Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Teenage Mums ~ Any out there?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jim V wrote:
    Difference is Kiezo, you have a reputation for being insulting and agressive and JST doesn't. .
    im sure it was jst who used to be agressive back in the hellfire days
  • Options
    We do keep detailed records Lipsy, and copies of all private messages and the dates of all warnings. But again - can we leave it for this thread?
  • Options
    Hey to OP, welcome to Thesite. Dunno how many young mums are about, but everyone is pretty friendly on here...despite the bickering above! Hope you find your way about.
    A xxx
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    lipsy wrote:
    im sure it was jst who used to be agressive back in the hellfire days
    Thanks for that Lipsy! :p

Anyway, welcome to thesite OP. I dont have any children I am afraid, although I have been said to look 10months pregnant...
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Thanks for that Lipsy! :p
    :lol: sorry im just shit stirring!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    :lol: sorry im just shit stirring!

And sticking up for me. YOU'RE LIKE MY KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR!
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote:
    And sticking up for me. YOU'RE LIKE MY KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR!
    its coz i like your steroid arms :razz: now hence forth and let thy protect thee!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    its coz i like your steroid arms :razz: now hence forth and let thy protect thee!

Half price tickets to the gun show for you little missy.
  • Options
    here im nt a teenage mum wud love to have kids thou. i alway hav weird dreams bout havin kids thou. is givin birth realli as bad as ppl say?
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote:
    here im nt a teenage mum wud love to have kids thou. i alway hav weird dreams bout havin kids thou. is givin birth realli as bad as ppl say?

I'm sure it's just like a walk in the park, stopping every now and again to smell the roses whilst your baby slides out.

Jesus. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I was a teenage mum, not anymore though. how you doin?
  • Options
    I'm not a teenage mum (or a mum, or a teenager) but nonetheless thought I'd pop in and bid you a quick hello! Everyone's said it but there's a lot of support here. (Don't let the bitching put you off, we're all lovely deep down!)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Mist wrote:
    I'm sure it's just like a walk in the park, stopping every now and again to smell the roses whilst your baby slides out.

Jesus. :rolleyes:

So witty.
    I think you'll find that it's easier for some than others, and isn't always 'that bad' for everybody.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    So witty.

I know.
    Skive wrote:
    I think you'll find that it's easier for some than others, and isn't always 'that bad' for everybody.

And I think that you'll find that my opinion is just as valid as yours. What with neither of us being women and all that.

I would rather that folk didn't approach getting pregnant and having a baby thinking it's going to be an easy ride.
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote:
    My cousin gives birth fast and painless. Everyone is different.
  • Options
    how bad do people say it is?
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Thats nice, whats her name?

I dont think or see why people would hate it.

I'm guessing it's Kealey ?

Anyway hello to Original Poster :wave:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm afraid the OP got scared by the first few posts and didn't even check the rest... Well done, kids. :thumb: [/sarcasm]
  • Options
    how bad do people say it is?
    Like trying to push a bowling ball out your nostril?
  • Options
    im sure mine wasnt as bad as that (cant remember) Ill tell you again in 3 months time.
  • Options
    Mine was horrific, I've only just forgotten how bad it was.

I swore Abbie would be an only child for months til I managed to block out the memories of labour :p
  • Options
    I'm guessing it's Kealey ?

Anyway hello to Original Poster :wave:
    lol just fell in. "Lucy loves Kealey" :blush:
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    Mine was horrific, I've only just forgotten how bad it was.

I swore Abbie would be an only child for months til I managed to block out the memories of labour :p
    Mine was ok, plenty of painkillers, so didnt hurt that much.
    Going for a homebirth this time, as natural as possible, so will get the true experience LOL.
  • Options
    How exciting SCC! I'd love to give birth at home, but I'm not brave enough. However, I'm sure lots of people would say you have to be brave to want to do it in a hospital! :D

Are you going to have a birthing pool?
  • Options
    I'm afraid the OP got scared by the first few posts and didn't even check the rest... Well done, kids. :thumb: [/sarcasm]

The thought of having a kid doesn't scare her, but a few people joking around on a message board does? Somehow I don't think so.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Kiezo wrote:
    The thought of having a kid doesn't scare her, but a few people joking around on a message board does? Somehow I don't think so.
    Don't degrade yourself like that Kiez, surely you're smart enough to realise that "scared" wasn't literal.
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    How exciting SCC! I'd love to give birth at home, but I'm not brave enough. However, I'm sure lots of people would say you have to be brave to want to do it in a hospital! :D

Are you going to have a birthing pool?

Dont know yet. It hasnt been properly booked. Ive told my doctor thats what im thinking about, and she was lovely and very supportive, but still waiting to hear from the community midwife to arrange it properly. It is quite exciting. I can change my mind right up till the last minute if I want to, which is reassuring. I dont think id have chosen it for a first birth though, but my body coped fine last time and as long as this little one stays put till at least 36weeks (Lenny didnt) then I should be all set. I found hospital birth to be a bit rubbish, with midwives who were rushed off their feet, kept buggering off and leaving me labouring on my own, which was not what i needed. Ended up feeling quite out of control, and using a lot more painkillers than I think i would have done if id been on my own turf, with a competant midwife whod stay with me and be on my side, and reassure me of my abilities.

And if there was any emergency, I live about 4 minutes drive from the hospital :)
  • Options
    SCC - That sounds like a lot better way to give birth to me! Not actually to me like but you get what i mean :p
  • Options
    I was a young mum!! Was a while ago now. He's going to be 8 next year!!

I like the idea of a home birth. The idea of being propped up in your own bed with all your creature comforts around you sounds so nice. As long as someone else cleans up though. I thought I wanted to be in hospital where the drugs and the experts were but when the time came all I wanted to was discharge us and go home back to my own pit.
  • Options
    I was a teenage mum briefly, and the birth was actually a walk in the park given that i was drugged up and feelin' quite floaty :angel:
    Then again, I did have a C-section :razz: