Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Vending Machine Fixer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What sector of work would a person be in if they went around fixing vending machines & a like?

I'm trying to get clued up on a potential new area of work:)

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Electronics and Engineering mate. Most of it's quite simple though. Most of the time it's a case of identifying the faulty part and just switching it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's the kind of thing that I want to do as in diagnosing a problem & then fixing it. It would have to be something more technical as i'm not a simple person & i'm an eager beaver on learning lots of new things:)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Apply to Sky for Installation Engineer.
    I did a similar sort of thing for NEC installing freeview, video on demand and phone systems in hotels. I picked up a bit of cabling experience and am now a self employed data (cable) engineer. It aint hard but it pays alright. (£600/5 day week)
    I want to learn more, but fot he moment what I earn keeps me tied over.
    Weekender Offender 
    I saw a presentation by a company the sells gum ball machines - you buy the machines, install them in like a newsagents and go 50:50 with the owner, supposed to be good money.

Then just tell the owner to call you when the machine is looking low and come and fill it up and empty out the coins.
    Skive wrote:
    Apply to Sky for Installation Engineer.
    I did a similar sort of thing for NEC installing freeview, video on demand and phone systems in hotels. I picked up a bit of cabling experience and am now a self employed data (cable) engineer. It aint hard but it pays alright. (£600/5 day week)
    I want to learn more, but fot he moment what I earn keeps me tied over.

That's sounds like a great idea that I would've never though of:thumb: The money sounds good to as that's over twice as much as I currently get a week:cool: