Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Will my boots stretch?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I fell in :heart: with a pair of black boots from primark yesterday and they only had the size below mine :( So I bought them anyway :D
Theyre made of fake suade kinda stuff. I can get my feet into them with a LOT of huffing and puffing, but do you think after a couple of wears they'll stretch a bit?
Please say yes! They are my babies

Comments

• Options
    Fake suede I'm sure they will stretch. lol

Buy some shoe trees (I think that's what they are called) from the shoe shop. They will help stretch them.
  • Options
    I did think of buying a shoe stretcher but I spent all my money on my boots :(
  • Options
    i think theres a spray you can buy and then you put something inside your shoe and it all helps stretch it
  • Options
    stuff them with newspaper
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    I did think of buying a shoe stretcher but I spent all my money on my boots :(
    Theres a shop up my high street called Steads. Im not sure if you have one but the shoe stretchers are £10. As with most shops they should be about that.
  • Options
    AAHOOOWWWW OWW OWWWW

I hope to god they stretch as I wore them today and they are the SHOES OF TORTURE :(
  • Options
    I was going to suggest taking them to a proper cobblers and getting them stretched (like you would with leather boots) 'til I read what they're made of, I guess it'll be microsuede which should (in theory) have quite a bit of give in it and be something you can manage yourself.

Which is the part that's tight? Is it the leg or the actual foot, as obviously the fact that it has a sole sized to be smaller than your foot is going to limit the amount of stretching the actual foot of the boot can do!

Oh, and hope your tootsies feel better soon. Nothing worse than the SHOES OF TORTURE. Nice foot soak and coercing someone into giving you a foot rub should see you right :thumb:
  • Options
    persistence is the only possible solution. if they're beautiful shoes they're worth it!
  • Options
    Its not the sole thats too small as my feet are the length of a size 3, the reason I wear a 4 is because I have wide feet and a high instep which is where they're pinching. My little toes look the worst of it. I might take em to the cobblers and see if they have any magical boot stretching devices
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    Its not the sole thats too small as my feet are the length of a size 3, the reason I wear a 4 is because I have wide feet and a high instep which is where they're pinching. My little toes look the worst of it. I might take em to the cobblers and see if they have any magical boot stretching devices
    Size 3! Thats dinky. :razz:
  • Options
    Well size 4 really, as I found out today :no:
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    This thread reminds me of a Friends episode.
  • Options
    Just keep wearing them. I've got some cheapo boots that were a tad tight, and they fit like beauts now. :thumb:
  • Options
    My evil left foot is bigger. Maybe I can get a foot reduction on the NHS :chin:
  • Options
    Maybe heat would help? You could try blasting them with a hair dryer whilst wearing them?
  • Options
    id try wetting them and stuffing them with newspaper
  • Options
    can you wet suedettey stuff?
  • Options
    i read that as "Will my booty stretch?"

I guess I had one punch too much... uhh.
    well lets hope so.
  • Options
    Surely wetting them would shrink them? :chin:
  • Options
    not if they were stuffed to bursting point with newspaper or one of those shoe stretching things.
  • Options
    Faux Suede will definitely go mishapen, so they will loosen up. If you wet them you will ruin them, fake suede isn't designed for water. Put a protector on them before you get them wet.
  • Options
    They fit lovely with no socks :)
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    They fit lovely with no socks :)
    in that case could u not wear them with those pop socks?
    they are thinner than propper cotton/wooly socks so u might just get away with em

x
  • Options
    could you wear them with knee highs then (tights)?
  • Options
    I'm wearing them with pop socks at the moment and they are stretching lovely :)
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    I'm wearing them with pop socks at the moment and they are stretching lovely :)

That usually works, but when you're not wearing them you should use those boot stretcher things, they're quite good and they keep them in shape. Should cost under a tenner from shoe shops.