Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What offends you?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    not much really, mainly racism and positive discrimination
  • Options
    Jim Davidson.

Oh and I get very offended when people accuse me of doing something they should know I would never do.
  • Options
    Fuck all.

People at work rip the piss out of me all day because I'm from Aberdeen, they take pictures of me and super-impose my head onto pictures farmers in fields with sheep and email them about, they rip the piss out of the fact that I've got Westlife on my Bebo. Instead of getting offended, I fight back, especially to the fat pie muching smelly Rangers supporting arseholes and dirty theiving tattie-howking Celtic supporting fake Irish bastards on my team.

It's all banter which might hit a bit close to the bone for some, but that's all it is. If you get huffy about it then it's just gonna make the slagging 46 times worse :thumb:
  • Options
    Jim Davidson.
    I used to like him until he told about a joke about how there'd be no rape if women were less frigid which made me think he was a twat.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    lots of things annoy me, but don't really offend me. Like little boys that mutter 'ginger' so i can hear them, but won't say anything else or say anything to my face? Wtf? Get over it.
    Snap. I get it all the time from pupils where I work. WTF, how is that a way to 'call' somebody? It's not the fact that I find it offensive but the fact that they think that it's offensive that actually offends me if that makes any sense. I've turned round and called them brown or blonde but the joke was lost on the inbred little twats.

I actually get offended and hurt by lots of things but don't let on. Just simple things like people arranging a Friday night out and completely ignoring the fact that I'm sitting with them and not inviting me; children saying I'm the worst teacher they've ever had because they get poor marks because they've done no work or that I'm using favouritism because the child that did revise and did put the work in got a better exam result than them - go figure; my sister making beautiful Christmas cards all year round but then just making me one at the last minute with Santa stickers on; pretty much everything. No wonder I'm such a miserable cow.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    sexism offends me

lots of things annoy me, but don't really offend me. Like little boys that mutter 'ginger' so i can hear them, but won't say anything else or say anything to my face? Wtf? Get over it.
    Or men who shout things at you from their car.

There's a guy on my estate who always shouts things at me because I dress 'different' (as in I don't wear a tracksuit and peroxide my hair). One time him and his mate got in their car and followed me up the drive calling me a bitch and a slag. They went up the road, turned around and did the same thing again... And again.

So I told him to come back and insult me when his balls dropped.

I'm a peace loving hippy but I'd love to castrate him. "Men" in their late 20's/early 30's who do that sort of shit, intimidate locals and sit in the middle or a roundabout on an estate in a deckchair just to assert his presence shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.

Cunt.

(Edited to add: he didn't dare say a fucking thing to my face when I saw him walking back from the pub and talked to him. He hid under his hood. Twat)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Thinking about it there are a couple of things. The idea that all drug users are losers or lackign something in their life is offensive. Homlessness/Teenage/chav bashing I also find quite offensive.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Message boards they digust Me....
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    When people make an untrue generalization about a group of people I belong in. Especially if they insist they're right.
  • Options
    Fat chicks who wear tops that expose their stomach offend me. And sometimes their faces.
  • Options
    Racism, sexism and 'adultism'.
  • Options
    Very little. Alot of stuff annoys me, though.
  • Options
    Fuck all except stuck up cunts on their high horse who think they're better than ya.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Fuck all except stuck up cunts on their high horse who think they're better than ya.

Yep
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote:
    Well I can kind of see the logic in that, in that the next time you're buying them you may remember that specfic brand name and the UNIQUE BENEFITS! of it. Although car adverts are something I've never understood. Who impulse buys a car? The people that have enough money to impulse buy a car aren't exactly gonna go out and buy a Ford Mondeo because they just seen an advert for it. Surely when buying a car you go to the showroom, have a look around, maybe find out the safest/most economical car in your price range. Surely car adverts have no effect on purchasing.
    Are you kidding? They can actually make the same car, in the same factory, change the styling slightly, put a different badge on it, market it to different people, and one will be bought by old people, and one by "cool" youngsters. I'd think that cars are actaully more about image than most things you buy. If they weren't, then no-one in the world would own a 4x4 vehicle unless they needed to drive offroad.

But yeah, on your main point I agree. I can't stand gobby people coming onto me at the best of times, never mind when they're the same age as my mother.
  • Options
    Fuck all really offends me. People can call me all sorts of names and stereotypes, take the piss out of me, be sexist or racist towards me, whatever. I don't care and why should I? They are the ones with the problem. And I NEVER get offended at a joke. Though I am only human so if someone is being really derogatory I may lose my temper. But that's more being pissed off than ofended. Plus I'm very witty and can easily turn something back round on someone and get everyone laughing at the offender :D
    Though other people getting offended easily winds me up BIG style!
    The things that do offend me are people stealing from me or friends shitting on me.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:

I have no idea why anyone would do that to you.
  • Options
    Are you kidding? They can actually make the same car, in the same factory, change the styling slightly, put a different badge on it, market it to different people, and one will be bought by old people, and one by "cool" youngsters. I'd think that cars are actaully more about image than most things you buy. If they weren't, then no-one in the world would own a 4x4 vehicle unless they needed to drive offroad.

