Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bargain alert

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think so cos it still wont work for me :yeees:
  • Options
    heh, website is being rather slow,wonder why that could be... :lol:
  • Options
    Yea the website isn't loading for me.

Sparta - greedy fucker ordering 7 :p I think it's ok to order one for your own personal usage but 7 is just profiteering in a way :/
  • Options
    Yea and I tried to buy a laptop for £250 once and they never honoured it :(
  • Options
    The woolworths website wont even load now :no:
  • Options
    Yea the website isn't loading for me.

Sparta - greedy fucker ordering 7 :p I think it's ok to order one for your own personal usage but 7 is just profiteering in a way :/

There is zero chance of them honouring this this offer is all over the net by now and they stand to lose a couple of million quid by my reckoning. In a perfect world they would have to honour this deal, we all know they won't however.
  • Options
    No I know, I'm trying too. The boyfriend is in theb other room trying on another computer.
  • Options
    All the same, if you know they're not going to honour it why order 7? I dunno, like with the laptop (that should have been about £800) I would happily order 1 for myself, save myself £550, but I wouldn't order 10 and try to make a profit because in a way it's a bit unethical.

Maybe I just don't have the moneymaking gene :p. It's like the people who preorder 10 Wiis and sell them 2x what they're supposed to be sold for.
  • Options
    Yeah or reading tickets and sell them on ebay :( although i'm always like why didn't i do that!
  • Options
    All the same, if you know they're not going to honour it why order 7? I dunno, like with the laptop (that should have been about £800) I would happily order 1 for myself, save myself £550, but I wouldn't order 10 and try to make a profit because in a way it's a bit unethical.

Maybe I just don't have the moneymaking gene :p. It's like the people who preorder 10 Wiis and sell them 2x what they're supposed to be sold for.

Well the way Im looking at it is I order 7 I may or may not get 7 lots of vouchers for my "inconvenience" the offer has no exclusivity due to the sheer number of people who have taken up this offer, regarding ethics. Is it ethical for companies such as Woolworths asda tescos etc hiring people from the 3rd world to work for peanuts to cut down on costs?
    Ethics works in funny ways my friend.
  • Options
    I wasn't targetting you, just wondered why ordering 7 vs. 1 would be better? Either way, as for the third world, two wrongs don't make a right. I was just confused why you'd need 7. I doubt you'll get 7x the vouchers to be honest with you...
  • Options
    I wasn't targetting you, just wondered why ordering 7 vs. 1 would be better? Either way, as for the third world, two wrongs don't make a right. I was just confused why you'd need 7. I doubt you'll get 7x the vouchers to be honest with you...

No I know you wasn't targeting me. As to why I ordered 7 I ordered to what I have in my bank until tomorrow when I get paid, case of nothing ventured nothing gained, If by some miracle they all arrived not only would it take a lorry to get them to mine I would be about 7 grand to the good!!
  • Options
    Looks like someone got one.

They ordered it online, went to a store and showed them the receipt and got the TV.

Good on him.

eta: had to check the TV was in stock first though.
  • Options
    Ah, now they're issuing emails saying that the items are unavailable and have been cancelled from all the orders.
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

damn can't believe someone got one!
  • Options
    Looks like someone got one.

They ordered it online, went to a store and showed them the receipt and got the TV.

Good on him.

eta: had to check the TV was in stock first though.

Good for him...Merry Christmas! :eek:
  • Options
    hahahaha yeah deffinatly good on him should I hire a van for a laugh go down there and claim my 7?
  • Options
    GRRRRRRRrr

Nintendo Wiis were in stock on amazon.co.uk. Someone was a greedy fucker though:
    I bet you don't get them, email in a few days saying sorry, the stock level has been showing 14 for the last 30 mins and ive odered 10 so that can't be right

He's just trying to make a quick buck, think of all the parents who are trying desperately to get their kids one this christmas. What a lovely twat.
  • Options
    hahahaha yeah deffinatly good on him should I hire a van for a laugh go down there and claim my 7?

If you've got the receipt printed off, phoned up the store to check they're in stock then I don't think they can stop you. Don't quote me though.
  • Options

He's just trying to make a quick buck, think of all the parents who are trying desperately to get their kids one this christmas. What a lovely twat.

Some people are idiots, I swear.
  • Options
    where did you see this shyboy that someone has got one?
  • Options
    MSE there is a thread about 1000 people have ordered them so don't think you'll get lucky :p

www.moneysavingexpert.com
  • Options
    it would appear the link is now dead!!
  • Options
    MSE there is a thread about 1000 people have ordered them so don't think you'll get lucky :p

www.moneysavingexpert.com

On which board mate, theres about 20 different boards!
  • Options
    Yea. As for the Nintendos, if you look on ebay the prices are normalising a bit now that places like amazon are getting them in stock. Should be able to pick one up for around £220 or something. So not masses of profit, just inconvenience. I think it should be one each. Maybe that's just me though.
  • Options
    On which board mate, theres about 20 different boards!

Quick, Grabbit While You Can

Thread here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=328808
  • Options
    Oh dear, they're all being cancelled :p

I'm not fussed about that, it's people ordering 10 Wiis that annoy me, because mainly the people who want Wiis are kids who are gonna be dissappointed for christmas when they don't get one. I suppose they're a reasonable enough price on eBay now but still...
  • Options
    My orders are now shown as cancelled! ho hum.
  • Options
    Haha Woolworth are evil. As I type their ad just came on.

"Whats that wooly £150 for an 42" lcd hd tv??"

Wooly is an idiot.
  • Options
    Up until about 10 minutes ago they were still listed at £150, just nothing happened when you clicked on them...now all Sharp items have vanished from the site....how strange :lol: