ... i found a place with loads still left in stock... :yippe:
    I really want a Wii for xmas, can't find one though, can you sort me out?