Aye I don't doubt image is important. Don't get me wrong, I'm as superficial as the next person, but if I want a decent looking car I don't buy a Mondeo/Corsa/whatever they advertise on TV - I'd buy one that actually looks good. Even then if you bought a car purely on looks, you still go to the showroom to see how they look up close.
  • Options
    The only thing I can think of that offends me is people calling me a liar- call me anything else (ginger comes to mind, as does slag) and I'll laugh, but call me a liar and suddenly the red mist descends. Loads of things annoy me though- primarily incompetence.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote:
    Aye I don't doubt image is important. Don't get me wrong, I'm as superficial as the next person, but if I want a decent looking car I don't buy a Mondeo/Corsa/whatever they advertise on TV - I'd buy one that actually looks good. Even then if you bought a car purely on looks, you still go to the showroom to see how they look up close.
    Yeah but image is about more than what the car looks like. It's about what features you choose to emphasise when you're advertising. Do you emphasise safety and reliability (sensible family car), performance (drivers car), smooth ride (professional car), economy (business/fleet car)? Now the car could have all of these things, but by changing the focus of the car, you will attract different people to view it, and not everyone will do their research (in fact, I would say anyone stupid enough to buy a new car probably hasn't done their research, or has money to throw away). Also bear in mind that when they (a parent, for example) go to the Ford garage, the salesman isn't going to say "well actually, this BMW has everything you need for the same price" and if BMW haven't advertised their car as a family car, they probably won't even consider visiting that saleroom, unless they've done their research. Anyway, rant over. :p
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    When people make an untrue generalization about a group of people I belong in. Especially if they insist they're right.

:yes:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I find men (and, to a lesser extent, women) in t-shirts that say "NO MINGERS ALLOWED" or something equally witty very offensive. Though the fact that they are usually the biggest "minger" in the place does take the edge off a little :p

oh you just reminded me, my friend's boyfriend has this t-shirt saying something like "no heavy loads over 10 stone"
    fucking twat :no: he's a minger as well.
  • Options
    I get very offended when people accuse me of doing something they should know I would never do.

All of the above.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote:
    Oh, then there's the fucking annoying 40+ women on hen nights dressed like little tarts in fairy wings and glittery cowboy hats that try to fucking grab you and start kissing you and scream things like "BUT IT'S HER LAST NIGHT BEING SINGLE!". What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Do you think I'm gonna wake up in the middle of the night all "OH GOD SHE'S NOT SINGLE ANYMORE I'VE MISSED MY CHANCE"!?

HaHa yeah!

Anyone who's so obsessed with loosing their singledom that they have to go and make the most of it before it's too late don't deserve to be married in the first place. Again, just an annoyance really.
  • Options
    Not a alot offends me, unless some one is slagging me off to my face :/
  • Options
    Loopi wrote:
    Snap. I get it all the time from pupils where I work. WTF, how is that a way to 'call' somebody? It's not the fact that I find it offensive but the fact that they think that it's offensive that actually offends me if that makes any sense. I've turned round and called them brown or blonde but the joke was lost on the inbred little twats.

I actually get offended and hurt by lots of things but don't let on. Just simple things like people arranging a Friday night out and completely ignoring the fact that I'm sitting with them and not inviting me
    :yes: one of my friends has done that several times, she's always arranging stuff with an exchange girl who's here for a year, right infront of us! Fair enough if you don't want to hang with us but at least have some tact about it.

And men who think because i have an ample bosom it means i like to have my breasts shouted at etc

eta: saw all my friends today, it's my birthday soon - i've not arranged anything because no one ever bothers to come as its between xmas and new year. Not going to see them til next year now...no signs of any bday cards/prezzies. And none of them know where my house is well enough to come visit (i live in another town). Kind of annoyed as i always get them something even if they don't arrange anything/i'm not invited. Maybe i should stop being so nice?
    And i lent my hair curlers to one of them last week, said she'd bring them today and 'forgot' then said she'd bring them back to school.....i told her i wanted them over xmas. :grump:

I think i need new friends! :p
  • Options
    People, especially men who think they can grab or touch me in the street.
    People who think the world revolves around them.
    Kids who feel the need to shout all the time on buses and rip the piss out of anything they see. Hmmm...just annoys me a tad...doesn't exactly offend as such. Anything physically harming really thats all!
  • Options
    Men...

Men...

Men...

Sexism...

Men...