Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Im not feeling the Christmas vibe!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is any one else not feeling it?

My decorations are up and all that...crimbp cards all over the place. But im not feeling it !

I think its because im getting older or the weather or something.

:grump:

Im usually well excited about all the xmas parties and that coming up...but its all been quite lame this year

:grump:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm miserable too. Can't afford a Christmas tree and only received three cards so far - work peeps giving to charity instead but doubt anyone would care enough to send me one. Maybe things will be better when I break up from work on Tues.
    Me, Im normally really excited for the whole run up to Christmas but Im not really fussed with it this year :(
    Loopi wrote:
    Maybe things will be better when I break up from work on Tues.

Gah i fucking hate IT...i have to work every day over x-mas......(except the proper bank holidays obviously)

...i think that could well be the problem.
    we don't have any decorations up because my parents are away and they're all in the loft.

i haven't even thought about buying xmas presents either.

just not feeling it!
    My neighbour/mate has died, so I took my decs down.

I was in the mood but when things like this happen it tends to knock you for 6.
    You bunch of humbugs!!

I am SO feeling the xmas spirit. Making the xmas cards, wrapping the presents, mulling the wine :D Can't wait!

ETA: HIT you posted same time as me. You're excused :) Hope you're ok
    kangoo wrote:
    You bunch of humbugs!!

I am SO feeling the xmas spirit. Making the xmas cards, wrapping the presents, mulling the wine :D Can't wait!

Cheer me up then !! Gimme some wine and x-mas snog :naughty:
    Same here, not in the mood for it this year for some reason.
    kangoo wrote:
    You bunch of humbugs!!

See, I've already done all that stuff so maybe my Christmas spirit has been and gone already, Im onto January blues.
    Nada.

I don't like Christmas anyway, but when you can't afford to get people the things you want to get them, and you can't even afford to get them the cheap alternatives (fucking Amazon and its fucking extortionate p&p :(), everything seems a bit shit. I'm gonna have to go on a shopping spree tomorrow with my limited funds.

Plus I'm not gonna see the boy til New Year after this weekend, unless I suddenly find £20+ to visit him next Thursday night/Friday morning. He's going to France on the Friday and it's like...meh.

I hate Christmas ;(.
    Franki wrote:
    I hate Christmas ;(.

Hating Christmas is bad ...it is usually such a great time...happy family times all the joyful spirts.

But its all been quite shit this year...we are in september weather...i mean its not even cold for fuck sake !
    Today's been quite bad, i'll do a thread about it in Health later :(
    Phoenix_ wrote:
    Hating Christmas is bad ...it is usually such a great time...happy family times all the joyful spirts.

But its all been quite shit this year...we are in september weather...i mean its not even cold for fuck sake !
    Not in my house it isn't.

And I think you're mad. Not cold? NOT COLD?!?!?!?!
    As long as the weather stay this, I will still be devoid of the Christmas spirit. bah. C'est une temps de chien ici.
    Franki wrote:
    Not in my house it isn't.

And I think you're mad. Not cold? NOT COLD?!?!?!?!
    It isn't cold. I walk to work every day in a shirt and light jacket every day, and all I feel is a slight chill (then get soaked to shit and spend most of the day with my socks on the office radiator). I haven't even had a chance to wear my winter coat and scarf this year. :grump:
    It's freezing here. To me, anyway. Then again I'm usually standing at a bus stop at 7:30. *shrug*.

I wish I knew where my gloves were :(.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    with my socks on the office radiator

aaah i miss doing that, I used to walk to work, and without fail once a month, my socks would be on the radiator.

Dont have a job to walk to now :p
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Franki wrote:
    It's freezing here. To me, anyway. Then again I'm usually standing at a bus stop at 7:30. *shrug*.

I wish I knew where my gloves were :(.
    i have about 5 pairs, come get some, i have a wide range!

ooh might start a glove shop....
    I'm not going to be feeling anything other than crap until I finish my essay. I might feela bit Christmassy afterwards though, as I will then have finished all my uni work for before Christmas. At the weekend I will do, as I'm going home for my vacation :)
    nope not in the christmas mood, i blame stores putting up christmas stuff really early and working in a store that plays christmas tunes all day long.
    Franki wrote:
    Not cold? NOT COLD?!?!?!?!

Nope :D
    I was feeling the Christmas Spirit all through last week because it was the last week of term and there were loads of Christmas themed parties and club nights, I even celebrated New Years Eever early last week! But now its past the end of term I'm not feeling Christmassy anymore. That will probably change when i go home on Sunday to a house full of Christmas decorations.
    Last week I was feeling christmas, this week I'm not so much for some reason which is strange because I break up from college next wednesday.

Oh and for the record, it may not be icey, but it's still fucking freezing.
    I aint bought any presents yet, or put up any decorations. We always leave it way late anyway. I'm rubbish :P
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Exactly.

Bunnie - I may have to take you up on that offer ;o. Rich offered to give me a pair of his but it never happened :grump:.
    I cant into it this year, I have other stuff to worry about. I dont even have any Xmas cards yet. I have also done NO xmas shopping at all because my brothers a twit and wont tell what he and his girlfriend want. I want to fuck off and hide til its all over.
    pill 'ed wrote:
    you think its cold there, its minus 5 in ipswich!!!!!

:lol:sorry i got sent that today
    Christmas is shit. I spend a fortune on others and get a few crap things back in return. I know thats not the xmas spirit but it does get a bit crap when year after year and you realise the only ones who benefit are the shops.
    That said, I am a bit more in the xmas spirit cos my little boy is into it this year, but then in a way that makes it extra crap because my ex has insisted on having him this year from the 20th to the 26th, so shite christmas all round.
    Is any one else not feeling it?

I'm ambivalent. It's a nice celebration but not a big deal.
    My decorations are up and all that...crimbp cards all over the place. But im not feeling it !

No dec's up in my place. Can't be bothered. As I don't already have them I would rather spend them on something else - including buying the Big Issue from the chap in town.
    I think its because im getting older or the weather or something.

Christmas is fun for young kids really. It's centred around them - after all that's how the original story of it goes.

Your mental condition could be S.A.D. - Seasonal Affected Disorder - lack of daylight causing mild depression. Get a daylight bulb for your house or a "light box".

In Christmas 2007 why not plan a break in Australia or Asia. Nice and hot!

Alternatively - think about home here: Cold fresh wind on cheeks, wooley jumpers walking into pubs with log fires roaring cosy pubs, real ale, red wine, whisky. Getting slowing merry reminiscing with old friends.

Afterwards, back to yours or theirs for a cup of tea/coffee and/or mulled wine and some further reminiscing. Perhaps talking about plans for the new year. How you gonna quit that job, move to a better one. Start a new hobby. Go on a new course. Apply to get on a MBA course etc. etc.

Then home. Wake up with a mild hangover, enjoying the time off from work. Being able to potter about.

Bright crisp sunny frosty days walking on the beach or in the woods or country side.

...And ramble on like I have done above :)
    Im usually well excited about all the xmas parties and that coming up...but its all been quite lame this year

As for parties: Xmas eve has always been better than NYE from my experience. At the end of the day (and it is on that night) you've got 364 other days to have an amazing night out.

Wouldn't it be an anti-climax if NYE was the best night of the year?

Oh and don't bother joining a gym: take up dancing, running, bike riding, five-a-side football instead. Like dating agencies, the gym is one of the biggest 21st Century cons.
    lipsy wrote:
    you think its cold there, its minus 5 in ipswich!!!!!

:lol:sorry i got sent that today

:o