Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

anger problem?

Im not sure that this is healthy but when I get mad at something, I stay mad for ages, not only that, sometimes I get really wound up and wind up smashing stuff like I got really mad at something someone said to me so I smashed a fan and then theres another time I got really mad at something I smashed my coca cola glass (the cool mcdonalds one). Ive also noticed when I get mad and can't find anything to smash I punch walls.

what can I do to calm myself down?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Anger management.

And find a hobby, this may releive some stress.
    run
    bash the shit out of a pillow
    otter wrote:
    run
    bash the shit out of a pillow
    Chuck a pillow at the wall rather then punch the wall.
    Scream. Can really help sometimes.
    Im not sure that this is healthy but when I get mad at something, I stay mad for ages, not only that, sometimes I get really wound up and wind up smashing stuff like I got really mad at something someone said to me so I smashed a fan and then theres another time I got really mad at something I smashed my coca cola glass (the cool mcdonalds one). Ive also noticed when I get mad and can't find anything to smash I punch walls.

I used to get that quite alot too, still do sometimes, I always found beating the living crap out of pillows works, I've even ripped parts of my pillow off with my teeth before because I was so mad! lol
    freeallangels19: thats a good Idea but i did it once when my sis was in and she ran upstairs and busted in my room in a panic thinking im fighting with a burgler.

pillows arn't enough for me to get all my anger out.
    freeallangels19: thats a good Idea but i did it once when my sis was in and she ran upstairs and busted in my room in a panic thinking im fighting with a burgler.

pillows arn't enough for me to get all my anger out.

Do it outside, if you can find some wide open space to do it its much better. Find something to chuck around then, kicking the shit out of a football at a wall maybe?
    I guess, I keep punching walls but each time I do, it bends my knuckle out of place. I think its just I get mad over silly reasons such as a stupid 17 year old who keeps asking me "whats going on with you and girls John?" and then has the cheek to say "oh there not coming to you are they?"

then my sisters got into myspace which I want nothing to do with because of someone who is on there,
    I guess, I keep punching walls but each time I do, it bends my knuckle out of place. I think its just I get mad over silly reasons such as a stupid 17 year old who keeps asking me "whats going on with you and girls John?" and then has the cheek to say "oh there not coming to you are they?"

then my sisters got into myspace which I want nothing to do with because of someone who is on there,

Ignore the stupid 17 year old then, they probably not getting any themselves. And explain to your sister you want your myspace kept private. If you keep punching walls your break a knuckle one day and that will hurt more then its worth. I just remember, scream into a cushion it might help keep the noise down.
    shes got the myspace and shes on it all the time, but I just got to stay off it and the 17 year old? 16st boxing wannabe, most irritating fucker in the world!

I just gotta be more mellow....
    go with the flow and all that shite.
    I just gotta be more mellow....
    go with the flow and all that shite.

You learn it more as you get older. I used to get really easily wound up at your age as well.
    Im just gonna borrow a line from Franki and say Meh...
    (Your right though, just when you have alot on your mind)
    Ever considered joining a gym? It relieves stress quiet goo, and even has studies to back it up I believe. lol
    Thought about it, kinda want to as well
    Thought about it, kinda want to as well
    Go for it. It makes you feel great, you look great, it relieves stress levels. I'm talking about weight training in particular, not running machines.
    When i was around 13/14 i used to do that too. I used to take my anger out on walls and doors and my knuckles always used to be bruised. Once i smashed up a CD rack with a knife whilst also accidently stabbing my hand with the knife.

It could just be a phase i soon grew out of it. Now instead of getting mad i just ignore the situation and keep cool. I'd rather concentrate on something else than get angry about the situation. An alternative is to walk away, go somewhere quiet and come back when you feel calm again.
    I get angry alot to, often at nothing, or just at the fact im getting angry.
    Heres a tip.. Dont kick walls. it hurts :(
    I don't kick em, I punch em.
    To be honest i have a very short temper and lash out very easily, i find that the best thing to do to keep my anger at bay is exercise, take up a sport you like or just run until you cant feel your legs anymore!! lol or swimming is also good!

Personally i think i am just a person who vents out but hitting walls and stuff just leave you injured and in pain!!! Alternatively try something like yogo or breathing exercises - i can never do this as its way to slow but it might work for you!

Good luck x
    I'm quite similar fiery temper I've found exercise is great go and work off your rage or my new favourite passtime...bashing up a big big cardboard box with a hammer :D
    I find chasing birds helps me feel not as angry lol Its kinda weird but it really helps. Next time you feel angry or depressed just run after a group of birds and shout at them and watch them fly away :P lol
    I think I found that the anger comes from pent up sadness. Thing is though I don't want to let it out because then it makes me soft.
    Magic.Emma wrote:
    I find chasing birds helps me feel not as angry lol Its kinda weird but it really helps. Next time you feel angry or depressed just run after a group of birds and shout at them and watch them fly away :P lol
    Then the men in the white coats come and cart you away.
    Crying doesnt make you soft. Although I dont cry ever. But thats for other reasons. I tend to be a bit self destructive when I'm angry.
    im like that but only if I feel really stressed.
    Stress is bad. Bad stressful day at work means I slip up. I was nearly crying at work the other day because I felt so stressed and crap.
    man, I hate days like that, I get those in school sometimes.
    Yes but crying at work isnt a good idea. I think my bosses how upset I was as well.
    same for school, your 'rep' goes out the window.
    Yes but a syou know I dont have much 'rep' anyway. Never had any at school either. I was the fat ugly freak nobody liked that much. Oh well at least I have an IQ above 10 unlike most of them.
    TBH i don't have much of a rep (had a bad one last year) but I get what you mean and as you know the guys at your workplace are plebs anyway.