Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

First love break up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
today me and my now ex boyfriend broke up.(just brought me to tears again saying that) it's really stupid we both still love each other but as i've said in some of my other posts i had a big problem with a friend of his called kerry and lately things with her have just gotten worse to the point where i wanted him to chose but he wouldn't. We broke up because he said we have problems which we do and he don't think we can sort them but really if we sat down and spoke about it like adults maybe we could. I have a lot of jealousy issues i'm also possesive and controlling and they are aspects of me i loathe but i just don't know what i can do about it. being young and naive i still see this little fantasy future with him. when we was talking we both were bawling our eyes out and it hurt so much, then we ended up kissing and sleeping together and after that smiling and no more tears till i had to leave, since i've left i'm like a waterfall i've been crying constantlynow for well over an hour i'm just hurting so much because i love him and he feels the same.
We've been together just over 3 years, i was a month of my 15th birthday and he was just 18 when we got together so in love we even got engaged.
Many of his friends dislike me and so i dislike them back which always left ryan in the middle.
It sucks so much i think i have alot of issues i need dealing with but i don't know how but they need to be sorted they're ruining my life and possibly my future if things carry on.
Sorry if this is very incoherent i just needed to vent, can't talk to anyone else as my family i think are secretly glad we split up as they thought i could do better even though they said he was a nice guy.

Comments

• Options
    The first time is always the worst. But time is a great healer and athough it will take a while, it will get better and you won't feel this sad forever, even though it feels like you will at the moment.
  • Options
    you have to remind yourself that you've made the right decision. i don't know the deal with kerry but if he couldn't pick between you it doesn't say a lot about your relationship and you don't deserve to be second best. 3 years is a long time at a young age and even though you might not see it or want to hear it now, there are better people for you out there. and yes, it's a terrible cliche but time is a great healer. chin up. x
  • Options
    everyone seems to be breaking up :(
    tbh i think you could work it out, as it doesn't seem like there's been major things getting in the way. But if he won't chose between you and some other girl then i think it says alot.
    I remember your old post about her and if things have continued with her as they were then i would have done the same tbh.

*hugs*
  • Options
    The first love is always the fucking hardest. Take it from someone who is just coming to terms with it.

I know it's scant consolation for some stranger over the internet to spout trite things like 'you'll get over it' because I imagine at the moment you feel about as fucking low as possible. All I can say is, though you feel completely alone, there are people who have gone through the same stuff as you are at the moment.

I shan't bore you with the details of me and my ex but it was an exceptionally tearful affair, especially hard since she's on the opposite side of the world, having graduated, got a job and generally not having a fucking care in the world while I'm stuck in Bristol doing my finals.

Though this may come as a kick in the teeth now and may sound insulting but you will feel better and you will get through it. I'm only just coming to terms now but you'll be fine. Chin up, fight the good fight.