Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Giving mooncup another shot

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I'm having another bash with the mooncup after many disasterous attempts

When i sit down I can still feel the stalk :( Does this mean its not high enough or that I need to trim it a bit?

Also It gives me backache when I use it. What could this be?

Comments

• Options
    Arghh the backache its giving me is agony. Whats going on with this?
  • Options
    I've never used one before but it sounds a bit like when a tampon isnt in right, can you push it up a bit further?

Tbh though if it's causing you more pain that just it not being in right, I'd give up with it.
  • Options
    Ive chopped off the stalk but tbh i cant tell if i can feel it cos i hurt my lady bits taking it out!!!!!!!!

IT IS EVIL

I want to use it though. I hate tampons and pads are just too gross to be allowed. When I can work the cup its perfect

When I take it out or put it in there doesnt seem to be enough room for the cup and my fingers in my foof so its kind of hard to manouver it

This thread is gross. Apologies :yuck:
  • Options
    So you've used it comfortably before?
  • Options
    Errrmmm the times its been in comfortably are when it goes really high and I can't get it out!! It always seems to give me a bit of backache though, although its in now and seems to be doing ok. Maybe its a turning point :)
  • Options
    Here's hoping :)
  • Options
    i completely cut the stalk off mine.
    It shouldnt hurt to remove. You need to kind of squeeze gently to break the suction before trying to pull it out and then it should come out easily.
  • Options
    The problem with them having a stalk there is im sure it encourages people to try and pull down on the stalk like a tampon string, when thats not how you take it out at all.
  • Options
    If you're having difficulties with the cup, but don't want to use tampons/pads, have you thought about using natural sea sponges? A friend of mine in the US uses them, you can buy them out there, but over here, all you have to do is cut a sponge into a sphere and you can reuse them etc. I'm not sure what the brand name is though, I think they're called sea pearls.
  • Options
  • Options
    The idea of a sponge doesnt fill me with confidence, wouldnt it leak like a normal bath sponge does when it's absorbed water?
  • Options
    I'm not sure, I haven't tried them. Read a book where the woman said when it gets close to full, it kind of drops a little lower in the vagina, giving a woman enough time to go and change it. I feel stable enough with my mooncup, but I'd use them if I had a really light flow.
  • Options
    Ah not fancying the idea of the sea sponge sorry

It hurts when the fat end is coming out cos it feels too big and then pops out and hurts the skin. Maybe I just need more practice. I also find it hard to grab hold of to break the seal because I can't fit my fingers up there too! There's not enough room for both! I usually end up wildly grabbing around and yanking it down when I finally manage to get a grip on it!!

The stalk is all the way off and its quite comfy now, feeling a bit tender around my back but that could be the return of my period pain. Its gone very far up so god knows how I'm going to get the damn thing out!

No leakage so far though :yippe:
  • Options
  • Options
    Go on then, i'll ask. What on earth is a mooncup ?

And if anyone says it's used by druids on the solstice they'll get a slap with a damp kipper :p
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Go on then, i'll ask. What on earth is a mooncup ?

And if anyone says it's used by druids on the solstice they'll get a slap with a damp kipper :p
    http://www.mooncup.co.uk/
  • Options
    Oh right. Why not use a cork ? :D
  • Options
    :o
  • Options
    Maybe bearing down (sort of pushing out with your P.F muscles) at the same time when trying to remove it would help? It should push the bottom end of it out enough for you to squeeze and break the seal. It sounds like a faff but if you get the hang of it, its just pretty much one easy motion.
  • Options
    I just had a poop and it tried to come out :blush:

I do bear down when I get it out but for some reason I can't get a hold of it! Maybe I'm getting in a tizzy and panicking
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    I just had a poop and it tried to come out :blush:

Heehee... made me chuckle. :)

Was just wondering... those of you who've tried mooncups... does it sort of give you an idea how much blood your losing?

It's just I heard once that you only lose about a table spoon of blood per period, and I dunno if that's a myth of if I'm getting heavy periods...

Last time I was on I took a shower and before I had chance to get out I'd bled all over the bath... I reckon there was a table-spoon amount just from that, maybe more... It was icky... I had to use a second towel :yeees:
  • Options
    theres a lot more than that with mine and i dont have heavy periods usually.
    id say about an eggcupfull a day was normal.
  • Options
    Just read the Mooncups website and all I can do is... :yuck: :lol:
  • Options
    why?
  • Options
    Having a silicone cup full of blood sitting inside your
    vagina is just a horrible thought!!
  • Options
    It looks like a rather cool hat.
  • Options
    Having a silicone cup full of blood sitting inside your
    vagina is just a horrible thought!!
    no worse than a plug of blood soaked matted fibres in there.
    Its just another way of dealing with it, and a more convenient and environmentally friendly way of doing it too, not to mention cheaper
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    It looks like a rather cool hat.
    :lol:
  • Options
    Its just another way of dealing with it, and a more convenient and environmentally friendly way of doing it too, not to mention cheaper

Exactly!

I love my mooncup, its brilliant :heart::heart:
  • Options
    Another reason why I don't use tampons. Yuck.