Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I had the WORST friday evening ever!!!

I had a late lesson on friday so I had to go as I was running late, I thought "I'll leave my stuff to come back and get it at lunch". I came back only to realise I didn't have my keys, my dad works late (1.30 - 10.30) and he locks the door before he leaves but I think "oh kate (my sis) will be home at half 6 to let me in". so I sat and waited outside my house for 8 and a half hours armed with only 80p to live on in the freezing cold. I had to cacoon myself in my lonsdale hoody to keep warm.

It took so long! imagine sitting outside in the freezing cold from 3 - 10.30
I couldn't go to a mates or neighboors as they were out and I dont have a phone so I couldn't ring anyone.

but It shows I have good patience.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You could've walked/run to the nearest phone box, that would've warmed you up and then invested your 80p in a phone call to someone to come and rescue you.
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    You could've walked/run to the nearest phone box, that would've warmed you up and then invested your 80p in a phone call to someone to come and rescue you.

:yes:
  • Options
    well see I used my 80p for a bag of walkers twix and 2 jelly shots, plus I didn't know my dads or sisters numbers so....

gave up hope around 8 when I realised my sis wasn't coming.

I did manage to keep warm by walking up and down my street though.
  • Options
    well see I used my 80p for a bag of walkers twix and 2 jelly shots
    Cos all that will keep you warm :p
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:

i agree.

poor boy, i feel sorry for you, must have been horrible, but you hardly used your brain, could have been a lot less painful.
  • Options
    well that and I was hungry, I would have bought a drink but then thought do I want to introduce liquid when Im stuck outside with no toilet.
  • Options
    seriously, everyone you know was out? Its not that hard to go round a mates house, or do you only have one mate?
  • Options
    well 2 who live nearby.....
    and well 1 was out and I hate the other one.
  • Options
    You could've pee'd in the bottle afterwards, you really didnt think all of your options through did you?

Hopefully you'll learn from your mistakes.
  • Options
    It would have been a can and yes, I will.
  • Options
    Unlucky! . My friday was the worst on record for me, but nowhere near as bad as yours!

I would've broke into my house though, It was absoloutely freezing last night.
  • Options
    well 2 who live nearby.....
    and well 1 was out and I hate the other one.

How can you be friends with someone you hate?:confused:
  • Options
    well 2 police vans drove past so that ruled breaking in out of the question.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    How can you be friends with someone you hate?:confused:

Well I don't HATE him but he annoys me (the bloke Ive been talking about in my threads) I'd rather freeze to death then hear him prattle on about shite.
  • Options
    should have gone to the local pub and bought a glass of coke or something. Least you would have been warm.
  • Options
    My local you have to be over 25 to get in now and I don't look over 25.
  • Options
    mind you what I should have done was get either 10 gummy coke bottles or 16 gummy strawberries.
  • Options
    well 2 police vans drove past so that ruled breaking in out of the question.

It was your house, so theoretically there's nothing illegal going down, besides, They might even have let you stayed a night in the cells! :-)
  • Options
    wouldn't that have been fun?

well being stuck outside for so long gave me a chance to think. about things in general and I realised. in general....lots of things stink.
  • Options
    *big hug* =O
  • Options
    joking, really I was thinking, how the fuck am I gonna get back inside!?

my kitten tried to help but to no avail.
  • Options
    Thats really bad, but you have cheered me up so much with that story. Thankful I've never locked myself out. Had to phone my mum from outside a couple of times at 2am when drunk for her to unlock the front door when I've come home and told her I wasnt.
  • Options
    well I look at it as training for when the PS3 comes out.
  • Options
    Id have broken a window and climbed in before waiting outside in the cold for that long.
  • Options
    LOL don't you have any friends you could have visited?
  • Options
    as I said, only 2 lived nearby, 1 annoys me and the other one was out.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    im not being funny, but it sounds to me, like you are making quite a few excuses for not doing the things that have been suggested.

I have heard of over 25 clubs, not local pubs, if i hated someone, but was cold, id MUCH rather go and have a cup of tea and listen to 'prattling' then sit on my doorstep in the cold.

sorry to hear you got cold, but in future, use a bit of brain power?!
  • Options
    lol, ok
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote:
    I have heard of over 25 clubs, not local pubs

Theres a pub by me that's over 21's only, but i've not heard of over 25's.
    Something similar happened to me a while back. I'd gone to uni without my keys and came home early. Everyone was out, but i had a few quid in my pocket. I called a few numbers and no one answered. I walked around for a while to keep myself warm and visited the local shop so i wouldn't be too cold.

I also knew that the local park had a public toilet, so i was fine for that. I tried to climb over the gate to gain access to the back garden to see if any windows were open, but it was too high. So i waited at the front door and read a magazine, luckily my parents returned after about an hour. I learned an important lesson about taking my keys with me when i leave the house!
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    lol, ok
    woah what a worthy response!
    satehen wrote:
    also knew that the local park had a public toilet, so i was fine for that. I tried to climb over the gate to gain access to the back garden to see if any windows were open, but it was too high. So i waited at the front door and read a magazine, luckily my parents returned after about an hour. I learned an important lesson about taking my keys with me when i leave the house!

at least you made an effort :p keep a spare key in a plant pot round the back in future :yes: